Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lol of course, nobody cares about this crap.

“I don't mind about the war. That's one of things I like to watch. If it's a war going on, 'cause then I know if our side's winning, if our side's losing…”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

how have we already strayed off topic?!

It's called maskirovka

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

how have we already strayed off topic?!

oh what like you've never dm'd a horny dnd mansion party, get off your high worg

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
there weren't even any orgies at my horny mansion party, it was all just heavy inebriation and and some sad dad necromancy in the basement

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My current D&D game revolves around the rights of artificially constructed people and the responsibilities of their creators with the underlying question of do all people deserve a cultural homeland at any cost. Its pretty good.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

My current D&D game revolves around the rights of artificially constructed people and the responsibilities of their creators with the underlying question of do all people deserve a cultural homeland at any cost. Its pretty good.

oh word like that every episode of star trek tng featuring data

e: sorry i dont mean to rip on your campaign that was rude / petty. i'm sure it's very good. but how horny is it

speng31b has issued a correction as of 02:28 on Nov 4, 2022

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Nix Panicus posted:

sounds like boring nerd poo poo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

there weren't even any orgies at my horny mansion party, it was all just heavy inebriation and and some sad dad necromancy in the basement

I would have thought the dads would have been happy after being brought back from the dead, I guess they wanted to stay that way.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

Even if Russia withdraws to the other bank and cedes Kherson city, likely gonna be a lot of sitting around staring at one another across obnoxious natural and manmade onstacles and firing artillery.

Yes but "winning the battle of Kherson" is a big morale booster for the troops to get them through the depths of winter, and a selling point to the west that sending billions more in aid in money well didn't

Also, sadly, super helps for the English speaking world/media that westerners can actually pronounce the name of that city without a long uncomfortable pause, followed by butchering the pronunciation, unlike most of the regions and cities in that area. "Battle for Kherson" is the international military story version of "missing white woman"; it's, again, sadly, relatable and memorable enough to tune in because the average person can wrap their head around recapturing an occupied city with a memorable name

Somebody somewhere is already writing a movie screenplay designed for Tom Hanks and Matt Damon to win an Oscar in 2024 about the upcoming battle

Hadlock has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Nov 4, 2022

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Ardennes posted:

I would have thought the dads would have been happy after being brought back from the dead, I guess they wanted to stay that way.

nah the dad was using horny mansion to find victims for reassembling his dead kid or something

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

If Minsk 2 had been upheld thousands of Ukrainians wouldn't be dead, thousands of Russians wouldn't be dead and Europe wouldn't be in danger of freezing while going broke. The war is going to end with a pen and paper eventually but the money had to get its' way. loving poo poo sucks. Our leaders are monsters.

euros love warring eachother for mostly no benefit, they love that crap

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

it's true, I do

speng31b
May 8, 2010

another day, another russia still shelling its own nuclear plant article lol

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/3/kyiv-says-zaporizhzhia-plant-off-grid-as-russia-strikes-again

at this point the IAEA's gotta be just completely over this whole situation

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Lessail posted:

sounds like boring nerd poo poo

We just invaded a factory in a massive battle involving dozens of allies and then murdered the poo poo out of a political rival trying to escape a devastated city after a magic 9/11

And now we're spending like two sessions on boring nerd poo poo talking about the political ramifications and the potential betrayal of a dubious ally

speng31b posted:

oh word like that every episode of star trek tng featuring data

e: sorry i dont mean to rip on your campaign that was rude / petty. i'm sure it's very good. but how horny is it

If I had to pick a star trek is DS9, because we've advanced our political cause through plausibly deniable murder pretty frequently

Not very horny during session, weirdly horny after session but they keep it to themselves

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

Can confirm

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

We just invaded a factory in a massive battle involving dozens of allies and then murdered the poo poo out of a political rival trying to escape a devastated city after a magic 9/11

And now we're spending like two sessions on boring nerd poo poo talking about the political ramifications and the potential betrayal of a dubious ally

If I had to pick a star trek is DS9, because we've advanced our political cause through plausibly deniable murder pretty frequently

Not very horny during session, weirdly horny after session but they keep it to themselves

Does your world have gods
how do the gods feel about the usurpation of their divine provenance?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

9/11s, magic or not, are man-made

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The gods are metaphors that don't do personal interventions

We do have a church faction that believes endless war is a necessary engine to generate heroes who can then be sacrificed to defend the world from eldritch threats though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

The gods are metaphors that don't do personal interventions

We do have a church faction that believes endless war is a necessary engine to generate heroes who can then be sacrificed to defend the world from eldritch threats though.

That's neat, like if Thomas Carlyle started a church

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Here are some good posts from last thread, or other old threads before Ukraine got its own thread I remember:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Let's Go Brandonetsk!

eXXon posted:

RIP Geralt of Kryvyi Rih, Gwynbleidd.

Other posts were also good but I can’t remember them, so if yours were missed I’m sure they were good too.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
ladybug

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I think it's bad when large powerful countries invade weaker countries and kill people and drop bombs on them and stuff. Have felt that way for a long time TBH.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so you support the Confederacy in the us civil war.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

speng31b posted:

you're running d&d seshs at wild mansion parties with horny creeps? this entire scenario isnt making sense in my head

sounds more like vampire: the masquerade tbh

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

i voted bat because while all these bugs are very powerful, only the bat has the potential to be a real live vampire in disguise

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think people who start wars should be made to serve on the front lines in them
and if that were the case we'd have far fewer wars

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

euphronius posted:

so you support the Confederacy in the us civil war.

I do. People flying sonnenrads and wolfsangels have given me the courage to take back the battle flag.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Meow Tse-tung posted:

i voted bat because while all these bugs are very powerful, only the bat has the potential to be a real live vampire in disguise

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Centipede gang sends its regards.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hadlock posted:

Somebody somewhere is already writing a movie screenplay designed for Tom Hanks and Matt Damon to win an Oscar in 2024 about the upcoming battle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PncCa_fnZKs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Starting a D&D campaign about defending fantasy not-Ukraine from an invasion by magical not-Russia

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Majorian posted:

I know, it's so unlike us!

i don't remember you using this many exclamation points before you turned into a modperson :thunk:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Starting a D&D campaign about defending fantasy not-Ukraine from an invasion by magical not-Russia

I was looking at twilight 2000 for awhile but it seems kind of morbid after this year

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gravid Topiary posted:

i don't remember you using this many exclamation points before you turned into a modperson :thunk:

I'm just excited to have my favorite thread back.:allears:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bees individually are weak, but a hive of bees working together could take a dragon I think. Just sting inside its mouth a lot. Or maybe its allergic like that kid in My Girl.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

Bees individually are weak, but a hive of bees working together could take a dragon I think. Just sting inside its mouth a lot. Or maybe its allergic like that kid in My Girl.

the stinging isn't even their strength
it's how they can all lay on wasps and vibrate until they get hot enough to kill wasps

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Gravid Topiary posted:

effective leadership often requires compromise with people who are wrong

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I'm just excited to have my favorite thread back.:allears:

i was gonna post something mean but i decided to be nice instead. 11 pages of beautiful discourse

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I'm glad we finally got the flying bug poll, but holy poo poo why was OK Baizou permabanned??

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it's actually the cardinal because it's the only thing in the poll that can excommunicate someone and drat them to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I'm glad we finally got the flying bug poll, but holy poo poo why was OK Baizou permabanned??

the admins are stupid as gently caress, OP.