Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

DrPossum posted:

those birds were no angels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm just extremely annoyed that he desperately wants to be funny but he just reminds me of the "how do you do fellow kids" meme. I don't know why I allow myself to be impacted by some dumb rich person but I'm sick of seeing him everywhere online. Allow me to be terminally online in peace dammit.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
He’s living rent-free in your head. You should charge him at least $8/mo for that.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Don't help cats, outdoor cats kill 2.4 billion birds per year.

Eradicate cats they are a scourge upon the earth.

Without cats, birds would blot out the sun, ruining crops and leaving us all to starve. I salute the brave cats fighting against the avian menace.

(But seriously, spay, neuter, and keep them inside.)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Neighbors cat scratched up my porch chair, bird pooped on my car. Let them fight I say.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Fuckin Bob Barker ova heah

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Random Stranger posted:

Without cats, birds would blot out the sun, ruining crops and leaving us all to starve. I salute the brave cats fighting against the avian menace.

(But seriously, spay, neuter, and keep them inside.)

I will find the anti bird equation

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
New day, new stupid idea.

https://twitter.com/MattNavarra/status/1588195672565731328

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How is that functionally different than shadowbanning

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"sure we advertise on twitter but not on the part where people can freely engage in hate speech" - a thing that will never be said by any major corporation

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Horseshoe of making GBS threads on musk aqusition has morphed into a full circle. Its an ouroboros of shitposts and rerrible opinions all the way round.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
How much for the n-word allowed tier, Elon? Just say the number. Any number.

*I prostrate myself at his feet, holding fistfuls of bills before me and offering them up*

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

People on Nextdoor are always posting about how Mangy Murder Poo the Feral Cat is really injured and what vet they should take them to for help.

Just euthanize the fuckin' thing and bury it what the gently caress.

Anyway, gently caress musk.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
elon out sucking the zuck is a pretty large feat

we just need that bezos weirdo to go buy tiktok

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

"sure we advertise on twitter but not on the part where people can freely engage in hate speech" - a thing that will never be said by any major corporation

it works for reddit, unfortunately

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Philthy posted:

elon out sucking the zuck is a pretty large feat

we just need that bezos weirdo to go buy tiktok

sorry, bezos is boring and just doing what other billionaires do: buying a sports team

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
When he appeared on Star Trek mentioning plans for a jet engine it was obvious even to me he played more than one role and was eager to present himself as something he wasn't. I feel sorry for him but he treats ppl badly so whatever.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
4chan still has advertisers. idk how lucrative they are tho

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Terebus posted:

Horseshoe of making GBS threads on musk aqusition has morphed into a full circle. Its an ouroboros of shitposts and rerrible opinions all the way round.

It’s okay, Elon; some of your kids still pretend to like/acknowledge you

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Brother Tadger posted:

Listen, once you've tasted the pope you'll do anything to get back there for just another nibble. Anything.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

The Butcher posted:

How much for the n-word allowed tier, Elon? Just say the number. Any number.

*I prostrate myself at his feet, holding fistfuls of bills before me and offering them up*

Oh, you know the number.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Lemme guess, the all hate speech all the time tier is free bc free speech is free!!!! :usa:

No hate speech? $14.99/mo because it costs more to get the magic computer wizards to filter all the slurs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No he will gate the hate speech because that’s what’s scaring the advertisers

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Oh, forgot to add his stupid explanation that clarified jack poo poo:

quote:

Musk had previously said that it would be good for users to be able to "select which version of Twitter you want."

"The rating of the tweet itself could be self-selected, then modified by user feedback," he had added.

So like, I subjectively decide my tweet is rated R, but then if enough people decide, it get be reduced to a PG-13, or whatever?

Great job, Mr. Musk. Genius thinking as always.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 3, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh, forgot to add the stupid oversimplified explanation:

So like, I subjectively decide my tweet is rated R, but then if enough people decide, it get be reduced to a PG-13, or whatever?

more like "my n-word filled tweet is rated G until 50 people are forced to see it and rate it PG"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Look I know you think the current system is to unstable so we are allowing the users to decide on a whim to really clarify things

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Brother Tadger posted:

Maybe everyone involved in this is terrible, but at leads musk might finally rid the internet of the eternal hellhole that is twitter.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

there will almost certainly be a new twitter that will take the place of current twitter when elon runs it into the ground

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah Twitter as it was before was extremely basic. You can’t really kill that concept just change who runs it

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DrPossum posted:

those birds were no angels

lol

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm going to fire most of the staff while making the platform increasingly complicated.

A good plan by a smart man.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

He just has the worst ideas for the worst platform.

Lowtax must be looking up in disgust.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

THIS TWEET IS RATED NC-17
elon sucks lmao :metis:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

kazil posted:

more like "my n-word filled tweet is rated G until 50 people are forced to see it and rate it PG"

my post is rated "NC-17" for featuring the 'N' and 'C' words at least 17 times

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Convex posted:

my post is rated "NC-17" for featuring the 'N' and 'C' words at least 17 times

Strategically placing my one "gently caress" to still keep a PG-13

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can't really implement this idea if no one works at twitter anymore

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

kazil posted:

there will almost certainly be a new twitter that will take the place of current twitter when elon runs it into the ground

Yeah, no one else has tried to clone the SiMplE concept of twotter because it so easy and it will eadily be overtaken by this other platform that will appear out of nowhere.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

twitter is just going to become a game of who can sneak poo poo past the content filter and it will be scored by how many levels they can get though like "oh man, I got the n word all the way to PG-13 top that poo poo"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can't really implement this idea if no one works at twitter anymore

if elon is such a genius, why isn't he writing the code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

IBroughttheFunk posted:

The only people who will rate other people's tweets are bad actors brigading someone's account like reddit.

He'll then say he trained an AI for it and the AI will automatically sequester minorities, and it won't do jack poo poo for tweets that aren't in English