Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

There is no fundamental difference between a self professed 'progressive' who voted for Biden and a self professed 'conservative' who voted for Walker. In both cases the only reason you are voting for a scrambled brain shithead is that they represent your party against someone even more ideologically opposed to you. Biden voters are the same as Walker voters.

Actually, no, Walker voters are better than Biden voters, because Walker doesn't have a five decades long legislative career opposing everything progressives claim to want while enabling a litany of horrible poo poo. Walker is just some football shithead who kept his abuse strictly personal while Biden made his abuse everyone's problem.

Herschel Walker voters have more personal integrity than progressives who voted for Joe Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the people i know who were very invested in Biden winning are generally well meaning but have very little understanding of systemic criticism, are usually too busy or anxious about politics to dive real deep into theory, and the lamestream media that they do pay attention to is all NYT / msnbc type Crap so they are very spooked. they aren’t pieces of poo poo they just don’t understand the immortal science and block their brain off to stuff outside their narrative. also they universally do not have any understanding of foreign policy in general. that’s a commonality i see 100%. so they have no real perspective on anything except the dark carnival of US politics. having something to compare our politics to goes a long way to being able to view things in some kind of context or with some distance so you aren’t as consumed by My Team Right Or Wrong and “there’s no possible alternative”

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Cerebral Bore posted:

where's the lie?

i always like it when i get my quotes edited like this because i like to imagine a cat in glasses fading in and out while talking in clips like he's in a 'previously on' segment

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

christmas boots posted:

This is still crazy to me. We had a high turnout primary just two months ago where she got over half the vote -- and it's a top two primary so all the candidates are on every ballot. Maybe it really has gotten that close but that's such a huge reversal in a fairly short time it's kind of hard to believe.

Honestly, I think Murray will make it across the finish line, but it is going to be a hilarious nail biter.

Nucleic Acids has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Nov 3, 2022

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nucleic Acids posted:

Honestly, I think Murray will make it across the finish line, but it is going to be a hilarious nail biter.

I don’t know if Kotek will make it though. If 538 gives a lead to Republican in a blue state, it usually isn’t a great sign.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Noob Saibot posted:

Also more right wingers would have been more inclined to get vaxxed

he literally got booed at his rally when he said the vaccines were good

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

christmas boots posted:

After months of right wing media fearmongering over vaccines in order to sabotage the pandemic response under a Democrat and sell snake oil.

The right wing media landscape probably looks pretty different if Trump won and a working vaccine makes him look strong

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Honestly, the Dems need to dehumanize Republicans like they've done to liberals / leftists. It's the only way to get the fucks like Manchin in line. When his voter base is calling him a traitor, only then will he forget about getting fat checks from coal barons. Also direct a lot of this poo poo at SCOTUS imho

I don't know how many times everyone else has to tell you that the democrats could be doing any of hundreds of things to better implement a progressive agenda and the real obstacle is that they do not want to implement the progressive agenda
Dem leadership could have dunked manchin and sinema into irrelevance at any point but chose not to because the party largely agrees with them

speaking of SCOTUS remember when we all get a month's warning that they were about to overturn roe vs wade and the SINGLE response that the democratic party managed at any level was to make it illegal to publicly confront justices, accomplished by giving more money to cops to protect them lmfao

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Nov 3, 2022

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

After months of right wing media fearmongering over vaccines in order to sabotage the pandemic response under a Democrat and sell snake oil.

The right wing media landscape probably looks pretty different if Trump won and a working vaccine makes him look strong

I tend to agree with this analysis but I could just as easily see it not. It's not that I don't think your logic's sound, it's that I've learned to never underestimate a chud's ability to be irrational.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I don't know how many times everyone else has to tell you

It's almost like they argue in bad faith

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I don't know how many times everyone else has to tell you that the democrats could be doing any of hundreds of things to better implement a progressive agenda and the real obstacle is that they do not want to implement the progressive agenda
Dem leadership could have dunked manchin and sinema into irrelevance at any point but chose not to because the party largely agrees with them

my favorite (well, ykwim) talking point is that they have to keep manchin and sinema on board because when it truly matters, then vote with the dems. from this we can conclude that none of the poo poo that they oppose (medicare, min wage, doing literally anything help the average american) doesn't matter to the dem leadership.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Brandon Proust posted:

my favorite (well, ykwim) talking point is that they have to keep manchin and sinema on board because when it truly matters, then vote with the dems. from this we can conclude that none of the poo poo that they oppose (medicare, min wage, doing literally anything help the average american) doesn't matter to the dem leadership.

While you aren't wrong, the argument goes that they have to keep them around in order to maintain control of the body, and thus things like committee chairs and whatnot.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Honestly, the Dems need to dehumanize Republicans like they've done to liberals / leftists. It's the only way to get the fucks like Manchin in line. When his voter base is calling him a traitor, only then will he forget about getting fat checks from coal barons. Also direct a lot of this poo poo at SCOTUS imho

uhhh yeah, okay, and just give up on bipartisanship?? are you smoking friggin crack or something????? we need joe biden because he's the only one who can reach across the aisles, which is why u need to shut up and VOTE!!!!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LastInLine posted:

I tend to agree with this analysis but I could just as easily see it not. It's not that I don't think your logic's sound, it's that I've learned to never underestimate a chud's ability to be irrational.

Oh yeah there'd still be the QAnon chunk of them who only like Trump because he's willing to give lip service to conspiracy theories, the Ben Garrison types who would just say Fauci is blackmailing him into saying the vaccine is good but if you decode the 15th letter in every tweet etc etc

But I think you'd have seen Tucker Carlson and that set say it's your patriotic duty to get the shot, especially if liberals were doubting it

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Nov 3, 2022

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
the nevada election oracle guy more-or-less saying stick a fork in the dems at this point and obama's big rally did absolutely nothing for them lol
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1588205676643262465?cxt=HHwWgoClqb6puIosAAAA

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

Yea but those are the real hicks

Suburban trump voters would have vaxxed up

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LastInLine posted:

While you aren't wrong, the argument goes that they have to keep them around in order to maintain control of the body, and thus things like committee chairs and whatnot.

Nah for a while they were saying Manchin is never the deciding vote, he only votes against democratic priorities when they will fail anyway, to trick all the morons in West Virginia, but he always votes party line when needed. They even had that Manchin Cycle meme to bring out as a thought terminating cliche anytime someone noticed he was blocking something

At least until he actually did kill all that stuff, then I stopped seeing the meme, weird

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Nah for a while they were saying Manchin is never the deciding vote, he only votes against democratic priorities when they will fail anyway, to trick all the morons in West Virginia, but he always votes party line when needed. They even had that Manchin Cycle meme to bring out as a thought terminating cliche anytime someone noticed he was blocking something

At least until he actually did kill all that stuff, then I stopped seeing the meme, weird

Liberals are just so loving stupid. I'd say this can't be real but of course I know the truth.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Apraxin posted:

the nevada election oracle guy more-or-less saying stick a fork in the dems at this point and obama's big rally did absolutely nothing for them lol
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1588205676643262465?cxt=HHwWgoClqb6puIosAAAA

red Nevada in 2024, you heard it here first folks

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

Would somebody be so kind as to walk me through this?

GOP chuds would have gotten more vaccinations under their president's vaccine

More significantly Dems would have continued taking COVID seriously, instead of going back to brunch and pretending COVID is over to keep the DNC lies going. With Biden in charge, they were equally as stupid and monstrous as the GOP voters they hate. Biden said he was going to beat the virus and open the economy, so they dutifully threw grandma into the pyre.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1540208469629861888

thermostat politics baby

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I do agree that the Dems ultimately probably had more to do with people no longer confiding at all in science with their stupid bullshit about everything solved and then throwing covid into the dustbin. But i dont know chuds are seriously anti-vaccine its been decades of this maybe some would of listened but overall i still think it would been a shitshow.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

More significantly Dems would have continued taking COVID seriously, instead of going back to brunch

:lmao: if you actually believe this

Americans are addicted to treats, both sides of the aisle

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

I love how these morons don't even pay attention to what they are posting. Is there a partisan effect to "consumer confidence?" Sure. But even the relatively meaningless trend lines for consumer confidence show that its lower than it was in 2016. Of course, "consumer confidence" isn't "material conditions." Things like median adjusted income are, and do I have news on that front...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lol some partisan bullshit is not material conditions.

are daily necessities way more loving expensive now than they were 6 mos ago?

yes

are the people in power aggressively attempting to address that in a way that helps regular people?

no

alright, then why the gently caress would they vote for the people in power. poo poo's not rocket science.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

what is the Y axis here lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

to throw out a wild guess i'd say that it's bullshit

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’m down to a measly 5 Confidences in that graph

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

red Nevada in 2024, you heard it here first folks

I think the more significant, yet related, trend is the hispanic vote going red in the southwest.

the gop has been courting them like crazy since before 2020 even, and dems & libs have shrugged it off as hispanics "voting against their interests" or calling them "low-info voters."

I was pointing out in dnd a year ago how the RNC was opening community centers in hispanic areas & holding free-pizza-and-register-to-vote nights & was mocked by the usual suspects for thinking that the browns would ever be stupid enough to vote for the people who put them into concentration camps at the border (not that they have a choice when it comes to the parties, lol).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

likely indexed to 100, where 100 is whatever base level of confidence people had the first time they gave this bullshit survey

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Do you have to be Hispanic to get the free pizza?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lol some partisan bullshit is not material conditions.

are daily necessities way more loving expensive now than they were 6 mos ago?

yes

are the people in power aggressively attempting to address that in a way that helps regular people?

no

alright, then why the gently caress would they vote for the people in power. poo poo's not rocket science.

we just need two more senators

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Willa Rogers posted:

I think the more significant, yet related, trend is the hispanic vote going red in the southwest.

the gop has been courting them like crazy since before 2020 even, and dems & libs have shrugged it off as hispanics "voting against their interests" or calling them "low-info voters."

I was pointing out in dnd a year ago how the RNC was opening community centers in hispanic areas & holding free-pizza-and-register-to-vote nights & was mocked by the usual suspects for thinking that the browns would ever be stupid enough to vote for the people who put them into concentration camps at the border (not that they have a choice when it comes to the parties, lol).

I know some Dems have made claims like increased Hispanic immigration is in their electoral interests but how much has the party overall actively pursued it as a way to win elections?

Coolness Averted posted:

Biden's pledge to reopen within 100 days of taking office and sending all the kids back to the plague pits for the last weeks of the school year killed and maimed people.
If trump had made the same pledge democrat governors would have kept schools closed to spite him instead of gleefully culling.

Thanks, I often miss details of USA domestic politics.

Honestly, the Dems need to be destroyed.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

It just gets repeated with every demographic.

First Dems laugh off GOP attempts to court a group right out from under them because it can't work, they know the Republicans hate them, they're not going to vote against their own interests! We don't even have to try to get their votes, they have to vote against the Republicans

Until the day they get fed up enough with the Dems that Republicans win big, and Dems instantly write them off as too stupid to even try to appeal to because what can you do with morons who voted against their own interests.

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

do democrats understand that the whole 'denying elections' and 'muh democracy' stuff is kinda weird coming from folks that denied the 2016 election for half a decade?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

the gop has been courting them like crazy since before 2020 even, and dems & libs have shrugged it off as hispanics "voting against their interests"

This has long been a pet peeve of mine. Even if you really believe it, you don't say out loud "you idiots would vote for us if you just understood your actual needs and wants." There's no faster way to make someone hate you than to tell them you understand their lives better than they do.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Euronymous posted:

do democrats understand that the whole 'denying elections' and 'muh democracy' stuff is kinda weird coming from folks that denied the 2016 election for half a decade?

they were doing that before 2016 too, everyone assumed Hillary was going to win lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Euronymous posted:

no but if you're unlucky enough to say that within earshot of one you'll get an hours-long lesson in why that's different

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I like how Thomas Frank's book "Listen, Liberal" includes Bill Clinton's infamous quote on the working class, "They have nowhere else to go!"

when the book was republished after the 2016 election, Frank added a new chapter at the end, called "The Day They Found Somewhere Else To Go"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Euronymous posted:

lets assume the average voter doesn't know this what exactly have the dems done and offered to protect our farce of a democracy