Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
"Oh look that wolf mommy daddy Ridley Scott thing got cancelled. They should have taken less risks and been more like those star-guys - the trekkie-warmen. Lets take absolutely 0 risk on any sci fi related production outside of those 2 franchises for the next 10 years, just to be sure about this one." - Every studio executive at this exact moment and whenever a sci fi show / movie has done less than incredible numbers for the past 50 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Sorry, I'm not seeing the world of sci-fi as a zero-sum game between Star Wars, which is of course obviously the worst thing ever, and Raised by Wolves, which is beyond reproach.

I don't need toxic purity tests.

I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves from start to finish, but I didn't jump up every five seconds and yelled "YEAH! Take THAT, Star Wars!".

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

id trade every upcoming star wars movie/show/game for a single episode of RBW S3

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

If you enjoy or even tolerate modern Star Wars or Star Trek you are not allowed to watch Raised By Wolves. Those are the rules, I didn't make them, don't blame me.

lynch_69 fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 3, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
What's Star War? Sounds dumb.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves from start to finish, but I didn't jump up every five seconds and yelled "YEAH! Take THAT, Star Wars!".

Well that makes one of us

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lynch_69 posted:

If you enjoy or even tolerate modern Star Wars or Star Trek you are not allowed to watch Raised By Wolves. Those are the rules, I didn't make them, don't blame me.

With Father TAKEN FROM US BY COWARDS, Anson Mount is the closest thing I have left to a space-dad, and I'll cling on to him for as long as I can :colbert:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the mandalorian = raised by wolves in that they're the only two sci fi shows worth a drat in the last ten years, one by being conventional as poo poo and the other by being unconventional as poo poo

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Noah Hawley's turned in all his scripts for his Alien show, so I guess I am relying on him for my insane milky robots fix now that Sol has abandoned us.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the mandalorian = raised by wolves in that they're the only two sci fi shows worth a drat in the last ten years, one by being conventional as poo poo and the other by being unconventional as poo poo

Not true at all. Just of the top of my head:
The Expanse, Counterpart, Severance

Also The Mandalorian S1 was fun but S2 was already meh.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

lol no one did this

this is like that group I'm in on facebook -- "Conservatives getting angry about things they made up themselves"

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The Expanse is the poo poo. They need to hurry up and get HBO to make the last three books into 5 hour miniseries or some poo poo (15 hours overall).

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sorry, I'm not seeing the world of sci-fi as a zero-sum game between Star Wars, which is of course obviously the worst thing ever, and Raised by Wolves, which is beyond reproach.

I don't need toxic purity tests.

No, I take it as a personal insult and attack each time some star wars or superhero movie gets released and I'm forced to sit through one. I didn't do anything to Disney, so why are they behaving like that? Why are they doing this to me totally unprovoked?

For comparison, this is surveillance footage of me going to town on a good mommy mill snake show

https://twitter.com/mischiefanimals/status/1553373318320881666?t=0FT7voZ6emzuu2_SfrYuiQ&s=19

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Moonhaven is also pretty good, if people are looking for a bananad scifi show airing right now.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Moonhaven is also pretty good, if people are looking for a bananad scifi show airing right now.

I can heartily recommend Moonhaven. It's like Midsommar or a more restrained Wicker Man but in spaaaaace.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Lower Decks, Avenue 5

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Discovery slaughtering Max like a psycho robot girl. Milksnake mommy never had a prayer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Discovery slaughtering Max like a psycho robot girl. Milksnake mommy never had a prayer.

Yeah they at least got a bit of dignity with their cancellation instead of being lumped in with "An American Pickle" or whatever

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

CODChimera posted:

id trade every upcoming star wars movie/show/game for a single episode of RBW S3

best post itt

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Praise sol

e: mullet next please

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It’s not all bad

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

Praise sol

Lol this just looks like the results when I cut my toddler’s hair.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want to find out more about the lead atheist guy who had been mindwiped by the AI probably several times.

Dammit so many threads just left hanging :sigh:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

priznat posted:

I want to find out more about the lead atheist guy who had been mindwiped by the AI probably several times.

Dammit so many threads just left hanging :sigh:

It’s an interesting detail because he was extremely cynical about the leadership and purpose of the atheist faction, to the point where Sue is about to punch him when he tells her how all the generals back on Earth were selfish and cowardly, and he resented the AI really openly. I wouldn’t think an AI would want to reprogram a guy to have those traits, unless they were what the AI wanted to eradicate and could only manage imperfectly with the programming it could manage.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s an interesting detail because he was extremely cynical about the leadership and purpose of the atheist faction, to the point where Sue is about to punch him when he tells her how all the generals back on Earth were selfish and cowardly, and he resented the AI really openly. I wouldn’t think an AI would want to reprogram a guy to have those traits, unless they were what the AI wanted to eradicate and could only manage imperfectly with the programming it could manage.

Yeah he seemed really conflicted and then after the AI gets shut down by Mother he just got broken. I feel like he could have teamed up with Lucius for adventures.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I actually figured the AI had deliberately given the guy doubt/frustration to make him seem (and to be!) more conflicted, which would make him more believable to the colonists as one of them who is just trying his best to stay the course. If he ever doubts TOO much or crosses a line and decides enough is enough, he just gets brainwashed again and continues to be a valuable human representative/mouthpiece who keeps telling people to trust the process and eventually everything is going to work out fine.

We'll never know now though, because THE COWARDS WON'T GIVE US SEASON 3! :argh:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Why can't there be a billionaire goon when we need it...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There was but all he did was buy this dumb website.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I proposed season 3 renewal for the frontpage but he's ignoring my email

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There was but all he did was buy this dumb website.

This website wasn't worth the cost he paid

without even knowing the amount

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The new ownership needs to seriously sit down and rethink their dodecahedron budget and greenlight a season three.

All glory to Sol.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GABA ghoul posted:

Praise sol

Mullets are actually back in style again.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sol drat it, is there really no word on this show being picked up by any streaming service?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AndyElusive posted:

Sol drat it, is there really no word on this show being picked up by any streaming service?

i think you can stream it right now on hbo max or whatever

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

AndyElusive posted:

Nope. I'm losing hope.

Trying not to lose hope for The Expanse books 7-9 though

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i think you can stream it right now on hbo max or whatever

I mean Season 3.

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Nope. I'm losing hope.

:negative:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AndyElusive posted:

I mean Season 3.

:negative:

i dont think season 3 is being made anymore. the show was canceled

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

fart simpson posted:

i dont think season 3 is being made anymore. the show was canceled

are you doing a bit

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Westworld was just cancelled.

Bring back The Intergalactic Adventures of Sol & Friends with the Westworld budget, goddamnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

They tried and then the actor for Father announced there were no takers. It's been dead for a while now. :smith: