Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

Shinobu hypberloom only works when you are getting in melee range of enemies with bloom cores nearby so that's a big drawback. That feels a bit too convoluted to pull off reliably unless you have anemo suction and can reliably keep the reactions going. Without anemo suction I find that first generating bloom cores and then triggering them against enemies that move around or spawn spread out is too finicky to bother with.

Mihoyo broke their rule of not hiding chests in boss rooms. That was the one area we didn't have to worry about combing over. :argh: Beneath the jadeplume terrorshroom
idk... Nahida Xingqiu Yelan Kuki does not feel convoluted when I play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

idk... Nahida Xingqiu Yelan Kuki does not feel convoluted when I play it.

Sucks against the drat shrooms, tho, you really want a vacuum against those annoying little assholes

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
are there any vacuum / gathering CC characters who aren't anemo?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

are there any vacuum / gathering CC characters who aren't anemo?

Yelan, sort of. Her skill can launch smaller enemies towards each other a bit when it hits.

Also I've been running Nahida/Yelan/XQ/Raiden and it's really good.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Quicken and hyperbloom chains make the game barf numbers all over your screen just as blinding as overvapes

Does anyone know what the green numbers mean? :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Regarding character quests, the problem I see is that the characters are for the most part written to be extremely static and the quests are written to be NPCs going "hey, did you know that this character is like this and always has been? crazy, I know!" The good quests are the ones where they allow the characters to react strongly to things they care about, but that is few and far between.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a reason why they changed the sumeru desert material from redcrest to henna berry?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The localization team likes the sound of the new name better, duh

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Scara looks like everything I could want out of an anemo carry. Much better to have someone that can both benefit from and enable many different types of elemental teammates, rather than Xiao's "green physical." That being the case, I've spent so much time in the TC pits that I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up on 4 VV in most of his (good) teams.

But I'm still extremely tempted to farm up a 4 piece Wanderer's Troupe lmao

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Scara looks like everything I could want out of an anemo carry. Much better to have someone that can both benefit from and enable many different types of elemental teammates, rather than Xiao's "green physical." That being the case, I've spent so much time in the TC pits that I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up on 4 VV in most of his (good) teams.

But I'm still extremely tempted to farm up a 4 piece Wanderer's Troupe lmao

i personally can’t wait to make a shitpost plunge build with him

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MNSNTZR posted:

i personally can’t wait to make a shitpost plunge build with him

Finally vindication for the plunge attack faction at HYV.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Took a second peek at Faruzan's stuff and she actually looks really good too. Scara might be better off in teams where he has 1 self-sufficient different element off-field subdps + 1 different different element healer/shielder + (VV?) Faru, something like Scara/Faru/Xingqiu/Bennett, or Fischl/Kokomi, Layla/Xingqiu, etc. There's a lot of stuff going on here tbh, good stuff.

One thing that's absolutely true for sure though, is that having to farm artifacts that release in the same patch as their character SUCKS! And I don't wanna do it again :(

MajorBonnet posted:

Finally vindication for the plunge attack faction at HYV.

The Hoyoverse Plungers already pulled a massive win by making the most versatile support in the game do plunge attacks during his skill for no reason. They don't deserve anything more.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Heizou gorou and the fun diona ending are good. The rest are pretty boring. I still do them all during content lulls tho.

Chongyun's is probably my very least favorite.

Chongyuns is definitely the worst one for me too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So much work needs to be done to make Hangouts better

Calm/passive characters like Chongyun, Sayu, Kujou Sara or Xingqiu need to be in groups so they have someone to bounce off of. If Fischl gets a Hangout and Klee just shows up? Best character in the game, crown stolen from Kazuha and Xiangling.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Kale posted:

Chongyuns is definitely the worst one for me too.

all this chongyun slander…

chongyun’s hangout is admittedly hard-carried by it boiling down to you and xingqiu loving with him for the millionth time

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i should be able to force feed my characters their favorite snacks to make them love me faster

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Stare-Out posted:

Also I've been running Nahida/Yelan/XQ/Raiden and it's really good.

I've tried a few variations on this team with different electro triggers. Kuki does the job just fine, the team has monstrous damage output with her there, and the healing makes things go smoothly. Kuki can also hit dendro cores that drop off of giant enemies like Azhdaha, which other electro characters will miss.

The other off-fieled options are Raiden and Yae. Also, electro MC, I guess, maybe I'll test that just for the hell of it. Raiden's kit doesn't make sense with an EM build, but she can still makes everyone's burst hit harder just by being there. Yae is the interesting option. Her turrets do decent damage with an EM build, and she can tag team enemies with Nahida to guarantee constant damage output to everything vaguely close to the fight. At level 81 she feels like she's churning out better damage than my Kuki at 90.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I feel like Nahida and Yelan can tear through 99% of poo poo as a duo. Alone, they're already ridiculously strong, but together their damage and effective range are just insane.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Where does the milk come from in Teyvat when there's no cows anywhere?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Varka took all the cows when he took all the horses.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

goats

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Is there a large bump in the drop rate for 5* artifacts if you do the level >80 domains? I’m trying to get my two last pieces for Nahida and haven’t rolled anything higher than 4* in the five-ish attempts I ran on the lvl 70ish version last night (which shows as having 5* on the drop table).

I don’t particularly feel like grinding xp books and materials for ascending past 70 yet but I also don’t want to waste my time trying to repeatedly highroll artifacts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Max level artifact domains guarantee at least one 5* artifact. Don't ever do non-max if you can help it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

But there's a cow on the bottle!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

But there's a cow on the bottle!

:aaaaa:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why would you put Fatui goons in this lead-up to the boss, there's no recommended elements warning!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, I know.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Maxwell Adams posted:

Raiden's kit doesn't make sense with an EM build, but she can still makes everyone's burst hit harder just by being there.

It doesn't as a whole, but her skill is the most perfect hyperbloom trigger in the game. AoE electro app that spawns on top of the enemy with effectively infinite range, triggering slightly more than once per second and lasting longer than the longest rotation. It's ridiculous. I'd pull for a unit whose kit consisted of just that part of her kit, if only to be able to use normal Raiden somewhere else.

So far my favorite hyperbloom in terms of comfiness+power is Kokomi(onfield)/Nahida/Raiden/whatever anemo best fits the situation. Apparently in terms of raw power the best is Nahida(onfield)/Xingqiu/Yelan/Raiden but honestly it kinda seems like in that team you'd just die lol. Maybe Nahida(onfield)/Xingqiu/Raiden/Kokomi is a good compromise.

Huh, didn't notice before she launched but the point of hydro teammates extending Nahida's burst seems to be so she can fit her burst into rotations more comfortably. Neat.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Sumpter beasts and cocogoats

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait the hangouts aren't VN dating friend chillin type things?

That blows

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I got the Bulbasaur archon last night. My only water guy is Barbara despite many many attempts to roll for any other cool water guy. Should I just level up Barbara? My only high level characters are Xingling, Beidou, Ningguang, Sucrose, and Chongyun. Nahida feels like a boon I don’t know what to do with.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lt. Cock posted:

I got the Bulbasaur archon last night. My only water guy is Barbara despite many many attempts to roll for any other cool water guy. Should I just level up Barbara? My only high level characters are Xingling, Beidou, Ningguang, Sucrose, and Chongyun. Nahida feels like a boon I don’t know what to do with.

Many such lightnings

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lt. Cock posted:

Barbara is a perfectly decent healer (and when you get to inazuma and can access the clam artifacts she adds some decent damage from off field too), and a) its not a bad idea to have a more-or-less levelled character of each element handy, b) you dont have any other levelled healers (or shielders, I remember running teams with no healers or shielders and I went through so many roast chickens in boss fights), and c) you are going to level everyone eventually anyway, so dont sweat levelling the "wrong" characters. You're either low enough level that levelling the character to par takes an amount of resources that will in retrospect feel trivial by the end game, or you're high enough level that taking a mediocre character to 70 isnt a big deal because you gotta fight SOMETHING to get your 10 boss fights for the battle pass every week, might as well make it the fire thingy amber needs to ascend this week.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Nyoro posted:

That blows

Hangouts only really pull out combat for plot reasons, like the only fight you have in the chongyun hangout is down one optional dialogue branch where some hilichurl peons get drawn to a lingering spoopiness. By and large they're VN dialogue exercises with heart meters (sometimes important, sometimes not) and some surprisingly branching paths.

Even the ones that are just "yep, this character's deal is what you thought it was" will at least draw out some nuances, which can be helpful to define some unique points about the original cast as we get more and more playable characters.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nyoro posted:

That blows

Hangouts are a VN where you have to rewind and go through every possible choice and also there's some hidden things you have to wiki. Also the bulk of them are Inazuma-era writing on top of that.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Mailer posted:

Hangouts are a VN where you have to rewind and go through every possible choice and also there's some hidden things you have to wiki. Also the bulk of them are Inazuma-era writing on top of that.

The newer ones are definitely better than the first batch which are mostly super lame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lt. Cock posted:

Nahida really wants electro or nilou to pop off. Do you own a keqing or fischl?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lt. Cock posted:

beidou + nahida + electro MC + sucrose is a good solid team that will murderize badguys real good. juist make sure to let beidou pick up electro mc's energy powerups since she needs tons of juice to keep bursting

problem with electro MC is that unlike every other flavor of MC powers it's plot-locked since you can't get to japan early without doing the main story quests

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

beidou + nahida + electro MC + sucrose is a good solid team that will murderize badguys real good. juist make sure to let beidou pick up electro mc's energy powerups since she needs tons of juice to keep bursting

problem with electro MC is that unlike every other flavor of MC powers it's plot-locked since you can't get to japan early without doing the main story quests

turns out you can if you're willing to do hours of painstaking glitch abuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sLA4lL7epc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

meanwhile I have a never used Yae, so I may as well level her and roll a team of Nana, Yae, Kazuha, and Fish I guess :shobon: