Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

Make sure you're eating all the apples you get from the house, it's a shitload of stamina. Then maybe use an auto clicker on a PC because manually exploring 60k+ stamina is murdering my thumbs even at 12 stamina per tap

E. If one of you is Koshmar in-game thank you for the ciders!

And if you smash a few into whispering creek you can get more cider. It's only one orange per.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah i think the philosophy is to unsell your stuff if you gained no real benefit from selling it.

The dude that accidentally opened thousands of Large Chest 1 got several GMs from the gems so they didnt unsell his chests.

I have accidentally thrown a 10th thing into the well before and gotten the gold back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

I have accidentally thrown a 10th thing into the well before and gotten the gold back.

I've done that a few times and I just chalk it up to an idiot tax lol

Made really good progress today though!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Atoramos posted:

drat, after selling all my orbs and opening my bags for stones, I'm still 25b short of the 100b storehouse upgrade. I have 1.5mil stamina, but churning it all into nets is taking forever (I've long since chugged my cider). This is still the best way to get silver for stam, right?

9b left and it's Halloween Night, I've managed to grind just 200k stamina, 1.3mil left.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Made it to 97.25 exploring started out at 76 exploring before the event started.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

I've done that a few times and I just chalk it up to an idiot tax lol

Made really good progress today though!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Made it to 97.25 exploring started out at 76 exploring before the event started.

You've got a few more hours until the Haunted House and bonus' go away

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

MarcusSA posted:

That's around where I realized how many clicks it got per level and went "ah gently caress it" and used an auto-clicker.

I ended up making ~99b total from the event. In the end, my wood/straw couldn't keep up with my stamina to make enough nets. Giveaways chat tossed me enough to push me up to the 100b mark for the Storehouse upgrade. Guess I'll start climbing the tower until my AK runs out, and then dump the rest into level 7 pets/start saving for the 100b crop row?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

quote:

- In the Farm Supply the Savings Accounts III, IV and V perks have been buffed to increase the max amount of silver gained from interest nightly. If you already have them, the effect will start tonight at reset
- If you don't already have them, these perks are on sale for a few days, as noted at the Farm Supply

Still not terribly interested but it did make me go look in the bank and realize I’ve accumulated a bit more that 2b silver since april.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rafikki posted:

Still not terribly interested but it did make me go look in the bank and realize I’ve accumulated a bit more that 2b silver since april.

Yeah, still not worth it. Interesting that the amounts you now get are different but the cost (at least off sale) is the same.

You can get more than half the bank (88m out of 160m cap) benefit for 500 gold. The other 74m is going to cost you 1300 gold. So if you made an argument for getting anything it’d be to buy the Savings Account V for 500 and be done.

Considering I get 8m per LN at pirate cove, that means Savings Account V at sale price of 400 gold for 80m nightly income gives me roughly the equivalent of 10 extra LN daily for 400 gold. That same 400 gold could buy me 6000 LN (or more) in trade chat. So the breakeven is 600 days, which is definitely not worth it.

On the other hand, I could use 400 gold to buy 150 inventory space. That’s 150 antlers = ~10 more LN daily (with resource saver), plus the other huge benefits of more inventory space (more orchard, more space for sawmill and mastery, etc). And if you haven’t purchased as much inventory as I have the equation is even better.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yeah, I did the math in chat earlier, and if you wanted to by just the three perks that have been buffed and are on sale, it would still take ~1600 days to break even with what you could have gotten by exchanging that gold for Large Nets instead. The perks are still garbage, do not buy.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, still not worth it. Interesting that the amounts you now get are different but the cost (at least off sale) is the same.

You can get more than half the bank (88m out of 160m cap) benefit for 500 gold. The other 74m is going to cost you 1300 gold. So if you made an argument for getting anything it’d be to buy the Savings Account V for 500 and be done.

Considering I get 8m per LN at pirate cove, that means Savings Account V at sale price of 400 gold for 80m nightly income gives me roughly the equivalent of 10 extra LN daily for 400 gold. That same 400 gold could buy me 6000 LN (or more) in trade chat. So the breakeven is 600 days, which is definitely not worth it.

On the other hand, I could use 400 gold to buy 150 inventory space. That’s 150 antlers = ~10 more LN daily (with resource saver), plus the other huge benefits of more inventory space (more orchard, more space for sawmill and mastery, etc). And if you haven’t purchased as much inventory as I have the equation is even better.

I am SO glad people here like doing the maths for the rest of us :hfive:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

They put in another orchard farm supply for 500g giving another 1k trees

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

God drat lol.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

MarcusSA posted:

God drat lol.

Between that and the tower 110 reward I now almost max my inventory again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

Between that and the tower 110 reward I now almost max my inventory again.

What is your inventory?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

Cool that just cost 13.5bn but I guess I have 5000 of each fruit coming in every day now.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

MarcusSA posted:

What is your inventory?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

monkeytennis posted:

Cool that just cost 13.5bn but I guess I have 5000 of each fruit coming in every day now.

technically like 6500 if you've got the perks but who's counting at that point

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that's a lot of glass orb grinding

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ghostlight posted:

I'd pay for a glass orb tree orchard, that'd be nice.

Or just a production building but that seems less cool.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, every couple of days I go drop farm up a round of orbs, unpolished shimmer stone, and emberstone to keep me supplied for a while.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone done the math on if using apples to craft ciders + the Neigh Neigh meal is more net stamina than just eating the apples?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It‘s less RSI.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone done the math on if using apples to craft ciders + the Neigh Neigh meal is more net stamina than just eating the apples?

e: nvm, i follow, blame being sick.

Neigh-Neigh gives you 35% less stam consumption from ciders for 5 mins. A cider is 40 apples, which is worth 600 stam; a cider (assuming you have all relevant perks) is around 825 stamina. The 35% discount, depending on if it adds to the existing 33% discount or is applied as a second multiplier, is worth either 289 stam per cider or 425 stam per cider.

So, either way you'd get more stam from eating the apples, but you'll hate yourself a lot less using ciders.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 3, 2022

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
My in game name is Snide

I got this thinking it was going to be stupid. At first I was totally put off everything was text based. Cut-to, my eyes glued open and I’m clicking like a fiend at 2am , my 11pm bed time ruined and I can’t put the drat phone down.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TBF it is really stupid but stupid in the right ways that make my brain go lizard.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
40 Langstaff Crests

:eyepop:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

TFW you’re a fuckin dumbass and didn’t read what expeditions cost and think they’re free but limited to 24h total and suddenly realize when you have 0 expeditions and can’t afford a 1 hour expedition that they fuckin cost gold.

:smith:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ineptitude posted:

40 Langstaff Crests

:eyepop:

Lol I had 17 and ten minutes AP drinking found another 3. Going to be a grind.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

lmao I just went through 500 ACs with neigh neigh and the other boost on and got 4

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

What level unlocks the cartilage replacement in my left thumb?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

My in game name is Snide

I got this thinking it was going to be stupid. At first I was totally put off everything was text based. Cut-to, my eyes glued open and I’m clicking like a fiend at 2am , my 11pm bed time ruined and I can’t put the drat phone down.

Make your mailbox larger.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I just had to get the stupid frog and macaw to level 6 to advance and now I need to do the stupid snake. At least focusing on mushrooms for bows is giving me a break from all the corn.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Kalman posted:

e: nvm, i follow, blame being sick.

Neigh-Neigh gives you 35% less stam consumption from ciders for 5 mins. A cider is 40 apples, which is worth 600 stam; a cider (assuming you have all relevant perks) is around 825 stamina. The 35% discount, depending on if it adds to the existing 33% discount or is applied as a second multiplier, is worth either 289 stam per cider or 425 stam per cider.

So, either way you'd get more stam from eating the apples, but you'll hate yourself a lot less using ciders.

The buffs last 5 minutes. I always assumed they are a net gain, if you spam ciders/ap during the period.
There‘s an old Discord post where someone had a closer look at all ingredients.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've finally figured out why everyone was complaining about a golden potato. Guess my mushroom farming is getting put on hold for a while.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Completed the 40 Langstaff Crests thing.

Guess what they want next?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Fhqwhgads posted:

I've finally figured out why everyone was complaining about a golden potato. Guess my mushroom farming is getting put on hold for a while.

I got this without even realizing it growing potatoes to give to Holger for his recipe, but I'm having awful luck with the watermelons and pieces of heart. 8k or so and no pieces yet, and I can't even gift the stupid watermelons.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Has anyone completed Bright Horseshoe VI, the chain ins't on buddy farm yet and this step is asking for 300 lemonade and oj, which is a bit of an ask. Just curious what the rest of the chain is.

I'm kind of annoyed that this chain gave me 300 Orange Gecko's and is now asking for them back.

koshmar fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

Has anyone completed Bright Horseshoe VI, the chain ins't on buddy farm yet and this step is asking for 300 lemonade and oj, which is a bit of an ask. Just curious what the rest of the chain is.

I'm kind of annoyed that this chain gave be 300 Orange Gecko's and is now asking for them back.

That’s the last part of it I think. I completed it earlier and haven’t had another part to do.

Which is a good job given I need ANOTHER 40 crests.