Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Fattest PI posted:

haha I know speng loves that helldump kinda jazz and has quoted that post 30 odd times now, but for the record that was me being devastatingly affected by a video I saw. I wasn't exactly cheering it on

my helldumping (post history button) can confirm that most of your posting is just extremely tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I can't argue with that

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

iCe-CuBe. posted:

You are going to need to be way, way more specific.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

the small text is very perplexing. really nothing to fit in there. can't make it too annoying politics guy. self referential too cringe, etc

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

i don't think dugin's views materially changed because of the assassination, he was always a psycho, maybe he's more of one now, who can really say

i will say a hearty gently caress you to the people itt when it happened for continuing to post the picture of dugin in the street reacting to his daughter's murder.

im sure he is and always has been a piece of poo poo but that photo and the glee people seemed to have about posting it was one of those that really hit me with the psychic damage good.

I have a confession to make. I know nothing about dugin and even when the car bomb that killed his daughter happened and I saw his distraught photo I still didn't look up anything about him. Couldn't care less about his opinions because he's clearly some domestic demagogue over there. Plenty of people like that all over the world, all interchangable. All people I don't personally want to know.

But blowing up someone's kid right in front of them is harsh. Not cool. At least have the cold mercy to kill both at once, if that's the thing you're into.

Probably a good thing I'm not in a position of power to do with anything related to this because the logical extrapolation inevitable ends with "well if everyone is dead no mourning right? lets just wipe the planet clean of life" and that's probably a terrible plan deserving only of a poorly illustrated indie comic book.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Making me do all this extra work of removing a letter :mad:

Anyways yeah, probably better without the usaid tagline unless any of you funny guys think of something.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

the small text is very perplexing. really nothing to fit in there. can't make it too annoying politics guy. self referential too cringe, etc

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

speng31b posted:

probably ought to stay that way

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Fattest PI posted:

I'm glad there's a new thread. I was threadbanned from the old one

Post better or you'll be banned from this one too. Pointing out weird poo poo you said on the topic of this thread within the last year isn't helldumping.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Why would you helldump him by quoting his post

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

DancingShade posted:

I have a confession to make. I know nothing

hell, same

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Because I love to helldump people, duh

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lol i like it. I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas for the smaller text, but this works for me.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Why would you helldump him by quoting his post

he sourced his quote in a helldump, that's like two violations of the posting convention at the same time

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

But blowing up someone's kid right in front of them is harsh. Not cool. At least have the cold mercy to kill both at once, if that's the thing you're into.

Tbf I get the feeling that that was the idea, and they just bungled it and then didn't want to admit they bungled it.

e:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1588662195432599552

"WE'RE ready to negotiate, THEY'RE not."

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Nov 5, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

In all seriousness, thread bans are stupid. I have a serious case of poster name and av blindness for most generic war thread freaks, so if your post is annoying enough that I feel like clicking your post history button to see what your dysfunction is, that's a problem that can be solved by posting better.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

speng31b posted:

In all seriousness, thread bans are stupid. I have a serious case of poster name and av blindness for most generic war thread freaks, so if your post is annoying enough that I feel like clicking your post history button to see what your dysfunction is, that's a problem that can be solved by posting better.

if your posting is bad enough to get threadbanned, you should just be regular banned

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

if your posting is bad enough to get threadbanned, you should just be regular banned

:agreed:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ukreagan

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

I have a confession to make. I know nothing about dugin and even when the car bomb that killed his daughter happened and I saw his distraught photo I still didn't look up anything about him. Couldn't care less about his opinions because he's clearly some domestic demagogue over there. Plenty of people like that all over the world, all interchangable. All people I don't personally want to know.

i don't like war, and there's no easy way to say this, but darya dugina loved war and really embraced it. that doesn't make killing her right or cool, but it's better to love peace than war.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Atrocious Joe posted:

Europe won't have the industrial capacity to replace those weapon systems domestically, so it's also future sales for US weapons manufacturers

In an interesting turn it appears the US is losing out on weapons sales to Europe to South Korea.

Better call Seoul: U.S. watches nervously as Europe turns to South Korea for weapons.

Poland for example won't be buying HIMARS, but Chunmoos instead.

quote:

And last month, Poland signed a contract with South Korean company Hanwha Defense for 288 Chunmoo multiple rocket launchers, with the first batch arriving next year, instead of waiting years to begin receiving the U.S.-made High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems.

Poland was initially seeking as many as 500 HIMARS from the U.S., but at an Oct. 19 signing ceremony with his South Korean counterpart, Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak explained that “unfortunately due to limited industrial capabilities, it will not be possible for the equipment to be delivered in a satisfactory timeframe. Therefore, we started talks with South Korea — our proven partner.”

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OhFunny posted:

In an interesting turn it appears the US is losing out on weapons sales to Europe to South Korea.

Better call Seoul: U.S. watches nervously as Europe turns to South Korea for weapons.

Poland for example won't be buying HIMARS, but Chunmoos instead.

Only makes sense really. US production can't ramp up fast enough to meet demand in areas like that. There's supposedly still wiggle room for helicopters and planes though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
thats really weird, the smartest posters have been assuring me that the west has an infinite supply of weapons that is can just keep pouring into ukraine forever

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

thats really weird, the smartest posters have been assuring me that the west has an infinite supply of weapons that is can just keep pouring into ukraine forever

They do its just that uh some of them might be on back order with an ETA in the next 5 years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol the Europeans all voted against a resolution that combats glorifying Nazism

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588823759640666112?s=46&t=XL4fulbwyU6CWh7zGu5zHw

looks like the whites are gonna be wildin’ out again in the next few years so China and everyone else better get ready

happy to see my shining beacon of freedom country vote against Nazism 💪🇸🇦

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Nov 5, 2022

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Majorian posted:

Your posts are an infantile disorder.

it pains me to quote this but

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

haha I know speng loves that helldump kinda jazz and has quoted that post 30 odd times now, but for the record that was me being devastatingly affected by a video I saw. I wasn't exactly cheering it on

also gently caress off

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

lol the Europeans all voted against a resolution that combats glorifying Nazism

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588823759640666112?s=46&t=XL4fulbwyU6CWh7zGu5zHw

looks like the whites are gonna be wildin’ out again in the next few years so China and everyone else better get ready

happy to see my shining beacon of freedom country vote against Nazism 💪🇸🇦

Hugo Boss shares maybe going up.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Majorian posted:

Tbf I get the feeling that that was the idea, and they just bungled it and then didn't want to admit they bungled it.

e:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1588662195432599552

"WE'RE ready to negotiate, THEY'RE not."

Cool. Cool cool cool.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was at a wedding this afternoon.

Unknowingly walking into a Latin mass is a weird way to find out your brother's new in-laws might be TradCath, but the part that's relevant to this thread is that at the end of the ceremony, there's a special prayer for the intercession of the Lord for the conversion of Russia.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Unknowingly walking into a Latin mass is a weird way to find out your brother's new in-laws might be TradCath, but the part that's relevant to this thread is that at the end of the ceremony, there's a special prayer for the intercession of the Lord for the conversion of Russia.

Anger about the reformation in 1517 never ended. They'll start with the eastern orthodox churches, then take out the lutherans (because nobody cares about them) and finish off by purging the protestants, again.

Then once that's all done I imagine we'll go back to outlawing the printing press and limiting literacy to the nobility and priesthood.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maybe the people against peace negotiations are only familiar with negotiation tactics like those followed by the Democrats (i.e. give the other party everything they want), and while they will vocally state this is the best the Dems can do, they really know it is a raw deal.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lol all this catholic slander while FF is exiled.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

Men would rather wage an eschatological war against the antichrist than get therapy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

so that's why ff is so invested in this war

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Then once that's all done I imagine we'll go back to outlawing the printing press and limiting literacy to the nobility and priesthood.

don’t threaten us with a good time

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Tankbuster posted:

gently caress Catholicism tbh

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
violent Christian sectarianism coming back after all this time is such a good gently caress you to Christopher hitchens and all of those other racist weirdo new atheist freaks who had a bone to pick with Islam and no one else.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its less christian and more like Kaiser Willy's nightmare of the white and asiatic races fighting. Russia is the latter of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tankbuster posted:

As a coreligionist I am obliged to defend my brother in Christ