Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
How do his other companies exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Zugzwang posted:

Very carefully

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Zugzwang posted:

Despite him

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

Government subsidies

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

Employees know what they are signing up for and they think rockets and electric cars are cool.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

smackfu posted:

Employees know what they are signing up for

Lol

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Social media is saturating and imploding, which is absolutely fine by me. But it's going to make people with dying platforms like Zuck do some dumb stuff to try and define the next wave of social media hype, and he's put all of his eggs in the AR/VR basket. I don't think Musk had a plan beyond "get them to stop making fun of me for losing my wife to a chick and then offering horses for HJs". I guess Zuck at least had a plan, even if it sucks.

You say "but" as if it's not also hilarious that Zuckerberg is going down the drain with his VR Roblox poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beartaco posted:

You say "but" as if it's not also hilarious that Zuckerberg is going down the drain with his VR Roblox poo poo.

This one is soo good. Its a billionare wasting it on a sled nobody else wants

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

GUYS what if there was a real twitterverse. We have partnered with the master behind Star Citizen Chris Roberts to make this a reality!

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Jet Jaguar posted:

Reminder. He's been at this A WEEK.

This is hilarious, you would think a trainwreck of such proportions would take at least a few months. This is what I get for doubting the genius of Elon.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i wonder if he's furiously googling how to save a company

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Philthy posted:

i wonder if he's furiously googling how to save a company

No way, he has baby mommas for that

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So someone is just gonna make a twitter clone the moment all this poo poo burns to the ground right? And then it's business as usual.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

So someone is just gonna make a twitter clone the moment all this poo poo burns to the ground right? And then it's business as usual.

If Facebook doesn’t use this as an opportunity to move all of the politicians and celebrities back to their platform then the Zuck is even stupider than I thought.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
General Bullshit > Elon Musk:

kazil posted:

Please check your spam folder to find the "you're fired" email

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Zugzwang posted:

SpaceX: by virtue of him not actually being in charge on day to day operations, that’s what Gwynne Shotwell does
Tesla: lol lmao

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

spunkshui posted:

If Facebook doesn’t use this as an opportunity to move all of the politicians and celebrities back to their platform then the Zuck is even stupider than I thought.

He’s too busy figuring out how legs work in VR

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon must be under such tremendous pressure. I hope he is setting aside time to look after his mental health. Burnout is no joke and can affect anybody.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

spunkshui posted:

He'll lure them with the promise of free Horizon bucks.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Based Elon is cratering Twitter and folks...... It rules

I thought it would take him like 6 months, but he's doing it in a week. simply outstanding efficiency, can't complain about CEO salaries now.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
When he dissolved the board Palpatine style I was thinking "this is gonna be good, dude has ideas and they're bad enough he knows they'll be opposed" and well, it's been glorious.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Zugzwang posted:

I mean this is basically why Twitter won't explode, as much as I pray to Allah every day all day that the great Angel Azra'il take it, because when you're rich poo poo can just work out despite you because you literally have banks and the US government and idiotic stans constantly holding your dick so you don't get it caught in your zipper. Elon gets a ton of money from idiots, Government subsidies and tax breaks, and just gaming the system without any consequences.

My honest-to-god gut feeling is this isn't so much about destroying Twitter but just disrupting the flow of information just enough in an attempt to help get right wingers in control of the government. I don't even think this is a conspiratorial thing to think because we've had a few members of Congress threaten people and corporations to help ensure the sale and then when an advertiser threatened to pull funding for reasons of self-interest. He clearly will either benefit with them in power or thinks he will, or has been straight up told he will. The banks are on the hook here and clearly they don't give a poo poo how dumb Elon is, which is telling.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Elon Musk is so lonely he has to findom cuck himself.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

remember rahul ligma :911:

pouring one out for him tonight, sure to be unemployed tomorrow

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Bad Purchase posted:

remember rahul ligma :911:

pouring one out for him tonight, sure to be unemployed tomorrow

LIGMA! JOHNSON! LIGMA! JOHNSON!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

LIGMA! JOHNSON! LIGMA! JOHNSON!

Ligma Johnson 2024

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

thin blue whine posted:

I mean this is basically why Twitter won't explode, as much as I pray to Allah every day all day that the great Angel Azra'il take it, because when you're rich poo poo can just work out despite you because you literally have banks and the US government and idiotic stans constantly holding your dick so you don't get it caught in your zipper. Elon gets a ton of money from idiots, Government subsidies and tax breaks, and just gaming the system without any consequences.
Even without all the outside help, the problem is that he has such an ungodly amount of money that he can just keep stoking the furnace with wheelbarrows full of hundreds until he gets bored, despite the service losing users, operating at a massive loss and somehow turning into even more of a dumpster fire than it already was.

See: meta

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1588348186699403264?s=46&t=MYFrNn0X4Eh0ZMuJDMpRKg

That’ll stop them Elon.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

King Carnivore posted:

Even without all the outside help, the problem is that he has such an ungodly amount of money that he can just keep stoking the furnace with wheelbarrows full of hundreds until he gets bored, despite the service losing users, operating at a massive loss and somehow turning into even more of a dumpster fire than it already was.

Does he he though? Like as far as I know most of his wealth is tied in shares pf Tesla and SpaceX and not to lesser extent twitter. Having Billions tied up in the share price of two companies makes the money pretty non-liquid.

Particularly when Tesla shares seems to be vastly overpriced compared to it's profits. There's a very good reason he didn't just go straight up and buy Twitter with cash even though he was getting garbage terms on the loan.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh yeah they're CLAMBORING to get into the building. They all want ligma Johnson crew are planning to poo poo on musk's mud machine

They're busting down the doors to demand musk keeps them employed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 4, 2022

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Its amazing seeing everything spin this wildly out of control. You have people on twitter who do sardonic zingers at idiot techbro decisions like David Gerard posting nonstop as everything gets worse for Elon every 30 minutes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elon is going to Lizz truss Speedrun Twitter into oblivion, lose 44Bil and complain that 'Yeah I go rid of all the bots it was 80% of twitters users'

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"Can I at least go get my potted plant from my desk? I'll leave all the pens, I promise."

"...No. It's his now."

"whaps baton into hand*

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I love that normal dumb exec ideals don't make it out of the conference rooms but everyone is running to leak everything he says. Its great and anything to tear down the "Elon starks" mythos.

Wensey
Aug 13, 2007
How are things all looking around here in terms of accepting old timer Twitter refugees

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Which one of us will finally get Lowtax his blue checkmark?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Wensey posted:

How are things all looking around here in terms of accepting old timer Twitter refugees

unban getfiscal and let the king return to his throne

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Elon Tusk

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
hahaha oh boy, ye being back and

and whatever the gently caress is gonna happen with day-after go-live, zero support people, zero morale among your remaining support people who aren't insane

Like my job is its own mess, but boy it is always nice to know how much shittier the other grass can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Must loving the twitter bird thing.jpg
enron musk. astroturf he own head.