Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Sash! posted:

I think about that serration is only good for bread line EVERY TIME I TOUCH A SERRATED KNIFE.

Which is almost daily.

Except serration is great for tomatoes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Except serration is great for tomatoes too.

Sharpen your knives. A sharp knife will cut right through a tomato.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/wusthof-classic-santoku-knife-white/

This is what we cut tomatoes with in our house. Ours has a black handle though.

There's no way that Phantom Limb was shopping at any other store. He was definitely at Williams Sonoma.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I really love that art book it was worth the wait. My favorite is them poking fun at themselves when Blue Morpho was a background character for a bit.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
One of my favourite book details was when they described a cut scene from (I think) Twenty Minutes to Midnight where Doc has get some mcguffin from a pyramid. He gets stopped by two henchmen on the way in and goes on this huge rant about how busy he is and how doesn't have time for all this nonsense today and just strolls right past them.

There's a beat, and then one of the pyramid henchmen goes 'This is stupid. We're stupid,' and I can picture that entire scene with perfect clarity.

E: Had to go and look up the actual text from the book:

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 2, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, the ol' Indiana Jones.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
On a somewhat related note, I maintain that

"GIVE ME THE HAND OF OSIRIS!!"
"Give me head"

Is the single funniest exchange in the show and peak Rusty.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The whole tragedy of Rusty is that he's entirely sick of everything about this incredibly specifically ridiculous lifestyle but is absolutely unable to handle anything else.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

pablo gbscobar posted:

On a somewhat related note, I maintain that

"GIVE ME THE HAND OF OSIRIS!!"
"Give me head"

Is the single funniest exchange in the show and peak Rusty.

"You didn't just say that" :eek:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Escape From the House of Mummies cemented this as my favorite show, and Rusty as my favorite character on my favorite show.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Escape From the House of Mummies (Part 2) is actually kind of hit-or-miss, I think. I remember thinking it was incredible originally, but I didn't think it held up on a rewatch very well. The stuff with Dr. Venture and the Osiris cult is great ("I thought you said scalding hot voyle?") and all the crazy time-traveling stuff was fantastic, but the story about the shrinking contest just feels, I dunno, a little too generic sitcommy. Orpheus shrinking the furniture and then calling his daughter to see if she still had a dollhouse to put it in feels like about the least funny bit the show's ever done.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Phenotype posted:

Orpheus shrinking the furniture and then calling his daughter to see if she still had a dollhouse to put it in feels like about the least funny bit the show's ever done.

I think it's a sweet line that shows he cares about her, or tries to. He's also sweep up and distracted by the Triad that he cannot leave in the past. I do think it was supposed to be a joke originally.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Phenotype posted:

Escape From the House of Mummies (Part 2) is actually kind of hit-or-miss, I think. I remember thinking it was incredible originally, but I didn't think it held up on a rewatch very well. The stuff with Dr. Venture and the Osiris cult is great ("I thought you said scalding hot voyle?") and all the crazy time-traveling stuff was fantastic, but the story about the shrinking contest just feels, I dunno, a little too generic sitcommy. Orpheus shrinking the furniture and then calling his daughter to see if she still had a dollhouse to put it in feels like about the least funny bit the show's ever done.

I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION!!!

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I think the shrinking contest works well at showing what a self-absorbed dick Rusty is.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

SpiderLink posted:

I think the shrinking contest works well at showing what a self-absorbed dick Rusty is.

"Don't bother looking for the shrink ray your father built. You sold it to the albino and his tiny companion. Ta ta!"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Phenotype posted:

As a young buck who downloaded my episodes of Venture Bros, piecemeal, on Kazaa or Limewire in the mid-2000's, I have to admit that "Escape From the House of Mummies (Part 2)" confused me a little bit and I spent some time trying to find Part 1.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

As a young buck who downloaded my episodes of Venture Bros, piecemeal, on Kazaa or Limewire in the mid-2000's, I have to admit that "Escape From the House of Mummies (Part 2)" confused me a little bit and I spent some time trying to find Part 1.

I used to be up when it aired during the summer and vacations but it was usually too late during the active school year. I remember being upset seeing Part 2 almost a dozen times and not ever seeing part 1. I came to the conclusion it was banned.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is VB on Netflix or Hulu or anything now? If I just want to rewatch without loving around with bothering to have files or anything.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hulu and HBO Max.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If I recall correctly, they aired them on adultswim.com shortly after they aired on TV. I remember doing the same thing, though -- waited for the new episode and saw it was Part 2, and spent a while trying to figure out how I missed one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't believe nobody has pointed out that it's Escape To the House of Mummies

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Data Graham posted:

Can't believe nobody has pointed out that it's Escape To the House of Mummies
yeah, it is unknown what they are escaping from, but their destination is the House of Mummies

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, it is unknown what they are escaping from, but their destination is the House of Mummies

Time. They are clearly running from time. part 1 should be the finale.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was one of those people that fell for the joke on the commentary track for that episode where they said they made a Part 1 but hid it somewhere on the DVD.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Did they do commentary for season 6 and 7? I found a digital copy with commentary for 1-5 and i’m incredibly happy for it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TK-42-1 posted:

Did they do commentary for season 6 and 7? I found a digital copy with commentary for 1-5 and i’m incredibly happy for it.

They did. Its on the pysical blu-rays that I have. I haven't listened to them as often as I did the older ones, partly because my computer doesn't have a Blu-Ray disc reader.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Further office gossip continuing to report the VB movie survived the purge, but a friend promised he'd check in with one of the directors we worked with/worked on VB.

He talked a lot last night about how we survived because we're so shoe string that it wasn't worth it to cancel us. This tracks with friends who worked on VB and what I know of working at Titmouse, which is that the budgets are low and the pay tends to be on the lower end of the studio pool. Though WB is known to be the worst!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

Further office gossip continuing to report the VB movie survived the purge, but a friend promised he'd check in with one of the directors we worked with/worked on VB.

He talked a lot last night about how we survived because we're so shoe string that it wasn't worth it to cancel us. This tracks with friends who worked on VB and what I know of working at Titmouse, which is that the budgets are low and the pay tends to be on the lower end of the studio pool. Though WB is known to be the worst!

If anything that's just an indictment of other things about the company. I'm glad to hear it though :ohdear: It seems like VB has always managed to survive, but just barely.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We're right at the finish line now too. Just get this movie out and then can never do anything to hurt us ever again

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Happy Landfill posted:

If anything that's just an indictment of other things about the company. I'm glad to hear it though :ohdear: It seems like VB has always managed to survive, but just barely.

Living lives of quiet desperation is the Venture way. (Stuck in a Floyd hole!!!!!)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

No Dignity posted:

We're right at the finish line now too. Just get this movie out and then can never do anything to hurt us ever again

They could fund a big budget continuation and then poo poo can that for a tax break to spite us.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If they cancel the venture brothers movie then I am going to start arching the home improvement guy

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

QuarkJets posted:

If they cancel the venture brothers movie then I am going to start arching the home improvement guy

What does Wilson have to do with any of this??

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If they were to cancel a show for tax reasons, I felt Rick & Morty would be higher on the list than Venture Bros.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

deong posted:

What does Wilson have to do with any of this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2srK6zETw

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mraagvpeine posted:

If they were to cancel a show for tax reasons, I felt Rick & Morty would be higher on the list than Venture Bros.

That Zaslav guy would be strung up in a gas station Mussolini style if they canceled Rick and Morty. You saw what the fans did for sauce.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Cojawfee posted:

That Zaslav guy would be strung up in a gas station Mussolini style if they canceled Rick and Morty. You saw what the fans did for sauce.

I saw those fans poo poo their pants in anger while screaming at customer facing staff in McDonald'ses? They'll never amount to anything as competent as murderers

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Rick and Morty makes ridiculous money in merch, it's safe as houses.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cojawfee posted:

Which is why I kind of want to see it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah R&M makes too much money to be on the chopping block and I would imagine the legal stuff with the long term deal would make it impossible to stop production and shelve it for a tax writeoff.