Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Thanks for everyone’s responses. I’ve been playing very casually for quite a while and just started to hit a wall where just using my favorite guys together isn’t working anymore. I was browsing some replies to this thread and realizing just how much I’ve been brute forcing things because I didn’t pay attention to how the mechanics work.

No Wave posted:

Nahida really wants electro or nilou to pop off. Do you own a keqing or fischl?

I did get Keqing actually while trying to get Nilou. I haven’t used her because I already had Beidou. My intuitive sense that two of the same element on the same team wouldn’t be good seems to be wrong the more I look into team building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lt. Cock posted:

Thanks for everyone’s responses. I’ve been playing very casually for quite a while and just started to hit a wall where just using my favorite guys together isn’t working anymore. I was browsing some replies to this thread and realizing just how much I’ve been brute forcing things because I didn’t pay attention to how the mechanics work.

I did get Keqing actually while trying to get Nilou. I haven’t used her because I already had Beidou. My intuitive sense that two of the same element on the same team wouldn’t be good seems to be wrong the more I look into team building.

Yeah each of the elements gets buffs for multiples in your party

heres a list of em.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

new question: is all 4 geo gimmick team still actually a thing or not because it does sound hilarious

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ All Geo team with Itto is quite good. One of my strongest teams (but my Itto is very strong, my only C2 5* that isn't standard banner).

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you don't finish the gimmick mechanic in time the cube revives and heals itself and you have to either try again or run out of aggro range to reset it and change parties.
If you have no dendro then yeah it will just revive forever.

Not forever; it dies after like 3 or 4 times. The first time I fought it without a dendro (or electro for that matter) and worried I'd be stuck fighting it indefinitely.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Nyoro posted:

new question: is all 4 geo gimmick team still actually a thing or not because it does sound hilarious

itto+gorou+albedo+zhongli mono geo is honestly one of my favorite teams to use :shrug:

i run wonky teams all the time and mono geo is the least silly of them, it’s fun

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

Not forever; it dies after like 3 or 4 times. The first time I fought it without a dendro (or electro for that matter) and worried I'd be stuck fighting it indefinitely.

When does it die? I'm pretty sure I tested it, putting it in the kill phase >5 times. It does respawn each time with less HP, but I found it stopped at around 15%

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

When does it die? I'm pretty sure I tested it, putting it in the kill phase >5 times. It does respawn each time with less HP, but I found it stopped at around 15%

It may have been more than 3 or 4, but it definitely died after a while. As you mention, the bar decreased each time. I don't think it was more than 5 or 6, but I was close to giving up when it finally died.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hyperbloom is pretty dumb huh. My raiden only had like 287 EM and still had the fastest clear I ever had on magyu.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
All Geo isn't necessarily a meme, but given that there's a support Geo that buffs defense (Gorou), a support Geo who's off field damage scales off of defense (Albedo), and the best shielder in the game to guarantee uptime on shield of Geo resonance is also Geo (Zhongli, who also provides additional Geo res shred), it's pretty easy to put together an all Geo team with the primary damage dealer also scaling off the defense (Itto or Noelle).

It's an absolute shame that Ningguang doesn't scale off defense too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

Hyperbloom is pretty dumb huh. My raiden only had like 287 EM and still had the fastest clear I ever had on magyu.

PRETTY DUMB FUN

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Nyoro posted:

Yeah each of the elements gets buffs for multiples in your party

heres a list of em.

That list is out of date for hydro, which instead now has a max HP buff

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It'll be interesting to see what the next Geo character is like. They haven't run out of ideas for interesting Anemo or Cryo kits, but they never really figured out how to make Geo not feel like either a neutral or totally insular element. The next one could tell us whether they're continuing that or have figured out some new direction.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

It'll be interesting to see what the next Geo character is like. They haven't run out of ideas for interesting Anemo or Cryo kits, but they never really figured out how to make Geo not feel like either a neutral or totally insular element. The next one could tell us whether they're continuing that or have figured out some new direction.
I for one would love to see some customised crystallise reactions. For example where the crystallise reaction with pyro instead creates a stationary flame gem thats also a geo construct. Overlaps a bit with bloom, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There are zero geo units hinted at for the entirety of 3.x. The only potential 4 stars I know of post-faruzan are yaoyao and mika (dendro, cryo). Maybe they'll sneak one in for propriety's sake but its pretty awkward yeah.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

if we had to cut one element from the game, what would we cut?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Nyoro posted:

if we had to cut one element from the game, what would we cut?

physical

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gooood damnnnn my Nahida is only level 59 and she's still ripping out throats

dendro rocks!!!!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nyoro posted:

gooood damnnnn my Nahida is only level 59 and she's still ripping out throats

dendro rocks!!!!

Yup, this was why I was willing to hold my guarantee for a month and pass on Kokomi and literally all the 3.1 banners: with the other dendro supports being so dire, I knew Nahida being even half of good as she ended up being would make her a lynchpin of the meta for a good long time.

Helps I totally lucked into Kuki on standard earlier, I suppose.

On a random compliment to hoyo, I especially like that Nahida's camera is way less finicky than the Fayz Trial one: just hold, sweep, and release. Very controller friendly.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm convinced the artifact system is more evil than the gacha. With the gacha, you just have to be patient and prepared to pass on any characters you're not absolutely in love with, but finding the vaunted on-set electro damage cup for Keqing, then levelling it up and watching it roll DEF, ER, DEF is actual torture. It's a crime against humanity, and I expect to see the designers behind it at The Hague.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm convinced the artifact system is more evil than the gacha. With the gacha, you just have to be patient and prepared to pass on any characters you're not absolutely in love with, but finding the vaunted on-set electro damage cup for Keqing, then levelling it up and watching it roll DEF, ER, DEF is actual torture. It's a crime against humanity, and I expect to see the designers behind it at The Hague.

:hmmyes:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

honestly im surprised we haven't gotten anything that lets us reroll or upgrade stats on artifacts yet considering how many other gachas that have artifact systems have those kind of QoL upgrades already

loving DISLYTE has the ability to upgrade/reroll artifacts already, for gently caress's sake :psyduck:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I asked a li'l bit back what I should roll for with my extra rolls - I ended up getting TWO whole Nahidas, so I guess I'm on this train until it stops. I have moderate odds of getting her unique weapon before the end of the patch, so let's hope!

As far as I can tell, my best hope for a team for her is a Hyperbloom with Kokomi, Raiden, and ???

Ideally, the fourth slot would not be Zhongli, as cool as he is - I just feel like mixing it up. Maybe... Childe? Anybody have any thoughts, am I wrong about Hyperbloo being the True Path, etc.

(Of note: Fischl is NOT C6, only C5.)

I hope I'm not being overbearing, my natural reaction when faced with a plethora of options is to turn to whoever's around and say "Hey, what do you guys think?"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'd probably take Collei for resonance and to get a bow on the team. Tartaglia works too I guess. Less useful resonance but more blooms.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do we c6 Bennet yet in 2023?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I hope the answer is yes, because that exclamation mark drove me nuts after 2 minutes

Need ideas for teams that use Cyno, as it's been an entire patch and I haven't even incentivized scarab farming yet

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Unless you are running him in a Eula comp then yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyoro posted:

4 geo team is pretty good, though its mostly enabled by gorou. the most common structure is itto/gorou/zhongli/albedo. yunjin and geo mc can also sub in, usually for albedo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

benny c6 was never that bad , it only locks him out of a couple comps people barely use him in anyway, and there's a couple comps it actually helps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

I sure did

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Since I won the 50-50 on Nahida, I'm sorely tempted to take the 50-50 on her C1 too, but I should probably just let it go, right? The only upcoming 5-stars I'm interested in are Dehya and Baizhu, who are supposed to be ages away, and I'll have Raiden locked down either way, but Ayaka and Kazuha could make a surprise appearance any time, and I don't want to risk losing one of them over a constellation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dehyas only a couple months away tbh

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

I hope the answer is yes, because that exclamation mark drove me nuts after 2 minutes

I sometimes use him with Eula but also gave up two minutes after seeing that mark

Been meaning to level kuki anyway

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

only cowards dont c6 their bennet

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

FractalSandwich posted:

Since I won the 50-50 on Nahida, I'm sorely tempted to take the 50-50 on her C1 too, but I should probably just let it go, right? The only upcoming 5-stars I'm interested in are Dehya and Baizhu, who are supposed to be ages away, and I'll have Raiden locked down either way, but Ayaka and Kazuha could make a surprise appearance any time, and I don't want to risk losing one of them over a constellation.
I tried taking a chance on 50-50 for a constellation but got a different C1 child instead, at least now I have a guaranteed I can save for Dehya I guess.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Are you interested in the 4 stars or their constellations? I want some Nahida cons, but the 4 stars on this banner make getting them painful. I also can't even crown her talents for a few months, and that's assuming I don't find someone else I like more.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

c2 is the money constellation for Nahida
c1 isn't worth passing on upcoming characters / top tier reruns like Raiden imo

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Are you interested in the 4 stars or their constellations? I want some Nahida cons, but the 4 stars on this banner make getting them painful. I also can't even crown her talents for a few months, and that's assuming I don't find someone else I like more.
Not at all. These 4-stars really do suck, otherwise I'd be much more keen on the idea. I did throw some more wishes at it just to see if I got lucky, and got Razor, Razor, Razor, Sac GS, which was amusing, at least.

I think at this point my plan is to let it go, take a 1-in-3 on Layla next banner, and bail out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
as someone who has everyone and knows a whale, extra constellations is never ever worth for 5 stars.

We even went over it with post-Nahida, Hyberbloom is overtuned to the point that rolling for "Meta" makes no sense unless you face anti-Dendro enemies.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna be real, the ending of these Archon and Nahida quests is kinda still hitting me a while after the fact, feeling some real Link's Awakening vibes here. Listenin' to a whole bunch of Ballad of the Windfish remixes and its got me all wistful and nostalgic and junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

as someone who has everyone and knows a whale, extra constellations is never ever worth for 5 stars.

We even went over it with post-Nahida, Hyberbloom is overtuned to the point that rolling for "Meta" makes no sense unless you face anti-Dendro enemies.

Wow, you have all the 5 stars? Impressed. I have 5 constellations on banner 5 stars total. Looking back objectively, I think only one of them was worth another character. If I could pick and choose who they went to, I probably wouldn't pick them again.

FractalSandwich posted:

Not at all. These 4-stars really do suck, otherwise I'd be much more keen on the idea. I did throw some more wishes at it just to see if I got lucky, and got Razor, Razor, Razor, Sac GS, which was amusing, at least.

I think at this point my plan is to let it go, take a 1-in-3 on Layla next banner, and bail out.

My plan is to roll for the new 4 stars and if I get spooked by the new characters, cool. My teams are strong enough that there's nothing that the game throws at me that I need any of the new 5 stars.