Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

This has long been a pet peeve of mine. Even if you really believe it, you don't say out loud "you idiots would vote for us if you just understood your actual needs and wants." There's no faster way to make someone hate you than to tell them you understand their lives better than they do.

I'm not sure they even deigned anything beyond assume that any nonwhite person would do anything other than vote for the democrats. the dems telling latino voters they know what's best for them is a level of regard above what the dems have for any constituent who isn't a coastal property owner with a postgrad degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

I think the more significant, yet related, trend is the hispanic vote going red in the southwest.

the gop has been courting them like crazy since before 2020 even, and dems & libs have shrugged it off as hispanics "voting against their interests" or calling them "low-info voters."

I was pointing out in dnd a year ago how the RNC was opening community centers in hispanic areas & holding free-pizza-and-register-to-vote nights & was mocked by the usual suspects for thinking that the browns would ever be stupid enough to vote for the people who put them into concentration camps at the border (not that they have a choice when it comes to the parties, lol).

it doesn't help that the "interests" in this case are immigration policies, which:
- doesn't really affect the voting population unless they have undocumented relatives and even then it's easy to just be like gently caress you got mine you should've done it right, and
- the democrats have not actually addressed in any way beyond making a lot of noise about the immigrant concentration camps right up until they got into power when they suddenly became friendly neighborhood detention centers

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Willa Rogers posted:

I think the more significant, yet related, trend is the hispanic vote going red in the southwest.

the gop has been courting them like crazy since before 2020 even, and dems & libs have shrugged it off as hispanics "voting against their interests" or calling them "low-info voters."

I was pointing out in dnd a year ago how the RNC was opening community centers in hispanic areas & holding free-pizza-and-register-to-vote nights & was mocked by the usual suspects for thinking that the browns would ever be stupid enough to vote for the people who put them into concentration camps at the border (not that they have a choice when it comes to the parties, lol).
https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/1588184130755661824?cxt=HHwWgMDU-azDroosAAAA

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

HallelujahLee posted:

lets assume the average voter doesn't know this what exactly have the dems done and offered to protect our farce of a democracy

They convinced the intelligence agencies to use blm/rainbow flags against trump

Your $15k yr slave wage job with no benefits doesn’t matter now

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I like how Thomas Frank's book "Listen, Liberal" includes Bill Clinton's infamous quote on the working class, "They have nowhere else to go!"

when the book was republished after the 2016 election, Frank added a new chapter at the end, called "The Day They Found Somewhere Else To Go"

I read this edition of the book in like 2017 and its eerie how good it is

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

I know some Dems have made claims like increased Hispanic immigration is in their electoral interests but how much has the party overall actively pursued it as a way to win elections?

no, the democrats just assume that they're owed the votes of all minorities everywhere

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Euronymous posted:

do democrats understand that the whole 'denying elections' and 'muh democracy' stuff is kinda weird coming from folks that denied the 2016 election for half a decade?

no, bc they have the institutional memory of gnats.

ELECTION DENIALISM IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Weka posted:

I know some Dems have made claims like increased Hispanic immigration is in their electoral interests but how much has the party overall actively pursued it as a way to win elections?

dems have only actively pursued it thru the lib lenses of "all they care about is immigration, bc they once had family members immigrate," when hispanic voters care about the same things that other voters care about.

This has long been a pet peeve of mine. Even if you really believe it, you don't say out loud "you idiots would vote for us if you just understood your actual needs and wants." There's no faster way to make someone hate you than to tell them you understand their lives better than they do.

"voting against their interests," "self-hating minorities" and "low-info voters" are all disgusting & patronizing phrases.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dems keep thinking latinos are a monolithic bloc and they 100% are not

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

there have been so many of these stories, but I haven't seen this one yet so thx.

HallelujahLee posted:

they also think that the only conservative latinos are older cubans, who are rapidly dying out as a voting force.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Its weird to assume that racial solidarity exists in the first place, much less that its some immutable force. Many Hispanics believe the path to acceptability lies in throwing others under the bus for not following the rules, even if the rules are unjust and arbitrary and they personally suffered from them.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
If only they were upper-middle class college educated whites, the only virtuous group of voters.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

If only they were upper-middle class college educated whites, the only virtuous group of voters.

Upper middle class college educated whites also believe the path to respectability lies in throwing others under the bus for not following the rules, *especially* if the rules are unjust and arbitrary and they personally suffered from them.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ah yes the progressive left

who simultaneously are have no power in the democrat party but also are the dominant force guiding the party's agenda

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Euronymous posted:

do democrats understand that the whole 'denying elections' and 'muh democracy' stuff is kinda weird coming from folks that denied the 2016 election for half a decade?

Don't forget blatantly rigging the 2020 primaries! I know I haven't!

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't forget that the Dems believe that the 2000 and 2004 elections were stolen as well. 2004 is especially funny since Diebold voting machines went from obvious tools of Republican cheating that should be banned, to infallible instruments of democracy and if you question their security you are doing a treason.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

HallelujahLee posted:

They've never called a Nicaraguan a Mexican and it shows.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The 2000 election was literally stolen though, in a manner so flagrant that calling it a conspiracy is giving the theft too much credit. Mainstream dems almost immediately shut up about it and accepted it, legitimizing outright political fraud. Meanwhile in 2016 they threw a shitfit over foreigners not using the proper channels for dark money campaigning and cast doubt on the entire electoral process despite four years of investigations never yielding any evidence of vote tampering. Then in 2020 voting was the most secure ever and it was not only absurd but seditious to suggest voting might be compromised.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tbf the 2000 election was blatantly stolen by the judicial branch

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Tbf the 2000 election was blatantly stolen by the judicial branch

In close collaboration with Republican election officials in FL.

The Supreme Court has never particularly been a valid institution but that was the moment it became completely compromised, and nothing will ever reverse that.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

They've never called a Nicaraguan a Mexican and it shows.

i dont think they ever spoken to them beyond yelling VOTE

i vaguely recall weird shenanigans in the 2004 election as well maybe not as pronounced as the 2000 steal i might be confusing both at this point though its been too many years

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HallelujahLee posted:

i vaguely recall weird shenanigans in the 2004 election as well maybe not as pronounced as the 2000 steal i might be confusing both at this point though its been too many years

The 2004 Ohio exit polls badly missed and a ton of people were convinced that the Diebold voting machines (owned by a rnc donor) were rigged

Easily the funniest stolen election theory was that lady in Wisconsin who magically came up with the perfect number to get walker elected, except she was really was an incompetent idiot with no internet who turned the votes in days late

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

in 2004 they had first gen diebold machines

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jeb Bush being governor of the state that handed George Bush the victory under extremely controversial circumstances and everyone just brushing it off as a weird coincidence but no reason to question the legitimacy of our political institutions will never not be funny.

Facebook ads being bought by anonymous money from questionable sources *not* organized under section 527 of the tax code though? Clear evidence of unforgiveable election fraud!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lmao at poo poo like this , totally memory holed

On January 6, 2005, Senator Barbara Boxer of California joined Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones of Ohio in filing a congressional objection to the certification of Ohio's Electoral College votes due to alleged irregularities including disqualification of provisional ballots, alleged misallocation of voting machines, and disproportionally long waits in poor and predominantly African-American communities.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

The 2004 Ohio exit polls badly missed and a ton of people were convinced that the Diebold voting machines (owned by a rnc donor) were rigged

Easily the funniest stolen election theory was that lady in Wisconsin who magically came up with the perfect number to get walker elected, except she was really was an incompetent idiot with no internet who turned the votes in days late

Real hurthling! posted:

in 2004 they had first gen diebold machines

thanks for clearing that up

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 00:24 on Nov 4, 2022

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ok that was then and this is now

stop trying to distract from the fact that this is the most important election ever

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

that guy also announced that he would do everything he could to elect dubya

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

joepinetree posted:

I love how these morons don't even pay attention to what they are posting. Is there a partisan effect to "consumer confidence?" Sure. But even the relatively meaningless trend lines for consumer confidence show that its lower than it was in 2016. Of course, "consumer confidence" isn't "material conditions." Things like median adjusted income are, and do I have news on that front...

this guy in particular was posting through it earlier in the year and was trying to be the twitter main character of the day. i’ll have to dig up his greatest hits in a bit, but i was trying to find a/the graph that just shows that it’s team sports; literal red team vs blue team garbage.

e: this was the graph i was trying to find

Phone has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Nov 4, 2022

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ah, but the difference is that 2016 was actually illegitimate vs 2020 which was legitimate

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

HallelujahLee posted:

ive always loved this. there's something beautiful in the logic of:

latinos won't vote for republicans who are racist, they'll be forced to vote for dems who understand and relate to them as regular people of a homogenous ethnic & cultural background and also it's Latinx

the way dems manage to be racist at the technocratic level is really something to behold

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ive always loved this. there's something beautiful in the logic of:

latinos won't vote for republicans who are racist, they'll be forced to vote for dems who understand and relate to them as regular people of a homogenous ethnic & cultural background and also it's Latinx

the way dems manage to be racist at the technocratic level is really something to behold

they are incredibly stupid and racist and it pisses off people even more because on top of that their smug about it

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Democrats have two modes: lecturing that this is the Most Important Election Of Our Lifetime (tm, all rights reserved) and condescending to people who should be in their coalition.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Based on my interactions on jobsites with Latinos from all of South and Central America, I can tell you what they want as a group. Give them this and you will win forever: more beer money, more weed money, more money to chase women, more time to grill and watch sports.

That's also the exact same thing white and black construction workers want. Wonder what the common thread between the groups and their wants are...

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Based on my interactions on jobsites with Latinos from all of South and Central America, I can tell you what they want as a group. Give them this and you will win forever: more beer money, more weed money, more money to chase women, more time to grill and watch sports.

That's also the exact same thing white and black construction workers want. Wonder what the common thread between the groups and their wants are...

Hmm. Thats the platform Lula won with, and we all know he was a corrupt communist who hates Ukraine, so its probably pure evil or something.

No, we're running on tax credits for small business owners this cycle

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Dixon Chisholm posted:

sickening machismo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I loving hate these pieces, Latino's aren't a monolith, even if they may be moving in similar directions, The idiotic conclusion is always "we gotta get more conservative" and never once considers addressing straightforward material concerns that are routinely mentioned.