Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

They put up an addendum on those dates in-game. You won't be forced to spend Christmas Day grinding to Diamond 1.

That being said, blech at another Kaiba Cup.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Will we see a full top 10 of Xbox players this time?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The man from the Xbox nation did nothing wrong.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Got most of my ishizu tear deck together. Mavens has some good rear end reprints.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got Appolousa and Mo Ye in mine (in one pack even) but also like.. Red Eyes Black Dragon, Catshark (at least I know why this one got a reprint but) and Dark Soul Token. The only Ishizu card I got was Shadow Imprisoning Mirror. Some fuckin' filler in that thing that's for sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror used to be a pretty good side deck option back before there were better general-purpose floodgates.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I love Yu-Gi-Oh's attitude towards reprints, but coming in from Magic, the idea that tokens would take up an actual slot for a card in a booster is pretty silly.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It is cool that there's "official tokens" with artwork so you have something more than a coin or counter. Agreed it should not take space over actual cards, but what's one bit of packfiller trash over another?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I like shiny, unique tokens when they're an extra in a structure box like the Charmers ones, having it take up space in a '4 packs containing 5 rare cards' special box sucks rear end

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that does suck rear end. I haven't updated my cardboard in like 4 years but I just bought singles.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The G Golem token being in MAMA is absolutely hilarious.

Charles Bukowski posted:

It is cool that there's "official tokens" with artwork so you have something more than a coin or counter. Agreed it should not take space over actual cards, but what's one bit of packfiller trash over another?

Personally I'm more offended they wasted a slot on Aileron in the set. :v:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You're not going to find the answers you want in the bottom of a booster pack.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Tokens being in is funny. You could get lightning storm, evenly matched, imperm. Nah, here’s a token lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There is in fact no difference between good cards and bad cards you moron, you loving imbecile

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
In formats like these, every flavor of stun deck comes out of hibernation. Nature is healing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Stun is the light, the love and the way. The enemy wishes to abuse insanely powerful new products made so strong to push sales. The only way to stop them from harming the game and themselves is to punish them for playing in such a manner.

May floodgates be your guiding key

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

May your hands be filled with Imperm..Imp..imps.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Finally someone made a good flip deck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y9yDrEEyJk

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This was like getting punched in the face repeatedly for 13 minutes and I loved it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

This was like getting punched in the face repeatedly for 13 minutes and I loved it.

The ending was such a heartbreak

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Leaks for MD: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-08-2022/master-duel-datamines

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Been playing Umi Control for the past 10 days and floodgates rule, give me more floodgates

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Been playing Umi Control for the past 10 days and floodgates rule, give me more floodgates

Umi control rules. Getting to search Torrential is so funny.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I got Appolousa and Mo Ye in mine (in one pack even) but also like.. Red Eyes Black Dragon, Catshark (at least I know why this one got a reprint but) and Dark Soul Token. The only Ishizu card I got was Shadow Imprisoning Mirror. Some fuckin' filler in that thing that's for sure.

turns out I'm a loving dumbass btw

it's a secret pharaoh rare

Glad I sleeve anything shiny to be safe

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

sick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

As a digital only player i have to wonder, do yugioh foils curl as bad as magic ones do? This looks cool but itd suck if in a month theyre pringles

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

As a digital only player i have to wonder, do yugioh foils curl as bad as magic ones do? This looks cool but itd suck if in a month theyre pringles

They absolutely do, yeah. Magic, Pokemon, Yugioh, pringling doesn't discriminate

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Depends on the rarity but yeah, you gotta sleeve those cards up asap. heck, i remember buying structure decks before, taking them out of the box but not unseaing the wrapper, and those cards curling up in the wrapper.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That sucks. Like i remember foils used to not curl for a while, one of the big 3 should get it together and just pay for whatever that method in the 00s was

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The cards can be damaged before you even open the pack, true tragedy with back marks and off center printing.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-11-2022/master-duel-datamines

Looks like they have listen to feedback. Not only are they bringing back loaner decks, they are having multiple loaner decks in one event according to leaks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flair posted:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-11-2022/master-duel-datamines

Looks like they have listen to feedback. Not only are they bringing back loaner decks, they are having multiple loaner decks in one event according to leaks.

I'm not even sure that's "listening to feedback". I got the notion the the Link Event was meant to be a more competitive event like the Duelist Cup given it had its own ladder, which would make the lack of loaners make far more sense.

Edit: 8-Axis might actually do well in this event provided Konami stop banning Danger! Bigfoot and Gizmek Orochi...

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

TaurusOxford posted:

Edit: 8-Axis might actually do well in this event provided Konami stop banning Danger! Bigfoot and Gizmek Orochi...

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-2022/anti-spell-festival

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lol that they're not banning Red Reboot

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I was playing last night, low Platinum ranked duels, and it was really weird. Whenever I presented so much as a hint of a threat (or a disruption, if I was going second) my opponent immediately scooped. Was that just people scrambling to wrap up the season pass?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

A shame we lost Denko Sekka, but i'll take it!

blizzardvizard posted:

Lol that they're not banning Red Reboot

The most blatant "craft this!" i've ever seen for an event.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Skios posted:

. Was that just people scrambling to wrap up the season pass?

Yeah it was this.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

I was playing last night, low Platinum ranked duels, and it was really weird. Whenever I presented so much as a hint of a threat (or a disruption, if I was going second) my opponent immediately scooped. Was that just people scrambling to wrap up the season pass?

Surrendering does not give exp for the battle pass, so I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flair posted:

Surrendering does not give exp for the battle pass, so I doubt it.

It's entirely possible they were scooping in hopes of being matched with an opponent they could curbstomp, rather than having a drawn-out duel.