Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It's real dusty in this archon quest, I think I got some in my eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I am never spending actual money on this game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

raiden is the only archon i don't have and it's a mistake I would love to correct soon!!!!

then i can finally make her and yae kiss

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Xalidur posted:

This may end up being me on Nahida and I'm not sure I will be able to restrain myself. It's another broken C2...

20% more reaction damage is not anywhere close to 'broken'. Is it good? Sure yeah. Is it big enough that C2 will let you beat stuff that you couldn't beat with C0? Meh not really. Especially considering she's already busted enough to beat everything at C0

Is it worth $300 or whatever? gently caress no, not if you have an average income. If you have that much slack in your videogame budget then feel free though I guess.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 5, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

20% more reaction damage is not anywhere close to 'broken'. Is it good? Sure yeah. Is it big enough that C2 will let you beat stuff that you couldn't beat with C0? Meh not really. Especially considering she's already busted enough to beat everything at C0

I don't know why everyone focuses on the reaction crits when obviously the important part is -30% DEF from aggravate. Increasing all your damage, from all sources. Including double-dipping on the reaction crits. It's basically adding an extra VV to your team for free, that also stacks with VV.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Seriouspost: If you love the game and it isn't going to adversely effect your budget, then by all means give money to Paimon with no shame

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Is it worth $300 or whatever? gently caress no but if you have a lot of disposable income it's not that different from buying $300 worth of fancy skins to show off.

Between being on a guarantee and having 14 more days to do stuff, I think I could get away with a $30. I've been F2P for a long time without even Welkin or BP so I can convince myself it's catch-up!

If I decide not to do it, I'll save the proc for Dehya or Yelan.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Let me translate every constellation description for you:
"Spend about $200 to make the game 10% easier"

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Let me translate every constellation description for you:
"Spend about $200 to make the game 10% easier"

Or spend $0 and just skip a lot of banners.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the archon quest went on for 52 minutes after I killed the god. it's easily longer than the movie Heat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Skipping banners for constellations is also pretty bad because like... would you rather have a whole new character or give itto a passive that makes him 5% more effective?

I was gonna say "if you really like the game and wanna support mihoyo just buy stuff from the official merch store instead of buying genesis crystals" but apparently that only sells in China? :rip:
https://twitter.com/deviltakoyaki/status/1585486438321205248

But also they're a billion dollar company and they don't really care if you support them.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Skipping banners for constellations is also pretty bad because like... would you rather have a whole new character or give itto a passive that makes him 5% more effective?

you can only fit four characters on a team, plus you don't have to level that character a second time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thought I should ask just in case, does anyone know a good website for listing your characters and constellations? I don't need it to actually pull my data, just an easy way to show people 'Here's everyone I have and their levels + constellations'

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RareAcumen posted:

Thought I should ask just in case, does anyone know a good website for listing your characters and constellations? I don't need it to actually pull my data, just an easy way to show people 'Here's everyone I have and their levels + constellations'

https://enka.network/ you can generate cards for characters in your profile

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Hoyolab battle chronicle has an "all characters" page. here's mine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

https://enka.network/ you can generate cards for characters in your profile

That I know about, I meant more like, easy to show everyone with

Like, if the game had a way to get that full screen and not have some of them need you to scroll down and show everyone's constellations, I'd just take a screen shot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hoyolab battle chronicle has an "all characters" page. here's mine

I wish it worked for me! That would be perfect. But for some reason it's broken, I tried it on firefox and chrome and it still kicks me out to a blank new tab if I hit that all characters arrow

It just drops that on me, those aren't even my characters!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Go back to the hoyolab main page and then click on battle chronicle again, it should work

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
you have to refresh without cache if you clicked that link

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got Nahida to 60/70 and took her out in the field for the first time.

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on when I use her, but everything’s dying terrifyingly fast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Go back to the hoyolab main page and then click on battle chronicle again, it should work

padijun posted:

you have to refresh without cache if you clicked that link

I'd have to gently caress around with making another email that's not connected and getting it to connect with my PS4 and I just cannot be bothered

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Got Nahida to 60/70 and took her out in the field for the first time.

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on when I use her, but everything’s dying terrifyingly fast.

She's a shameless instagram child, and she's making all the mobs die of embarrassment and also poison ivy and exploding peas or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ooh here's me here's me!

very useful, thank you!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The saddest Itto/Eula...

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if i like itto more than the new character and the reruns that follow, yeah :shrug:

i skipped shenhe and yae to pull xiao c1 and two constellations on ayato’s premiere run respectively. feel like i’m not missing much because ayaka’s been benched since i finished building kokomi and probably won’t come back out until fontaine, and yae is just straight up not fun to play imo

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I'll get around to leveling the others one day.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I've been playing since launch and buying the welkin/bp every month just treating it like a service game. Never bought primos straight up. I have every character except Xiao and Mona(!).

Also never roll on weapon banner and never go for constellations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

ugh, I clicked on the Guides page on the hoyolab website to claim keys for the stupid hilichurl webpage event thing and the first post was just a pic of Yae bending over

haha drat what pervert posted that

where is the post, who made it haha

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

John Lee posted:

haha drat what pervert posted that

where is the post, who made it haha

least horny Genshin poster

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
So many unleveled units orz

Do people not like seeing numbers go up?

(Shenhe was not intentional, never pull for 5 star cons :bahgawd:)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MoonCrab posted:

So many unleveled units orz

Do people not like seeing numbers go up?

Why would I ever focus on leveling units when I can throw 6 weeks of resin directly into the shitter trying to get one usable artifact piece?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

The saddest Itto/Eula...

She belongs there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
None of my banner 5 star cons were surprises

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Candace, Nilou and Nahida massively derailed my master plan to squeeze every "free" ascension fate out of the entire roster. On the plus side, all I need to finish off Nahida is a weekly boss material -_- and trickle of artifact XP from that same boss. MHY pls

BabyRyoga posted:

Why would I ever focus on leveling units when I can throw 6 weeks of resin directly into the shitter trying to get one usable artifact piece?
I feel that pain/rage on a visceral level. Typically fall back to leveling characters/talents for a week when I get to the point of wanting to break my keyboard over artifact RNG. Small guaranteed improvement > medium non-guaranteed improvement.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't understand non-whales rolling for multiple limited 5 stars without leveling them

are you that much of a hoarder?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

A lot of people are hoarders, yeah. That's one of the classic gacha tricks, making people roll on every single character because they desperately want all of them and can't restrain themselves.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My own small crew. I would love to take people to 90 but it feels much more worth it to go broader and just have more team options. Right now I'm torn between Beidou for some kind of electro charged team for Kokomi, or starting the long and arduous process of making some sort of geo team for my newly c6 Noelle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm curious what the game is going to do with hyberbloom once the dendro year is over, because people right now are just styling on abyss with like literal free characters+Nahida because Hyperbloom is that good.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I doubt they'd ever nerf anything because of the gacha problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Maybe once 3.x cools down, they'll add more things resistant/immune to Dendro to reign it back in. They barely added any actual Dendro mobs with 3.0