Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By popular demand posted:

How can you climb this high in the corporate ladder without learning that 'people in other countries like different things, even things that seem odd to you'?

This woman is frankly progressive compared to how self destructive and racist a lot of US business owners I had to work with were. Similarly, the person responsible for nearly 50 million dollars in ad spends at a major business was into mixing painkillers and high end wine then approving plans they would later scream at you over once their dissociative episode ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

How can you climb this high in the corporate ladder without learning that 'people in other countries like different things, even things that seem odd to you'?
They think they are the source of all of their own success. It validates their ego rather than recognizing the luck of the dao.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You my friend deserve more than whatever you're getting paid. I'd gladly shovel poo poo for a living instead of taking that.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

January 5 2023

Musk is speedrunning his own destruction

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
23rd September 2024

I reckon they will keep this corpse dragging on for a bit longer.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I can't help myself lately, but I've been starting to look at the comments on stuff like this. So many more chuds are crawling out of the poo poo piles and feeling emboldened. It's like when Trump took office and every two-bit idiot thought that meant it was time to "take back" what was never theirs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PITY BONER posted:

I can't help myself lately, but I've been starting to look at the comments on stuff like this. So many more chuds are crawling out of the poo poo piles and feeling emboldened. It's like when Trump took office and every two-bit idiot thought that meant it was time to "take back" what was never theirs.

While that may be a fair stance have you considered how triggered you are?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Honestly that sounds like a perfect use-case for Mastodon. You've got a special interest group that's looking for an open bulletin board, a dedicated Mastodon instance - with the possibility of linking up with different-industry-Mastodons - is tailor-made for this.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Somfin posted:

December 26, 2022. I think he sells it at a horrendous loss before the year is out.

Who would buy it after he's hosed it sideways by sacking half the staff and losing half the advertisers and flooding it with fake-verified checkmarks?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Musk had reaffirmed my belief in the power of human stupidity, someone will buy the smouldering ruin and do absolutely nothing interesting with it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hoping for a yahoo! style buy for several billion sell for a few million

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Musk had reaffirmed my belief in the power of human stupidity, someone will buy the smouldering ruin and do absolutely nothing interesting with it.

The brand name will probably be worth a few bucks. It'll even have a bit of notoriety post-Musk. By way of comparison, someone bought tumblr after it was driven into the ground:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1161097548863610880?s=20&t=WkEFJT4vpKe-mnVjr01Pyg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not overlook Yahoo! paying 5.7 billion for broadcast.com and shutting it down in a few years while refusing to buy google twice

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Omobono posted:

I'm feeling optimistic, bird death on may 15th, '23.

Since I'm such an optimist: this should be a serious blow to the Cult of Musk, right?
Obviously most bazingas are going to keep screaming the Musk is not owned, as they shrink into fascist corncobs, but since he's directly loving with/killing one of journalists' favourite toy this should be an end to the fawning press coverage, right?
Most journalists are not bazingas, just common morons like you* or me, and motherfucker is killing their toy.

*Ok, they're probably dumber than the average goon

I just want to believe.

I doubt it. He will blame "the left" and his cult will lap it up, backed up by a large amount of republicans. We're already seeing that with this "advertiser boycott".

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Free speech is being choked by the free market telling Elon to get hosed is about it?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Free speech is being choked by the free market telling Elon to get hosed is about it?

There are people yelling at that accessibility programmer from upthread saying "you didn't allow free speech, get hosed". Just amazing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?

Give me April 1 2023

And if Twitter folds or gets sold before the end of the year, we need gang tags

Unlucky7 posted:

It is surreal watching something that I spent a whole lot of time on, for better or worse, disintegrate in real time.

One person I follow on twitter predicted that there would be a huge security disaster and it may be better to delete your account before that happens. I thought that may have been an exaggeration but going by today...I dunno...

The cool thing is that it seems like Twitter doesn't actually delete accounts, it just "deactivates" them. Any personal information you put out there is still fair game for getting leaked in a security breach, lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Twitter once came to me and was like, you spend shitloads of money with us, so were gonna offer you beta access to our new product. For only 1million usd you will get a... custom emoji!!!

Anyway I passed and like 6 months later that million dollar emoji was a pack in bonus to my standard plan for no extra cost.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Roblo posted:

There are people yelling at that accessibility programmer from upthread saying "you didn't allow free speech, get hosed". Just amazing.

Yeah JFC. I usually always avoid twitter comments but reading those made me nope the gently caress out for good. :suicide:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Has he fired the people who pay the server or electricity bills? because that’ll make it 28 December 2022 as the death date if he has.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Because people like that often don't climb. They're born on third and eased into executive positions while everybody else breaks their back to make up for their incompetence.

That, or they did their grunt work 30 years ago when the world was a different place, and now that they're the boss they aren't required to keep up.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 5, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also I know Elon you don't read this but please offer me your services to commit crimes with in Japan. I wanna have that meeting, Im not joking. I hit my targets for the year months ago, I got nothing but free time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know guys, seems like the Visa lady was right?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Roblo posted:

I doubt it. He will blame "the left" and his cult will lap it up, backed up by a large amount of republicans. We're already seeing that with this "advertiser boycott".

:smith:

I just want to believe
(Don't we have a "I want to believe" UFO emoticon? I can't find it right now)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Also I know Elon you don't read this but please offer me your services to commit crimes with in Japan. I wanna have that meeting, Im not joking. I hit my targets for the year months ago, I got nothing but free time.

Wouldn't be surprised if Elon had an account here.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Couldn't be, Musk isn't great at keeping a low profile.
He'd be the most obvious army of strangely pro-techbro sock puppets.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Couldn't be, Musk isn't great at keeping a low profile.
He'd be the most obvious army of strangely pro-techbro sock puppets.

He was Seraph all along

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Unperson_47 posted:

He was Seraph all along

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Craig K posted:

"Is Wario A Pedophile" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,
He's no Dizzy the Egg.

Anyway I'm choosing the twitter death date of January 2nd, or 3rd if the 2nd is a public holiday in the US. He's going to come down off his new years booze and drugs and being kissed by people he paid to hang out with him and pull the plugs when he sees everyone making fun of him again.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Elon had an account here.

It's probably best to not draw his attention to it, lest he make Jeff a ridiculous offer he can't refuse, and then drives it into the ground too for being mean to him.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I think Elon will hold onto twitter for an entire year to not seem like a failure and then announce that he has "fixed" the platform and sell it for nothing. he'll claim he did it for humanity so money was never the point.

My guess would be 1st November 2023.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
October 25th 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
In a surprise twist, Twitter is now only available on Mars

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

August 1, 2023

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Western enlightened civilization has been kidnapped by woke wacko social justice warriors. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue western civilization by constantly posting racist slurs at random people you don't like?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Unperson_47 posted:

He was Seraph all along

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 5, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

Western enlightened civilization has been kidnapped by woke wacko social justice warriors. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue western civilization by constantly posting racist slurs at random people you don't like?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SpiritOfLenin posted:

January 5 2023

Musk is speedrunning his own destruction

his intensely fragile self-worth aside, if he has a notional 200 billion net worth he could lose 99.5% of his money and still be a billionaire, so he'll probably be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

holy poo poo