Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

have you ever seen a Twitter megathread 1/148

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol *thread 1/500*
I'm a serious journalist but.. I'm only allowed to post a few hundred letters here so I'm going to post hundreds of times and I hope you read it all..
≠===========================

Well I deleted my Twitter and it demands I log in to see it so..no.

Maybe write real articles you loving clout chasing clowns.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I started browsing Twitter regularly in 2021 and I will miss it as a place where you can find out if someone had the same thought as you on twitter in the last decade

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm beginning to think the user experience of twitter can be drastically improved for any user by deleting your account. if the forums installed a supreme marshal to rule the united states and they blocked twitter via force of arms, would that be a bad thing? if jeffrey of YOSPOS instituted a rule forbidding all links to twitter and banned any goon who did it, would the forums be a worse place?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Sophy Wackles posted:

You all have no idea how important blue checks are to people. They view it as a status symbol, a life accomplishment and as a fundamental part of who they are as a person. And I bet a large percentage of them will happily pay to keep it.

Nah this is mostly just what weirdos who get really worked up about the existence of blue checks for some reason think

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Also hello Sammy yes you are correct I'm crawling back here because where else am I going to poo poo post with better posters than me

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Signing back into Twitter, even to deactivate my account, is more trouble than it’s worth.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just drive by posting to say LOL at anyone who had a twitter account up in TYOOL 2022 and Musk buying it was the last straw.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

big black turnout posted:

Also hello Sammy yes you are correct I'm crawling back here because where else am I going to poo poo post with better posters than me

I mean, this is what I'm doing here. the place is home

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

could do with forumid=1 being restored but whatever

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Poohs Packin posted:

Just drive by posting to say LOL at anyone who had a twitter account up in TYOOL 2022 and Musk buying it was the last straw.

Harsh, but fair. I say as I cry.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Grandpa, grandpa.... You were one of the first to deactivate your account right? Rightttt? :smith:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Voice of Labor posted:

this thread needs a 144 character limit

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Hardawn posted:

Grandma, grandma.... You were one of the first to deactivate your account right? Rightttt? :smith:

:lol: no the internet wasn't real back then honey. It's not like now

eat your crickets quick or you'll be late for your shift in Farmville

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm pretty sad that when I am screaming at my phone and defeating my posting enemies on twitter while on the toilet straining to poo poo that I will no longer have a blue checkmark. My handful of followers won't know it's me for certain.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

with the competition being gaia online and a bodybuilding forum I'm not so sure

gross tonnage is a measurement of internal volume, so i'm pretty sure we have the bodybuilding forum beat. they may be as heavy, but muscle is denser than flab. good point about gaia online though, could have a real run waddle for your money there.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

The Voice of Labor posted:

this one and probably the well

How do you know about The Well and is it something most goons know about?

Very surprised to hear that name in 2022.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Briefly considered buying a robotvacuum today. Started googling for models and reviews and sifting through the poo poo heap of paid promotions, fake test sites and fake reviews seems like more work than just keep vacuuming the apartment myself💀💀💀

e: how many characters was that? what is this poo poo UI? How do I tell how many characters my post is?

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 3, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Bargearse posted:

Signing back into Twitter, even to deactivate my account, is more trouble than it’s worth.

:same:

I was going to deactivate mine but I haven't used the account for quite awhile so I got signed out and don't remember my password and :effort:

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
About an hour after deactivating my account, I realized I should have gone out in a blaze of glory and sent Musk the goatman or something. Too much :effort: to reopen it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Why hasn't Twitter's stock price plummeted? Goddamnit, I want to watch it crash like Bitcoin!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Elon is hoarding it all.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Why hasn't Twitter's stock price plummeted? Goddamnit, I want to watch it crash like Bitcoin!

You’re going to have to imagine the stock price movements in your head from now on.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It won't - Elon bought it out at over twice the worth to take it private. It won't be publicly traded from now on unless he changes his mind again and why would that happen it would be stu....

So give it a month?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sophy Wackles posted:

You’re going to have to imagine the stock price movements in your head from now on.

KitConstantine posted:

It won't - Elon bought it out at over twice the worth to take it private. It won't be publicly traded from now on unless he changes his mind again and why would that happen it would be stu....

So give it a month?

I should have realized it was delisted - I was overcome by the mental image of the stock price plunging into the abyss and didn't think it through.

I wonder if he'll try to sell Twitter NFTs between now and the inevitable extinction of the company?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

it's only tangentially related but i was wondering how these social media sites are still seen as valuable since i assumed 80% of people must be using adblockers by now which should zap their revenue but apparently it's only between like 30%-40% and has even dropped a bit in recent years. weird.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

roomtone posted:

it's only tangentially related but i was wondering how these social media sites are still seen as valuable since i assumed 80% of people must be using adblockers by now which should zap their revenue but apparently it's only between like 30%-40% and has even dropped a bit in recent years. weird.

I use the app and also it's fun to see the ads you get after you've spent years blocking every conceivable major advertiser

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

good to see so many '22 regs have chosen gbs as their new place to tweet

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
what if elon actually makes twitter better tho

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

what if I sprayed gold paint onto a pile of bear poo poo?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

If he ends up destroying it, he will've.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

madmatt112 posted:

what if I sprayed gold paint onto a pile of bear poo poo?

Youd have something twice the value and half the stench

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

KitConstantine posted:

Youd have something twice the value and half the stench

What am I doing still sitting at home, then? Gotta go!

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I don’t have Twitter; will this change effect the number of twitter links my dad sends me?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Foo Diddley posted:

lol

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I guess we'll just have to be satisfied watching Tesla slip

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Unperson_47 posted:

If he ends up destroying it, he will've.

inshallah

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

good to see so many '22 regs have chosen gbs as their new place to tweet

online zoomers spent our formative years on Discord, shitposting in genchat is practically second nature

Bird_App_Refugee
Nov 4, 2022

Formerly: Thunderfist and/or
Have it your Weigh
Checking in here. Ready to make terrible posts in a terrible place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

*slicks back hair * uh hello welcome to this place as you can see you have to pay money for an avatar here. well enjoy