Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I'm glad we finally got the flying bug poll, but holy poo poo why was OK Baizou permabanned??

every ban or permaban from one side of the forums war had to be met with a ban or permaban from the other side of the forums war to avoid accusations of bias and impropriety

this naturally resulted in both sides coming together on things such as "don't post gore", "don't cheerlead genocides and human rights violations", and "this site is not run by genocide apologists"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mlmp08 posted:

Even if Russia withdraws to the other bank and cedes Kherson city, likely gonna be a lot of sitting around staring at one another across obnoxious natural and manmade onstacles and firing artillery.

Don't worry, I received this sneak preview of Zelensky in Kherson this winter:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

The GURPS historical books are annoyingly well researched and written for a game not intended for anyone to play.

Correct. No-one should actually play GURPS

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

5e sucks btw. AD&D 2e is GOATed

Birthright was the best setting D&D ever produced, so yes

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

every ban or permaban from one side of the forums war had to be met with a ban or permaban from the other side of the forums war to avoid accusations of bias and impropriety

this naturally resulted in both sides coming together on things such as "don't post gore", "don't cheerlead genocides and human rights violations", and "this site is not run by genocide apologists"

The balanced permabans thing is so funny. Fair and balanced, as all things must be.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Correct. No-one should actually play GURPS

Gurps is good, actually

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I was looking at twilight 2000 for awhile but it seems kind of morbid after this year

Never check out the various facebook groups for it, loaded with people who lust for dead Russians or well anyone that isn't the directly controlled by Free Leauge

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Anyway I haven't been keeping track and I'm certainly not going to start reading QCS so please just go ahead and release all CSPAM political prisoners
OK baizuo
the white hand
sexpig by night

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm glad we finally got the flying bug poll, but holy poo poo why was OK Baizou permabanned??

His previous account was really bad.

Let's keep meta discussion to a minimum for now, though!

\/\/\/lol\/\/\/

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

RIP OK Baizou, thought of the Ghost of Kyiv and died

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gurps is good, actually

Disagree. GURPS is a good set of sourcebooks and ways to quantize things, its a miserable game system to actually play outside of the core 3d6 mechanic

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Don't worry, I received this sneak preview of Zelensky in Kherson this winter:

you know what happens to the character of Boromir...right? also Tolkien wrote that they were only able to retake osgiliath because Boromir was an idiot who fell for a feint attack to distract from what was going on in the main plot. The whole point of that thing was to show that Boromir was a shortsighted dumbass focused on hollow self important victories and not the important stuff

anyways, yeah, good metaphor lol

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Gurps is good, actually

I mean, not really, as a a system. It's good as the material origin of deeply researched sourcebooks, but the GURPS system itself was never good, not for doing the D&D knockoff it was originally designed for, certainly not for any of the high concept settings it accured... It's never the best system for anything, but it might the only system for some things.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Waiting on Siembieda's RIFTS: Orcs vs. Cossacks

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Tolkien is a loving idiot. Boromir is 100% right, they SHOULD use the ring to save people and make the world a better place

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Calibanibal posted:

Tolkien is a loving idiot. Boromir is 100% right, they SHOULD use the ring to save people and make the world a better place

:hmmorks:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

speng31b posted:

you know what happens to the character of Boromir...right? also Tolkien wrote that they were only able to retake osgiliath because Boromir was an idiot who fell for a feint attack to distract from what was going on in the main plot. The whole point of that thing was to show that Boromir was a shortsighted dumbass focused on hollow self important victories and not the important stuff

Agree 100%

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1588182399736844290

omg you guys - Ukraine is negging Russia!!!:3:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

dril tweet

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My impression of the QCS thread was that certain people were singled out as targets of moral outrage, and all I can suggest is to post as calmly and cleanly as you can, and assume the worst faith reading of anything you write.

So, stay above the fray and don’t engage with people pushing the Huns’ monstrosities in Brave Little Belgium.

If they want to say the Boche uses Belgian babies for bayonet practice or crucified a Belgian soldier to a barn, don’t mock it, don’t “deny” it, just realize that’s the narrative, put it in context and carry on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

My impression of the QCS thread was that certain people were singled out as targets of moral outrage, and all I can suggest is to post as calmly and cleanly as you can, and assume the worst faith reading of anything you write.

So, stay above the fray and don’t engage with people pushing the Huns’ monstrosities in Brave Little Belgium.

If they want to say the Boche uses Belgian babies for bayonet practice or crucified a Belgian soldier to a barn, don’t mock it, don’t “deny” it, just realize that’s the narrative, put it in context and carry on.

Welp, so it goes. Was a good thread while it lasted for the many very productive discussions it produced, but all things end.

Still waiting to get the Mons Myth delivered (still stuck on physical books).

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Welp, so it goes. Was a good thread while it lasted for the many very productive discussions it produced, but all things end.

Still waiting to get the Mons Myth delivered (still stuck on physical books).

It’s a great book, and I feel you, I have quite a few out there somewhere in the world, and it’s a nice surprise when they arrive.

I believe this is supposed to be us, funnily enough.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
rare mid air dab

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/An_3/status/1588360965803737089

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

For the love of God, shut up about other forums. Majorian tried asking nice, I'm not asking.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This is the behavior of The Good Guys.:hmmyes:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

please elon save us from all of these bots

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

the wood cuts look like poo poo with the big punch logo printed over them.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

https://twitter.com/OlgaDiem/status/1587805643125231618

seems familiar somehow, but i can't place it

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Majorian posted:

indistinguishable from early trump era pepe guys. a few years from now the dogs will be crude cartoons and they'll be posting about zewwinshyy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Shadowrun: NAFO Sourcebook

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i read da op and the last bad quote is weird to pick out. too much irreverence? too much sounding like conspiracy nut? but its basically factually true, its the exact incentive structure that happened in the US were people tried to maximize economic activity prior to covid restrictions. in short, kidnapping ftw

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This what that infinite CIA black budget pays for, Christ Alive

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1587887677721804800

the good guys

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

i read da op and the last bad quote is weird to pick out. too much irreverence? too much sounding like conspiracy nut? but its basically factually true, its the exact incentive structure that happened in the US were people tried to maximize economic activity prior to covid restrictions. in short, kidnapping ftw

you're not allowed to blame those in power for what they've done, op

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I fortunately have literally not even read GBS in at least a year so my excellent posting will remain immune from all purges :yayclod:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

speng31b posted:

the orcs . . . the orcs did a feint?!!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

the orcs . . . the orcs did a feint?!!

no the orcs are idiots. It was Sauron doing the brain thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

stop DMing for bust rodd