Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Muir posted:

If you got it from a third party retailer, GW's missing parts policy is to have the third party just give you a whole replacement box.

Eh it’s not worth the hassle to send back the box half way around the world over a transfer sheet everything else is here I hope there isn’t a sprue missing though that would super suck. I’ll pick through it in detail and find out.

I hope there’s a cheap way to get transfer sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

Eh it’s not worth the hassle to send back the box half way around the world over a transfer sheet everything else is here I hope there isn’t a sprue missing though that would super suck. I’ll pick through it in detail and find out.

I hope there’s a cheap way to get transfer sheets.

You misunderstand.

You may well get to keep your box, and get a whole new one too.

Edit: Although a transfer sheet might well be the sort of thing GW can just send to you. I've got whole box replacements for stuff like miscast sprues.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Squibsy posted:

You misunderstand.

You may well get to keep your box, and get a whole new one too.

:aaaaa:

I’ll give it a shot!!!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Muir posted:

If you got it from a third party retailer, GW's missing parts policy is to have the third party just give you a whole replacement box.

GW's policy is to wash their hands of it and put the onus on the retailer, even though missing components are GW's problem, and not Joe's FLGS who sold the box to Timmy's mom. What's going to happen (at best) is that the buyer wil lbring the box into the retailer and get it swapped or get the replacement part. Then the retailer has to hope GW gives them a credit for the incoomplete product. Obviously, if the buyer bought online, they're pretty much screwed, due to GW's policy. I mean, I get why GW did it - people were abusing the system and getting free product by claiming there is one missing part, whether or not it was true. Unfortunately, the current policy sucks for the honest consumer.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Worst case it is a great opportunity to learn to freehand really well!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So wait do i complain to the Amazon retailer or do I email GW?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lumpy posted:

Worst case it is a great opportunity to learn to freehand really well!

Just mix black paint and black ink together to make a very high flowing and opaque black. Use a brush with longer bristles and a nice fat belly. Then practice the symbol on a post it note or something to dissect the shape into easy to make smaller shapes

Pretty sure you can just be like everyone else and make them from the 69th company which is easy to freehand

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

If you are in the US, PM me, I'll just mail you mine!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lumpy posted:

If you are in the US, PM me, I'll just mail you mine!

Hmmm thanks for the offer sadly that’s not the case and I don’t want to reveal my identity to anyone on the forums.

I have a U.S. post box for online shopping only

I’ll try complaining to customer service like any proud American would and see what happens.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Muir posted:

GW's customer service and the like has always been excellent in my experience.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

1) Try to contact GW directly and see what they say - odds are they are going to tell you "You didn't buy direct, so contact the retailer you bought it from."
2) Contact Amazon - if the item went through them, I believe they have to handle the return/replacement. However, they may route you to the third party seller if you just want the missing component and not a replacement/refund

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Muir posted:

I don't think it is. I went through a third party to get a replacement bit that was irreparably damaged on the sprue and they just sent the single replacement bit.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

berzerkmonkey posted:

What's going to happen (at best) is that the buyer wil lbring the box into the retailer and get it swapped or get the replacement part. Then the retailer has to hope GW gives them a credit for the incoomplete product.

My local store has told me that the policy is that they are to just give me a new box of whatever had something missing, and then GW will credit their account with the value of the box they had to give me. I do not have to return the incomplete box either. This has happened to me for both the Kill Team starter and the Votann army box, where due to one small missing item I basically ended up with two copies for the price of one.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Big Willy Style posted:

I don't think it is. I went through a third party to get a replacement bit that was irreparably damaged on the sprue and they just sent the single replacement bit.

When one of my bits was damaged I contacted the retailer and they liaised with GW for the replacement part. It got shipped to them who then shipped it to me.

So rather than GW - > Me it went GW - > Retailer -> Me

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Cursed City is down to a mere £75 on Wayland Games now as part of their pre-Black Friday. To think I put a special order in for it all those months ago to make sure I got a copy! I am getting Harrowdeep as well as that's got a pretty good discount and I wanted the Kunnin Krew either way. I know there's already a new release/season/whatever, I can't keep up with what versions of whatever you're meant to buy to play these games anyway.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Cursed City is down to a mere £75 on Wayland Games now as part of their pre-Black Friday. To think I put a special order in for it all those months ago to make sure I got a copy! I am getting Harrowdeep as well as that's got a pretty good discount and I wanted the Kunnin Krew either way. I know there's already a new release/season/whatever, I can't keep up with what versions of whatever you're meant to buy to play these games anyway.

Goddamint, I hate GW pricing. That's 58% off USD MSRP ($84 vs $200)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dammit I couldn't get a courier that would send it overseas. Enjoy the cheap miniatures!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Wayland also seem to be giving out some extra games when spending £50, so you'd get cheap minis and a free game too (I got some Altered Carbon game added on, no idea if it's any good but the price is right!. I bought Curse City back when it was closer to the retail price but it's a great set, even if I haven't played it yet, painting the minis has been enjoyable. GW really dropped the ball on the expansions, I was thinking if I ever used the Cursed City figs in an undead army, the bat swarm minis would just be the Fell Bats, and GW think I'm going to buy new Fell Bats for an expansion? Pshyeah right. Certainly wouldn't buy Grave Guard either (I already had them on square bases back when I collected 15 years ago, painted and sold since!).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Got my Kill Team starter box! so hyped to start building and playing!

By the time I explore the game and see if I like it they should announce Soulshackle so by then I'll have figured out where to expand from there.

the question is now how to build my Krieg Veteran squad, what weapons are best, etc. any tips or advice?

is the grenade launcher good? does it ignore cover?

You kind of have a problem with Krieg specifically.

If you only have one box:
https://www.reddit.com/r/killteam/comments/swz5hj/recommendation_optimal_build_for_the_death_korps/

Ideally you have two sets worth of guardsmen:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Noeq/comments/suzqt5/guide_assembly_guide_for_the_death_korps_of_krieg/

I bought two boxes of VG so I could field the 14 model option, and also have all of the potential options available (except for bad choices like laspistol + melee for the Sgt Veteran or the Confidant).

Have a look at those guides, and don't be that concerned about the kitbashing the second link requires you do to - I did it with very little issues, and I have never ever touched minis before in my life, and manage to pull it off without the kitbashed model looking like Frankenstein's monster.

As for model choices, the current team I use is:
Sgt Veteran with Plas pistol and Power Sword
Confidant with Bolter
Gunner - Melta
Gunner - Grenadier
Gunner - Plasma
Zealot
Comms
Sniper
Spotter
Medic
Anciliary support Trooper x4

Although I am playing a NARRATIVE campaign, and I am very VERY new to the game. I went with as much shooty as I could muster. I think that the Demo veteran is a fine choice, as is the Flamer gunner, depending on who you are facing. It's pretty universally accepted that the Bruiser Veteran is pretty poop.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

You kind of have a problem with Krieg specifically.

If you only have one box:
https://www.reddit.com/r/killteam/comments/swz5hj/recommendation_optimal_build_for_the_death_korps/

Ideally you have two sets worth of guardsmen:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Noeq/comments/suzqt5/guide_assembly_guide_for_the_death_korps_of_krieg/

I bought two boxes of VG so I could field the 14 model option, and also have all of the potential options available (except for bad choices like laspistol + melee for the Sgt Veteran or the Confidant).

Have a look at those guides, and don't be that concerned about the kitbashing the second link requires you do to - I did it with very little issues, and I have never ever touched minis before in my life, and manage to pull it off without the kitbashed model looking like Frankenstein's monster.

As for model choices, the current team I use is:
Sgt Veteran with Plas pistol and Power Sword
Confidant with Bolter
Gunner - Melta
Gunner - Grenadier
Gunner - Plasma
Zealot
Comms
Sniper
Spotter
Medic
Anciliary support Trooper x4

Although I am playing a NARRATIVE campaign, and I am very VERY new to the game. I went with as much shooty as I could muster. I think that the Demo veteran is a fine choice, as is the Flamer gunner, depending on who you are facing. It's pretty universally accepted that the Bruiser Veteran is pretty poop.

thanks so much! Sadly I want to save money for things like the Imperial navy or a gallowdark expansion, if I end up enjoying the game, so I will have to live with the compromise of what I have in box, will follow this guide and see what happens! I’ll post the minis when they’re done! I understand about the bruiser but I’ll go for rule of cool and go for him anyways, I want a charging madman looking dude on the team, worst comes to worst I’ll treat him as a regular trooper.

Also minor update, I fixed the Transfer sheet issue, the retailer is sending me a bunch of replacements, all is well!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 4, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you're crafty you can totally make a 10 man team with all the gunners. It just takes some mild sculpting like how I removed the hand from the grip of the melta gun on this guy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you're crafty you can totally make a 10 man team with all the gunners. It just takes some mild sculpting like how I removed the hand from the grip of the melta gun on this guy

Oooooh that’s a great idea I’ll see what I can do!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I went to one of the local stores for paint and guess I now have a monkey with a knife and an ogre pirate.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I researched online and looked through that krieg builds on that reddit post, apparently the single-box krieg that comes in the starter set is severely compromised, those ancillary troops are pretty important and so is being able to field 14 troops with the full gunner options, I’ll just get another veteran box so I can have the full uncompromised team, and use what I have now to learn the ropes of the game in the meantime while it’s shipping. Lol GW got me again.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

I researched online and looked through that krieg builds on that reddit post, apparently the single-box krieg that comes in the starter set is severely compromised, those ancillary troops are pretty important and so is being able to field 14 troops with the full gunner options, I’ll just get another veteran box so I can have the full uncompromised team, and use what I have now to learn the ropes of the game in the meantime while it’s shipping. Lol GW got me again.

Go to the supermarket and buy a $2.99 bag of 20 army men in the toy aisle. Prime 4 of them, and you have your ancillary troops. They are also good for testing out painting techniques!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Yeah, I wouldn't call the kit "severely compromised." It sucks that it doesn't have enough bodies for all 14 dudes but the fire support options they get are a decent compromise to make them usable at lower model count.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

This is why I bought two boxes for my VG.

Having done it myself, make sure that you put the medic backpack on the running medic (if that's what you like), and you should make a 5th trooper veteran (or something) other than a second medic, because you'll never use a second medic.

Lumpy posted:

Go to the supermarket and buy a $2.99 bag of 20 army men in the toy aisle. Prime 4 of them, and you have your ancillary troops. They are also good for testing out painting techniques!

While I was waiting for my VG boxes, I was using my friends 10 model VG + 4 Lego mini figs. It was wonderful.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Building my Ork Kommando team, I gave my Kommando Nob the the power claw, but I loved the choppa arm so much I decided to stick it on my Slasha boy, I managed to make it look normal when I glued it on, but it’s pretty clear it’s a slightly bigger arm than the other knife arm.

I have decided that if anyone asks me why the right arm is bigger than the left I’ll just say that that’s his Choppin, and Jerkin’ arm lol.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Depending on how far you want to go, you could paint the bigger arm a slightly darker green skin tone and paint little stitches in a circular pattern near the joint.

40k orks are incredibly robust, their docs often Frankenstein new limbs for improvements (whether the patient needed/ wanted it is another story).

radlum
May 13, 2013
Had my first game of Kill Team, played against another new player. First activation, my sniper one shot his leader (next activation he destroyed one of my gunners with 3. Crits). Great game; can’t wait to play again

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

radlum posted:

Had my first game of Kill Team, played against another new player. First activation, my sniper one shot his leader (next activation he destroyed one of my gunners with 3. Crits). Great game; can’t wait to play again

Cover, use it. (both of you)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Cover, use it. (both of you)

The emperor is all the shield I need!

*instantly dies a horrible death, soul eaten*

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Well I once cleared 4 neophytes with a single frag but that is not a fault of the game is it?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Anyone interested in picking up the non-model contents of Gnarlwood (rulebook, boards, decks, tokens) for a reasonable price? Thought I'd gauge interest here before putting stuff on Ebay.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Played my first few games of Warhammer Underworlds on the weekend. First game was a learning game against Mrs Randalor, who beat me soundly with the Lady Harrow's Screamy Ladies (I was playing Sons of Velmorn). Then on Sat, we went to our local GW's Gnarlwood event, only one other player showed up so we played a couple of 3-player games, Mrs Randalor won both (she ran Lady Harrow the first game, and the Shadeborn the second, I did Truthseekers then Exiled Dead, and our opponent did Wormspat and Briar Queen). Mrs Randalor won both 3 way games, I came in dead last in all 3, and the third player won the event because he had painted minis while we just picked up our sets the week before.

All in all, we had fun, the third player seemed frustrated in the second game because he didn't like some of the new rule changes (models can act after having charge tokens if all their models have charge tokens, and he called the Exiled Dead dumb because most of their models start Inspired and become uninspired after dying and coming back). Our GW had the standalone Direchasm warbands in stock still, so we picked up the 5 we were missing, along with the ogre pirate and witchhunters.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Randalor posted:

All in all, we had fun, the third player seemed frustrated in the second game because he didn't like some of the new rule changes (models can act after having charge tokens if all their models have charge tokens, and he called the Exiled Dead dumb because most of their models start Inspired and become uninspired after dying and coming back).
Glad you had fun! That guy sounds like a lot of fun to be around! He also has bad opinions about the game - the new rules cut down on feelbad moments (before the change, if you'd charged your single remaining fighter, your only way to play the game was to say "welp, I guess I'll draw another card"), and the exiled dead whoop rear end and are really interesting and manage to feel oppressive to play against while not actually being unmanageably strong. Hella thematic, too - they start out freshly-reanimated and get shittier as the enemy hacks off limbs and the necromancer keeps bringing them back. They do sort of require you to have a handle on the action economy that they break over their knee like a rotten twig, though. Banshees are also a fun, finesse-y warband.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Kill Team FAQs updated last Friday: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#kill-team

Probably most importantly, you really can’t move through walls in Killzone: Gallowdark.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 8, 2022

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

Siivola posted:

Kill Team FAQs updated last Friday: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#kill-team

Probably most importantly, you really can’t move through walls in Killzone: Gallowdark.

Ugh, yeah I read up on that yesterday over on Goonhammer. I have to say I'm pretty unhappy they pretty much made Kommandos unplayable in Gallowdark, seemed to beef up the Phobos, which as far as I know weren't struggling to begin with.

I was mostly convinced that the rules were poorly worded because the GW staffers for battle reports were allowing wall breaches, but maybe they were playing close quarters and not Gallowdark specifically?

For some other content: Here's my test Kroot model for ItD

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Refind Chaos posted:

Ugh, yeah I read up on that yesterday over on Goonhammer. I have to say I'm pretty unhappy they pretty much made Kommandos unplayable in Gallowdark, seemed to beef up the Phobos, which as far as I know weren't struggling to begin with.

Phobos were siting at 42% win rate - lowest of non compendium teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

It's a bunch of nerfs to a weaker team for sure, but "unplayable" is a bit much.