Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UFOTacoMan posted:

you're right about everything as always
there's no way a young person who has worked for a couple years could save some money to go on a cruise if they wanted.

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
If the AVERAGE American family really does not have at least $1k in savings then holy poo poo

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

No more polls! They should be illegal!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bebop esq posted:

If the AVERAGE American family really does not have at least $1k in savings then holy poo poo

the median family income is like 45k or some poo poo and rents probably eat half that

e: looks like individual income is 30k and household is 70, still not good

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Nov 4, 2022

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1588546563453886464

the fbi found kanye's tweets

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bebop esq posted:

Fed says the problem is the average american family has too much in savings

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

bebop esq posted:

We're a credit based economy.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bebop esq posted:

he should speedrace to the end

elon should get stuck in a powered down tesla in the hyperloop tunnel that's dug through his parent's emerald mine in south africa

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Seems pretty clumsy. Why didn't the CIA just have their informants pass along secret messages in Something Awful posts?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

they'll probably let the guy go so he can plan better

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

petit choux posted:

You go spaced god

You've always been encouraging and I greatly appreciate it, pal

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bebop esq posted:

Pretty much nobody in the bottom 70% of American households by income has appreciable savings. It's the leftover crack situation

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Apraxin posted:

i see many shocked pikachu faces in the future
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1588370180186714112

the average american thinks dems are more likely to shut down the gov than the gop

:psyduck:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ZaleskiLuke/status/1587990777212329984?s=19

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh drat

I didn't know Doobie from famed Doobie's Dogs restaurant was in NJ

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I love when trump face-melds with his chudettes

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgakov posted:

love dumb weird trummy ecosystem of sycophants

why is emfive hanging out at mar a lago?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/MaraGay/status/1588494436396400641

quote:

Mr. Rosenberg said that this year he is voting for Josh Shapiro, the Democratic candidate for governor, because of his concerns about the Republican Doug Mastriano, who has alarmed many Jewish voters over incidents including criticizing Mr. Shapiro for sending his children to a Jewish day school. (Mr. Mastriano has said his criticism was directed at Mr. Shapiro’s decision to send his children to an “expensive, elite” school, and not based on the school’s religious affiliation.)

But his concerns cut both ways. In his state’s race for the Senate, Mr. Rosenberg is voting for the Republican, Mehmet Oz, citing concern that the Democrat, John Fetterman, “will vote with the left-wing woke progressive anti-Israel” faction in the Senate.

The years since the election of Mr. Trump — a champion of Israel’s right wing and the father of a convert to Judaism, but also the beneficiary of societal anger that has often had ugly undertones — have seen a rise in attacks against the Jewish community, which some leaders associate with Mr. Trump’s reluctance to distance himself from groups that traffic in antisemitism.

At the same time, the left has been rattled by rising divisions within the Democratic Party over Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, pitting those who have traditionally supported Israel against a rising class of progressive activists and lawmakers who ally themselves with the Palestinian cause. It is a fracture that has made the politics of the moment even more complicated for many American Jews.

“There’s this constant discussion and debate as to where it is worse — is it worse on the right or the left — when it’s present on both sides, no question,” said Rabbi Moshe Hauer, executive vice president of the Orthodox Union. “There’s been an ascendancy on the right, but there’s also been a very significant uptick on the left, and the evolution of antisemitism on the left is a major development.”
as the open espousal of anti-jewish views becomes increasingly normalized on the right, as white supremacists worm their way closer and closer to powerful positions in the republican party, as actual nazis feel emboldened to parade and state their hatred of jews in public, at this uniquely dangerous moment...

it is important to remember that anti-semitism is a serious issue for both sides and its rise on the left is of particular concern

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588391903636357122

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

the average american thinks dems are more likely to shut down the gov than the gop

:psyduck:

that chart and questions are dumb as gently caress but they're saying that dems think republicans will shut down the govt

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nazis want to kill jews and leftists want to not give israel billions of dollars in weapons to murder Palestinians, these are both the same

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"I didn't want to be a nazi but you made me"

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

If musk does obliterate Twitter it would really change my feelings about him.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wut

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This is probably the first time someone tried posting-through-it by buying the website they got made fun of on. We need a name for it like we all know about the puppet-master strategy for example.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bulgakov posted:

love dumb weird trummy ecosystem of sycophants

Is that blouse meant to invite me to look down it? Because I'll do it!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

This is probably the first time someone tried posting-through-it by buying the website they got made fun of on. We need a name for it like we all know about the puppet-master strategy for example.

it's the lowtax

Musk is going to be doing the whole "liveban" thing before the sun sets on the west coast

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Drygoods and turdFuZz died in a tragic self suck competition

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/Jesse_Brenneman/status/1588550505873412104

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Salt Fish posted:

Kind of like a hostile takeover but with more lols

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

Trump gave me more money than you did and I don't hear him being a little bitch about it

gently caress you brandon

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/McConaughey/status/1588542084847665159

the youngest old man...

honeyhole...

no, it can't be...

cumshitter?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

tenderjerk posted:

Trump gave me more money than you did and I don't hear him being a little bitch about it

gently caress you brandon

Sorry you appear to have fallen for some ~fake news~

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Mayor Dave posted:

Drygoods and turdFuZz died in a tragic self suck competition

They're both winners in my book.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

William Bear posted:

Seems pretty clumsy. Why didn't the CIA just have their informants pass along secret messages in Something Awful posts?

yes, that would be a very convenient way to communicate. The Eagle Flies Over The Green Hills at 0930.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1588552397965914113

bless u al

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lol musk is absolutely trying to post through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

petit choux posted:

Is that blouse meant to invite me to look down it? Because I'll do it!