Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the advertising world is a little weird and kinda unexpectedly complex and musk has zero experience with it and that would all be fine EXCEPT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
does tesla even advertise? i don't even recall ever seeing a tesla commercial or ad in magazine

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Dear lord
https://twitter.com/jredmond/status/1588675418064039937

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

does tesla even advertise? i don't even recall ever seeing a tesla commercial or ad in magazine

they make a big deal of saying they don’t advertise

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Why would you advertise when any moron with a Tesla is like "oh it crashed into a fire hydrant when the iPad just died but I LOVE THE CAR"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

git apologist posted:

they make a big deal of saying they don’t advertise

that's because they are the advertise

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

remembered this and lol'd

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexnauda/status/1588690891526402048?s=46&t=p6y7MCWAKIelvDdr3jVVsQ

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

remembered this and lol'd

it feels like so long ago

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:tesla:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

:moonrio:

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

:munch:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i've got less than 24 hours left on my 48 hours-under bet.

i believe in you twitter!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

You know, where I work is pretty small and a little bit shoestring, but we are ISO27001 compliant, and our Systems team are careful and competent.

They have a firm policy of making no changes to things on a Friday. Not even minor permissions changes. Two full days with just a skeleton / on-call staff is a long time if something turned out to be a big mistake.

I'm just watching Elon gut half the teams keeping Twitter together, while destroying the morale of everyone remaining, while also making everyone too paranoid to use internal communication channels, and doing all of this on a Friday.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

my team broke deployment tooling 4 fridays in a row by Friday-deploying them. Friday deploying is good, deploy all of the days.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
we had a bug roll out on a thursday, I found it and wrote the fix on friday, manager wouldn't let me deploy because it was a friday and I was new enough to not put up a fight

skip-level somehow found out about the bug on sunday, freaked out, and paged the oncall so instead of getting to just quietly roll out the change friday or monday the oncall had to roll out the change on a sunday with his manager and skip breathing down his neck

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

The perfect system to go down, because if other things go wrong, they'll have no idea who to ping to bail those things out.

The little domino has fallen.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
this is my fav part of the thread

looking real healthy, twitter (it does load if I select that tweet)

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1588586186238722048

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

what I’m waiting for after a big outage is for a clear competitor to eventually come up and Elon to start installing word filters in tweets to keep people inside. you know he would.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
via the other thread

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/madrid_mike/status/1588707084165533698

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm just watching Elon gut half the teams keeping Twitter together, while destroying the morale of everyone remaining, while also making everyone too paranoid to use internal communication channels, and doing all of this on a Friday.

thing is musk has absolutely no concept of a 5-day workweek

tweeps gonna be there 7 days a week, 365 days a year, doubly so during the holidays

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

people are having fun with checkmarks

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

You serve 16 tweets, what do you get?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i owe my soul to the company boer

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

:wow:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jonny 290 posted:

I was boern one mornin' when the sun don't shine
I picked up my laptop and I walked to desk: mine
I wrote up 16 gigs of asinine code
and the straw boss said, "well, y'hit the stack rank goal"

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The more I think about this, the more I think Musk got addicted to social media and buying twitter was the next logical step for the world's wealthiest man. Musk sees Twitter as "cool Reddit", and not only can he join the cool kid group, he can buy it and subject all the cool kids to his wacky sense of humor. Buying twitter and then immediately trying to reneg on the deal screams that it was an emotional decision. In the moment, 44 billion dollars was just another cover charge. I think he wants to turn Twitter into X. I think he wants to raise funding with crypto promises. I think he wants to buy time. I think he thinks he can do this. I don't think he's got the juice.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i think he suddenly has to do more thinking and reflection than he ever had to do

considering his track record i doubt he will actually do it though

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gorman Thomas posted:

The more I think about this, the more I think Musk got addicted to social media and buying twitter was the next logical step for the world's wealthiest man. Musk sees Twitter as "cool Reddit", and not only can he join the cool kid group, he can buy it and subject all the cool kids to his wacky sense of humor. Buying twitter and then immediately trying to reneg on the deal screams that it was an emotional decision. In the moment, 44 billion dollars was just another cover charge. I think he wants to turn Twitter into X. I think he wants to raise funding with crypto promises. I think he wants to buy time. I think he thinks he can do this. I don't think he's got the juice.

truly he is a grand example of the dangers of posting

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I think this is a completely foreign world to me. I have no opinion on what one man wants to do with his $44 billion.

other than the

wasted potential. very sad. yospos. bitch.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

holy gently caress it's real

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this one but goatkcd version
https://www.monkeyuser.com/2022/estimate/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Blarghalt posted:

holy gently caress it's real

oh yea he put that bio friday AM

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

yeah we must all sympathize with the pain of the poor richest dude on earth, after he took a hatchet to 3600 peoples livelihood

haha gently caress him

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
pretty sure most of us are laughing at him not with him.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

cant believe musk makes me feel sad for people employed at a social media company AND root for {brands} to succeed in fighting him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oreo's part of Mondelez, one of the hugest conglomerates in the world, right? :lol: at threatening them.