Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

euphronius posted:

I’ve always said Ukraine is metaphorically aligned with the Confederacy

Both are scrappy underdogs with questionable history wrt minorities invaded by a larger, imperialist neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I mean I didn't watch the video. Just evidence that he is still alive upto like two months ago or something.

Sure he could be just sitting somewhere and posting this entire time, who knows.

Yeah I wasn't yelling at you I was just interested in what he was talking about. Although considering he didn't really mention any personal anecdotes I get the sense he's not up to much besides reading Telegram

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Both are scrappy underdogs with questionable history wrt minorities invaded by a larger, imperialist neighbor.

I mean .. duh

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

Yeah I wasn't yelling at you I was just interested in what he was talking about. Although considering he didn't really mention any personal anecdotes I get the sense he's not up to much besides reading Telegram

I don't think he faked that beard for some online credibility. Maybe he was doing stuff before, maybe he's less active now.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

I’m technically a Ukrainian lawyer

this post proves it

lmao

this guy is truly the living embodiment of the Ukrainian intelligence state

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

euphronius posted:

the dukes of kharkiv

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Here are two images that might go together somehow. I was thinking a gif with one frame having the state property logo and 'help fund Ukraine's reconstruction' or 'exciting goon project opportunities', then a second frame with 'brought to you by' and finally a third frame with the usaid logo, then have the gif be a link to the site.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

euphronius posted:

I guess the founder of NAFO agrees?

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Nov 5, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I follow ideology and find out later that the facts agree. the true way

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

robert e lee was cringe

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lmfao:wow:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Don't quote me

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Lee was the CSA's Bandera.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Slava Jeff Davisi!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wheeee posted:

the people deciding what to send don’t give a poo poo about sending the most effective weapons platforms, if anything they’re going to be trying to avoid prompting escalation from russia beyond the current scope of the war, it’s about bleeding russia and expanding american power, not actually getting ukraine to a military victory

Europe won't have the industrial capacity to replace those weapon systems domestically, so it's also future sales for US weapons manufacturers

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

robert e lee was cringe

Virgin Lee studied hard and was a top student at west point.

Chad U.S. Grant raced horses and got demerits

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

ArmZ posted:

Chad U.S. Grant raced horses and got demerits

and was drunk as gently caress

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Laugh now, tankies. But NAFO can declare our support of Ukraine, NATO, USA, Robert E Lee etc loud and proud. Your love of fascist Russia has to be veiled behind thousands of explanatory paragraphs. Who is really the laughing stock here?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

top 3 drunkest presidents

Nixon

Grant

Franklin Pierce

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

i support this. everyone lets pitch in adn we can run a a monopoly utility company. what can go wrong?

C-SPAM project to prove we have skin in the game when it comes to Ukraine's future

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

trump was the most high president by a mile

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Egg Moron posted:

and was drunk as gently caress

Lol, RWN debunked this. He apparently drank about a normal amount for a dude in his class in that era, that stuff was all propaganda from other west point grads that were jealous of his success.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that stuff was all propaganda from other west point grads that were jealous of his success.

wow they really owned him. "could win the civil war while drunk as hell"

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1588287774397898752

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

that's a trial balloon if ever i saw one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mtg has a big rear end forehead

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you could land a plane on that forehead

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you could land a plane on that forehead

land?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

that's a trial balloon if ever i saw one

I doubt it. It's the same dynamic of AOC saying abolish ICE and defund police before the 2020 election. It's a shout out to the base, but won't really be policy.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

excited to find out who blew up the pipeline

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was nato op

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

CODChimera posted:

excited to find out who blew up the pipeline

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

:shrug:

Nix Panicus posted:

Here are two images that might go together somehow. I was thinking a gif with one frame having the state property logo and 'help fund Ukraine's reconstruction' or 'exciting goon project opportunities', then a second frame with 'brought to you by' and finally a third frame with the usaid logo, then have the gif be a link to the site.

That could work

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i wonder how long the thread in the mod forum would be about this

sum
Nov 15, 2010

This was such a shocking admission from Arestovich that I actually tracked down the original interview and put it through Google Translate and yeah, it looks like he said that?
https://twitter.com/SprinterMonitor/status/1588320073524969473

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usF9ekHPRho&t=360s

YouTube transcripts/Google Translate posted:

We exhausted our offensive potential because we ourselves do not produce it, we are supplied with everything from the West we spent this operation, even in the North of the Kherson region, [not to mention the?] Kharkov operation, therefore we now do not have stocks that allow us to quickly create one or two Kharkov operations, and happily report there, for example, another breakthrough, a bunch of prisoners, etc.

We will need a certain amount of time to save up, but for the next month, as it seems to me, without special news, but later, and we will have in front of us frozen hungry, exhausted in the Ukrainian steppes, in part, faster that they will not survive after two or three months of the steppe [with just a?] half stove
I don't know if Arestovich is actually in on any internal intelligence or if he's just connecting the dots and spitballing but it's hilarious to just straight up say that most of the army's equipment has been exploded but things will be ok once winter comes because the 300,000 extra enemy troops will be cold.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

To be fair Arestovytch shits on Ukraine very often. It's kind of hard to figure him out because everyone always thinks he's bullshitting.

The only thing he really seems to be into is philosophical naval gazing bullshit.

It's still bullshitting too because Ukraine never had the force necessary in place to take Kherson. Then yeah he hedges it by saying Russians will just fall apart on their own anyway.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Nov 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

HiroProtagonist posted:

Don't quote me

I'll try not to