Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Ok that makes sense. I forgot you're allowed to lock friendly ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Yeah that's a weirdly deep cut. Kinda cool! A lot more Corran-ish than 'he can shoot twice I guess'.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Ok that makes sense. I forgot you're allowed to lock friendly ships.

You can lock almost anything. Other ships, obstacles, just about anything that has a physical presence on the board.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Interesting collection of new stuff. Curious to see what falcon Poe does. Hoping its something cool and different from his current abilities.

Wish there was a new FO Tie/ba pilot instead of even more reg ties that the faction is already drowning in.

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Interesting collection of new stuff. Curious to see what falcon Poe does. Hoping its something cool and different from his current abilities.

Poe was shown in AMG's Ministravaganza a couple of months ago.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do large ships still use the long side for their barrel rolls?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Do large ships still use the long side for their barrel rolls?

Yes

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I thought I was done with this game, but I might need to make a :sickos: themed squad

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'll once again futilely maintain that Juno Eclipse should have been in a TIE bomber, not an X1.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

They should have just brought the Rogue Shadow into the game. Could even have Juno (Empire) and Juno (Rebel) pilots.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Madurai posted:

I'll once again futilely maintain that Juno Eclipse should have been in a TIE bomber, not an X1.

TIE/sa are not currently legal in Standard, so I don't think they'll bother printing anything for them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tevery Best posted:

TIE/sa are not currently legal in Standard, so I don't think they'll bother printing anything for them.

They did announce bombers are getting a reprint

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anyone play Battle of Yavin yet?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Anyone play Battle of Yavin yet?

We had a mini-store event on Saturday and had 4 games going. I don't think Rebels won a single one. The rules make it pretty tough because the Imperials can clog up the trench and really slow the rebel advance along it. I think I could've won mine if the game went to 10 rounds because most of the Imperial ships were on their last legs, but I just couldn't get in range in time. The frustrating thing is there's no indication of where you're supposed to measure range to the exhaust port - center of port, edge of port, edge of tile. It was fun and I'd be interested to see if the balance shifts once rebel players get used to the scenario rules/conditions.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Napoleon Nelson posted:

We had a mini-store event on Saturday and had 4 games going. I don't think Rebels won a single one. The rules make it pretty tough because the Imperials can clog up the trench and really slow the rebel advance along it. I think I could've won mine if the game went to 10 rounds because most of the Imperial ships were on their last legs, but I just couldn't get in range in time. The frustrating thing is there's no indication of where you're supposed to measure range to the exhaust port - center of port, edge of port, edge of tile. It was fun and I'd be interested to see if the balance shifts once rebel players get used to the scenario rules/conditions.

It's an object, so closest edge to closest edge, no?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TheCenturion posted:

You're not targeting the port itself, you need to wedge it in there.
It's impossible, even for a computer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Alright, I'm gonna test out a BoY Rebel list tonight and at a tournament Sat. I'm hoping that my triple X list, plus random y-wing doesn't suck. Any betters on how poorly I'll do?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

That's how we played it, but it would be nice if they made it explicit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The port is an object. You treat it like any object. If any portion of it is in range, it’s all in range. Just like shooting DRK droids or whatever.

If it doesn’t have special rules that say you must target the center, then you don’t have to target the center.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Yeah, I'm not sure why it would need 'explicit' rules. It's an object. The object rules are explicit.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Maybe I'm just an idiot but it felt counter-inuitive to have a nicely-rendered game piece in a scenario that's all about hitting the exhaust port and then you don't actually need range on the representation of the port itself. It felt like a "It just impacted on the surface" thing.

But like I said, we played it correctly so it doesn't really matter, and I wouldn't want to make things harder for rebels anyway.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This battle of Yavin pack is really cool but I have no idea what sleeves to get for the loadout cards. FFG used to print that on the box

edit: never mind, its the old FFG tarot sleeves. I still have some lying around :unsmith:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Turns out they[previewed the hotshots and aces rebels and no one noticed (scroll down a bit, past the coruscant)

Guess who's back?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I'm really liking the design of these pilots. Tycho is the same and still great, Keo seems unpredictable and fun, and Corran's ability is basically how Rogue Squadron fought Lusankya in Bacta War. And range 3 jam is nice too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I'm really liking the design of these pilots. Tycho is the same and still great, Keo seems unpredictable and fun, and Corran's ability is basically how Rogue Squadron fought Lusankya in Bacta War. And range 3 jam is nice too.

Fun fact: Also how Corran and a bunch of y-wings blew up a lancer in the first novel too.

I thought I had posted about how my boy is back, but it mighta been on my local discord. As some of y'all remember, my 1.0 list from like the launch of wave 7 til the end was Luke Wes and Wedge, and I won tournaments with them. I beat triple toilet seats pre-nerfs with em

edit:
Here's the imp preview

Three in three days? AMG is ginning up for something I think.

Also lol they straight up acknowledge the Tie R/B is bad

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 3, 2022

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I think I played your list for a while! I eventually went to Wedge Jan Biggs but it was a lot of fun.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Imperials for Hotshot II got posted:

Article here

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Carnor is never coming back, is he

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Imperials for Hotshot II got posted:

Article here

Thanks for the images. I only posted the link, two posts above you

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

General Battuta posted:

I think I played your list for a while! I eventually went to Wedge Jan Biggs but it was a lot of fun.

I played it too! XXX was always fun, even if it was bad in 1.0 :v:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

It was gimmicky as hell, and did terrible against the bomb spam and harpoon spam of the last of 1.0 but it was fun at least.

In the early days of 2.0 I ran a successor in triple t70s.

If Wes is priced at 4-5, I can fit another x in. If not, maybe a z-95, or a-wing. Will keep you updated.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

bunnyofdoom posted:

It was gimmicky as hell, and did terrible against the bomb spam and harpoon spam of the last of 1.0 but it was fun at least.

In the early days of 2.0 I ran a successor in triple t70s.

If Wes is priced at 4-5, I can fit another x in. If not, maybe a z-95, or a-wing. Will keep you updated.

The tail end of 1st ed had glorious XXX, expertise and integrated astromechs. It was a chainsaw of a list :getin:

I’ve got an XXXZ list now with Wedge, Luke, Thane and Cracken in a headhunter right now, so I’m hoping Wes will be a 5 to just swap in.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Thanks for the images. I only posted the link, two posts above you

I can't decide how I feel about their blog-style articles where they just put the new articles on top. Didn't want people to miss the update for Imperials, which I think happened after your post.

I hope they keep up the update cadence, I want to see the SoC Separatist pilots. I hope they do right by my boy 404.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I can't decide how I feel about their blog-style articles where they just put the new articles on top. Didn't want people to miss the update for Imperials, which I think happened after your post.

I hope they keep up the update cadence, I want to see the SoC Separatist pilots. I hope they do right by my boy 404.

I literally had it in my post.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fun fact: Also how Corran and a bunch of y-wings blew up a lancer in the first novel too.

I thought I had posted about how my boy is back, but it mighta been on my local discord. As some of y'all remember, my 1.0 list from like the launch of wave 7 til the end was Luke Wes and Wedge, and I won tournaments with them. I beat triple toilet seats pre-nerfs with em

edit:
Here's the imp preview

Three in three days? AMG is ginning up for something I think.

Also lol they straight up acknowledge the Tie R/B is bad

I also am excited to see the Sep SoC stuff. 404 will be fun, but I also want a usable infiltrator. I have two of em covered in dust lol.

ro5s posted:

The tail end of 1st ed had glorious XXX, expertise and integrated astromechs. It was a chainsaw of a list :getin:

I’ve got an XXXZ list now with Wedge, Luke, Thane and Cracken in a headhunter right now, so I’m hoping Wes will be a 5 to just swap in.
Oh poo poo me too! Been running it, using swarm to give Cracken an i6 co-ordinate.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

I literally had it in my post.

That's what I get for not refreshing and/or scrolling up. My bad.

I did appreciate that TIE heavy section, shows a sense of humor about their stuff.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

That's what I get for not refreshing and/or scrolling up. My bad.

I did appreciate that TIE heavy section, shows a sense of humor about their stuff.

NGL I laughed out loud when I read it. The fact the devs are acknowledging that some of the game is bad and they are actively trying to correct it makes me feel a little better about AMG having the game now. Let's see how it all works out

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

NGL I laughed out loud when I read it. The fact the devs are acknowledging that some of the game is bad and they are actively trying to correct it makes me feel a little better about AMG having the game now. Let's see how it all works out

One thing I've noticed about AMG is that they seem willing to make any sort of change.

FFG kept to a very, very narrow approach. They iterated points and minor rules updates and that was it. From a game design perspective, this mean that FFG had relatively limited levers to pull. This meant that there were rarely major shakeups. That is fine, for a while, but it does lead to the game feeling same-y after a while. It's like, oh look, a new ship, I bet it has 2-3 red dice, 1-3 green dice, a dial similar to another ship, and 1-2 pilots who are good while the rest are binder fodder. FFG never wanted to errata things, ban things, or whatever. They just priced stuff into oblivion if it was problematic.

AMG is willing to make both big sweeping changes and iterative FFG-style changes. The game has really settled from the 2.5 shakeup, and the last couple of updates have been FFG-style iterative approaches. I like that they're willing to do this.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Updates keep on coming, here are the first SoC Separatists:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gonna say, the i3 unqiue is a bit of a non-starter really. Can cancel crits twice sure, but if you are taking two shots, you burned your calc.

That Roiling Anger is clearly a dark-side patience and I love it.

EDIT: AMG being too honest again here

"his new upgrade lets you move through any obstacle, not just asteroids or debris clouds, without suffering their effects. It also works on electro-chaff clouds!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

Carnor is never coming back, is he

RIP my fav squinty boy :(

I get that bonus attacks are already covered in the rules but why not just make his ability use a charge token like theyve been doing for almost every other once per turn ability and eliminate any confusion right away like they did with Quickdraw