Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Tankbuster posted:

what is this about an amazon waifu?

I simply spoke my truth and lo, a new thread title

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:37 on Nov 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the ap did one of those long rear end news articles on Bucha. lotta dead bodies pictured ofc.

short video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8YYhUIK0s

some extremely classic occupation stuff

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I for one can’t possibly believe that an armed invasion and occupation would do insanely horrific stuff like that.

they can and did btw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think we need big scare quotes around “volunteer “ and “ex military “

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588478706519277568?s=46&t=wntg1GJ2ZfslOFGtSg3zNg

absolutely stunning illustration of the sheer scale of the air bridge nato is doing to keep Ukraine in the fight.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
it must be emotionally draining gradually piecing together evidence of russian war crimes from snippets of cctv footage and eyewitness accounts. thank god the ukranians are decent enough to bust out their phones and straight up film their atrocities, streamlining the process greatly.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588478706519277568?s=46&t=wntg1GJ2ZfslOFGtSg3zNg

absolutely stunning illustration of the sheer scale of the air bridge nato is doing to keep Ukraine in the fight.

hey guys, i think i found your fuel shortage

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow if I was russia looking at this and all I need to resupply is an old truck I would keep the conflict going as long as possible. it must cost the west 100x more to have all that material air lifted.

“You will not find it difficult to prove that battles, campaigns, and even wars have been won or lost primarily because of logistics.” – General Dwight D. Eisenhower, USA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

edit

I’m bad at reading ?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

redneck nazgul posted:

hey guys, i think i found your fuel shortage

They'd be running training missions and doing fuel dumps at low altitude over schools in the occupied nations with that fuel anyway, so who's to say if transporting arms to Ukraine is good or bad.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Finally watched some drone footage and :( this whole tragedy has a sad abrasiveness to it. It feels so jarring to watch these sad scenes overlayed with... Dubstep?? Just drones dropping grenades and memes. I feel like if this war continues for a number of years, it will be slowly forgotten by the west.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow, stunning. Let's look at some flights into Rzeszow from today!

The AZgeopolitics account is counting on people ignorant of the fact that the majority of flights into and out of Rzeszow Jasionka Airport are commercial airliners like RyanAIR and LOT air and other commercial people and cargo movers land and take off from Rzeszow, Poland.

No one is supporting Ukraine with as many flights of supplies as depicted by the AZ account; that's one of Zelensky's frustrations!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/edwest/status/1588086423583948800

Prussians with Attitude

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

finally off probation and awake. posting in this thread thanks all.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Homeless Friend posted:

the ap did one of those long rear end news articles on Bucha. lotta dead bodies pictured ofc.

short video too

rip DryGoods

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Russia-Ukraine war live news: Russia likely threatening to shoot retreating soldiers, says UK defence ministry

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...r-after-strikes

i literally gave a wifebeater ten bux to offer meaningleas conjecture on the internet, these people are getting paid thousands of bux to do the same !! gently caress

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

thank god the ukranians are decent enough to bust out their phones and straight up film their atrocities, streamlining the process greatly.

when people go after collaborators they don't feel they need to hide it because everyone is cheering them on and they're proud of it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Homeless Friend posted:

lol legendary army brain

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Wow, stunning. Let's look at some flights into Rzeszow from today!

The AZgeopolitics account is counting on people ignorant of the fact that the majority of flights into and out of Rzeszow Jasionka Airport are commercial airliners like RyanAIR and LOT air and other commercial people and cargo movers land and take off from Rzeszow, Poland.

No one is supporting Ukraine with as many flights of supplies as depicted by the AZ account; that's one of Zelensky's frustrations!

you’re comparing apples to oranges lol. the tweet image is flights over the period of a month not a day or two

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

every Amerikkkan troop should perish haha.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you’re comparing apples to oranges lol. the tweet image is flights over the period of a month not a day or two

I know what a month is. AZgeololitics is assuming its readers are too ignorant to know Reszow hosts civil flights. That’s why their unsourced chart includes a month’s worth of civil aviation.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

short video too

Yeah, basically standard occupation stuff. Shooting everyone with a gun. Dubious raids. Who told the Ukrainians where to drop the mortar? This whole war thing seems like a bad idea.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I know what a month is. AZgeololitics is assuming its readers are too ignorant to know Reszow hosts civil flights. That’s why their unsourced chart includes a month’s worth of civil aviation.

why are you mad? shouldn’t you be happy Ukraine is getting a big air armada of weapons?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I switched teams and now evilmiera os the cool lib and mlmp is the bad lib

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

its ok, stop crying joe brandon will send some more billions of dollars worth of stuff

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1588471118767083520?s=20&t=06hipgvxS1A79eBjRPgDYw

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

why are you mad? shouldn’t you be happy Ukraine is getting a big air armada of weapons?

I’m just slightly surprised people can’t look at a map of civil air traffic to include flights from non-NATO countries and then figure out the account is trying to dupe them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

do we know about people who volunteered for Russia?

I've never heard a story of it, but there's gotta be at least a few. It wouldn't surprise me if the media were just not running stories about them, or literally saving them for some propaganda push later.

On the other hand, it's also possible that people tried and Russia was afraid of them being spooked up and so either outright sent them packing or has them working in a laundry 1000 miles from Ukraine.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jose Mengelez posted:

what a lot of people don't understand is that for many western men (especially unconventionally handsome IT professionals) this war is deeply personal. my ukranian wife's step brother has come to visit and they're very close so i'm sleeping on the couch tonight, but this is an excellent opportunity for me to get some nafo posting in on twitter. there's a lot of naysayers (especially itt) but it really makes a material difference.

slava ukraini

lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Azathoth posted:

I've never heard a story of it, but there's gotta be at least a few. It wouldn't surprise me if the media were just not running stories about them, or literally saving them for some propaganda push later.

On the other hand, it's also possible that people tried and Russia was afraid of them being spooked up and so either outright sent them packing or has them working in a laundry 1000 miles from Ukraine.

Lmao. My fight* for Russia against Western Imperialism (hardcover, 39$)

*peeling potatoes 250km east of Novosibirsk.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Lampsacus posted:

Finally watched some drone footage and :( this whole tragedy has a sad abrasiveness to it. It feels so jarring to watch these sad scenes overlayed with... Dubstep?? Just drones dropping grenades and memes. I feel like if this war continues for a number of years, it will be slowly forgotten by the west.

I remember the same Nafo-types posting about the Libyan civil war and cheering on all the participants of the conflict with no care given as to what the consequences or deeper ramifications of the conflicts were going to be so yeah when the war in the ukraine ends they are just going to move on to wikipedia search the military of whatever the next conflict region is going to be to appear to be experts on the internet.

I was going to write "I'm old enough to remember the Libyan civil war" but then I remembered that it started in 2014 literally not even 10 years ago yet they aren't giving a poo poo about it anymore now that the fighting has died down. These "people" are just here to see the bodies and cheer they really don't give a loving poo poo about the people living there.

something something voyeurism something something disconnection from violence something something tiktok attention span

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I vaguely recall hearing about a Kazakh fighter for Russia or something, someone from Central Asia

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

the Ukrainian kill listers and NAFO trolls are keeping track of the volunteers for Russia, posting their names and addresses of their relatives and stuff in random tweets all the time. I don't go looking this stuff up but it's hard not to see it in the wall of psycho poo poo they post on every subject

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s weird the words Russia and Prussia are not really etymologically linked

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I’m just slightly surprised people can’t look at a map of civil air traffic to include flights from non-NATO countries and then figure out the account is trying to dupe them.

is it civil air traffic though? given the tweet says NATO flights and is over a month why can’t the lines be military flights only

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Actually, now that I think of it. Wasn't there a story about Syrian volunteers that Turkey didn't let through or something along that line?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

it’s weird the words Russia and Prussia are not really etymologically linked

next you'll be telling me Austria and Australia are different, sheesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wow! A just war!