Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jerusalem posted:

Witcher 3 with 404 hours..... BUT.......

275 hours in Hitman 1
320 hours in Hitman 2
206 hours in Hitman 3 (soon to be blown out even further by the addition of Freelancer mode)

So 800+ hours across the Hitman trilogy.... I really like to hit mans, okay! :shobon:

^ Jesus and I thought my amount with Witcher was bad, lemme guess... Gwent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

zoux posted:

What's your guyses record most played Steam game.
:rip:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deakul posted:

^ Jesus and I thought my amount with Witcher was bad, lemme guess... Gwent?

I did play a shitload of Gwent, one of the only card games I've ever enjoyed, for sure. But mostly because after completing the game I threw myself immediately back into New Game+ so I could do EVERYTHING all over again with the benefit of knowing how to accomplish everything perfectly. I just fell into the world of the game fully, it was amazing.

:stare:

I feel less bad about Witcher 3 now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

:rip: indeed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
lol wtf is going on here

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Sininu posted:

How did you get so many hours in Horizon?

Replayed it just before the sequel came out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

What's your guyses record most played Steam game.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It's interesting the big gap between most single player and the absurd number of hours some have in multiplayer games. You can see why companies want to chase those numbers even if most games don't reach those heights. That hasn't been my bag since the QW/Q2 era though I'm sure my playtime numbers in those would've been absurd (I played RL with voice coms off so it barely felt like multiplayer).

My #1 game is Skyrim if you add up the two entries, but Rimworld is gonna pass it soon (I'm deep in playing Biotech atm).

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

DRG is fun. None of the dlc matters it's all skin packs for your dwarfs and/or guns. Buying the game once gets all the actual gameplay content. You can get plenty of cool outfits ingame as well
It does have a progression system though so I guess you can't play random endgame missions with goons without first shooting enough bugs to level up and unlock all the gun upgrades and stuff? idk. The community is really positive/chill and nontoxic though so just playing with randoms works out fine

I don’t mind that at all if I can get my feet wet solo/bots to learn the game, but I’ve been playing games with random goons for a couple of decades and we always seem to carve out our own content in pretty much any online anything!

Good to know about the content, though…I hate reaching my “mad money” budget for games already on the third of the month, but I’ve been salivating over DRG for a while and it’s discounted pretty great right now! And it’s not a multi-day-download (LTE home internet) to boot! Going to Steam App buy/remote download right now!

Edit:
It’s downloading upstairs; hope to try it out later tonight!

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 3, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The Inaugural Vampire Survivors award

https://twitter.com/thexpaw/status/1588278212605669376

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Elden Ring wins this through the sheer fact that you can now play the game of the year "on the go" on steam deck.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Yeah, when posting on my phone I respond in-line, so sometimes questions are answered that I haven’t read yet (especially in a moving thread!).

What about Deep Rock Galactic? It’s exactly in my November game budget, and I know it has lots of goontivity and good vibes…if I literally can’t afford any dlc but really like the price right now, will I be hampered trying to join up without any yet? I can live without cosmetics (at least for 28 days :carol:).

Between this and VT2, my pandemic was full of 4p co-op good times. DRG is great

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I've been on a Factorio bender lately, trying to do Space Exploration now. I haven't played TF2 in like a decade but it's still my #2 game (mainly due to the idle for items thing)

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I wasted a lot of time being bad at dota. To be fair that's spread over like 9 years or whatever.

The Good Queen Clitoris fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 3, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Waste of Breath posted:

Elden Ring wins this through the sheer fact that you can now play the game of the year "on the go" on steam deck.

I guess I don’t even know - can a game win multiple Steam Awards categories in one year? If so ER might win at least three.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jerusalem posted:

I did play a shitload of Gwent, one of the only card games I've ever enjoyed, for sure. But mostly because after completing the game I threw myself immediately back into New Game+ so I could do EVERYTHING all over again with the benefit of knowing how to accomplish everything perfectly. I just fell into the world of the game fully, it was amazing.

God drat, I really wanted to start NG+ but then life got in the way and suddenly it's been like 3 or 4 years later, still the best game that I've ever played with two insanely high quality expansions.

Now I'm just waiting to upgrade my PC so that I can replay it maxed out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm actually shocked at how low my team fortress 2 hours are, only 105 and change. i could've sworn that was my every waking moment 15 years ago but apparently i have more time in even vermintide 1 than it

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i'm actually shocked at how low my team fortress 2 hours are, only 105 and change. i could've sworn that was my every waking moment 15 years ago but apparently i have more time in even vermintide 1 than it

I think when Orange Box came out Steam didn't record hours? I may be wrong but I played HL 2 when OB came out and I don't have any hours recorded on Steam.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Waste of Breath posted:

Call me crazy but I feel like the a deck is exactly why the new category was added

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

I think when Orange Box came out Steam didn't record hours? I may be wrong but I played HL 2 when OB came out and I don't have any hours recorded on Steam.

oh that'd actually explain some other things then too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why do i have a copy of "lego the ninjago movie videogame"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Yeah I don't think it started recording hours until '08 or '09

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Follow up question, how many games do you have in your Steam library? I'm currently at 319.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the time racks up fast when a game becomes your go-to for killing half an hour

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah all my cs:s and tf2 and hl2:dm hours were thankfully never logged. bless you gabe.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Follow up question, how many games do you have in your Steam library? I'm currently at 319.

580 and i bet you less than 100 of them have actually gotten played

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

784 hours into Arma 3 and I still have played maybe 5 hrs of single player campaign

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cowcaster posted:

i have that too. presumably some bundle along the way.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Cowcaster posted:

it was free once

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i am going to put 1500 hours of playtime into "lego the ninjago movie videogame"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

This is roughly how long it took me to make the LP of this game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So how was the cultivation simulator

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

zoux posted:

I give it 1440 out of 10.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nyaa posted:

god like...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Liz Truss was PM for 45 days so if you have 1080 hours in any game you played it longer than her tenure.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cowcaster posted:

i am going to put 1500 hours of playtime into "lego the ninjago movie videogame"

I am going to format my drives and install the barest minimal possible programs to where my computer is only able to play “Lego The Ninjago Movie Videogame” in some bare metal kiosk mode. At least now you will all not have to put up with my dumb rear end because I will now devote 24/7 to the the “Lego The Ninjago Movie Videogame” and stop shitposting.

After Deep Rock Galactic and Vermintide II finish downloading, I mean…

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

zoux posted:

I'll say it so you don't think everyone missed it amazing

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nyaa posted:

do you get nervous entering a bedroom from a north facing door or seeing wooden furniture in a brick building?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Squiggle posted:

I'll say it so you don't think everyone missed it amazing

I'm sick of being the straight man around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

do you get nervous entering a bedroom from a north facing door or seeing wooden furniture in a brick building?

Some guy ssethtzeen (not correct name but close) did a review of this game and I laughed so hard I almost stroked out. Really dug his sense of humor; he reminded me of like, I dunno, an adult JeffK.