Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

GTO posted:

Sunwell is terrible right? Like, the cheaper you make it the worse it is. Or am I missing something?
Cabalist's Tome saw play during Whispers of the Old Gods and it was 5-mana, get 3 random Mage spells. Sunwell feels like a card that you'll be able to use in a control deck where you'll occasionally have turns where you don't need to do anything in particular and can just add a bunch of value to your hand.

(But there's also a chance you'll get four copies of Glacial Mysteries.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

NorgLyle posted:

Cabalist's Tome saw play during Whispers of the Old Gods and it was 5-mana, get 3 random Mage spells. Sunwell feels like a card that you'll be able to use in a control deck where you'll occasionally have turns where you don't need to do anything in particular and can just add a bunch of value to your hand.

(But there's also a chance you'll get four copies of Glacial Mysteries.)

Cabalist's Tome gave mage spells to a mage though. You were far more likely to get something usable.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Ugh been trying for 6 games to find a chance to play sindragosa and trigger her deathrattles for the quest but I'm always already dead or too close to dying.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oenis posted:

Ugh been trying for 6 games to find a chance to play sindragosa and trigger her deathrattles for the quest but I'm always already dead or too close to dying.

Will this quest trigger in a game with friends? I don't play mage and need to get this done too, so if you (or anyone else) want to help cheese this out I'm open

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

there's a sweet spot around 4/5 mana where it generates you 5/6 spells

really it depends how much you value random spells, which you probably don't unless you're playing an extreme value game or Burgle Rogue

I'm playing to have fun, damnit. GIVE ME GLACIAL SECRETS AS WARRIOR.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Will this quest trigger in a game with friends? I don't play mage and need to get this done too, so if you (or anyone else) want to help cheese this out I'm open

I dont know but if anyone itt is willing to try it to find out i'm raphandz#1189

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Managed to do it in casual after eventually queueing into a mage with the same idea. Best of luck to you!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

It will work with friends!

DesertBus#1367 if anyone needs to complete it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Has anyone received their twitch drops yet? I've claimed them but they haven't hit the game yet.

I've been playing bomblock on ladder. Feels good if you dodge aggro (and sometimes it feels good into aggro, defile is a hell of a card).

### bombs
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Grimoire of Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Wicked Shipment
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Impending Catastrophe
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 1x (4) Tamsin's Phylactery
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 2x (5) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (6) Dreadlich Tamsin
# 2x (6) Entitled Customer
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAcn1AgbX7QPy7QOwkQTxkQSXoATbuQQMvfEDxvkDgvsDg/sDxYAEsZ8E5qAE56AEiLAEm9QE/9kEyOsFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I've been playing into casual with disposable decks to trigger the event quests and over all everyone has been respectful. Play decks that are not designed to win but are just all the lifesteal things, I'll let you do that. Need to get singdragosa poo poo done, go for it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Ah shoot, I completely forgot about the twitch drops.

Sindragosa took me I think 6 games of Big Spell Mage before I was able to play her, maybe more. I'm liking these more specific quests, I made a Keleseth Pirate Rogue for that quest that actually felt pretty strong.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I've been doing quests in casual wild for ages with the tried and true method of taking all the card draw and cheap defensives battlecries as the shell and then whatever cards I need for questing. It works well once you understand that your goal isn't to win but to survive and clear your quests. Sometimes you encounter full aggro and need to move on but more often than not I end up killing myself after decking out with coldlights and whatever draw I got left.

Sindragosa quest was done in one try that way

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 5, 2022

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Man. This game sucks, huh?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sankara posted:

What aren't you liking about it, friend?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Sankara posted:

Lol and/or lmao.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
*plays a single match as a combo deck, and theotar steals a vital piece* this game has gone Woke

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

*board gets wiped once* Control is too powerful in this game....

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sankara posted:

play Marvel SNAP. You'll know if you like it or not in fifteen minutes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I do often feel like a lot of complaints I see sometimes boil down to “[class/deck I just lost against] is too overpowered!!”

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The main reason I'm not enjoying this meta is that I've had absolutely atrocious luck with legendries and am missing key ones for a lot of current decks.

Except somehow I can build a Control Shaman list which has a dust cost of 22k.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I don't know how, or when,

but one day Scourge Rager's battlecry will create a degenerate combo, and I'm all for it :rip:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

hey i got to seven goldens.

why are naga goldens so atrocious? I feel like most of the other archetypes get 'same as if you own two' but divine shield and windfury snakes specifically get bumpkis.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sankara posted:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY POP UP ADS? LIKE WHAT THE poo poo EVERY loving MENU WHY DID THEY MAKE THIS GAME FEEL SO CHEAP

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I imagine there would be some synergy with a golden lava lurker, though people who know things will probably correct me

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

kater posted:

why are naga goldens so atrocious? I feel like most of the other archetypes get 'same as if you own two' but divine shield and windfury snakes specifically get bumpkis.

Those are pretty much the only bad ones. Athissa/Orgozoa/Wrangler/Brute/Myrmidon are all A++ triples.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

At least for the windfury one it would make sense to give megawindfury instead. And the other could in theory give two DS spells although I could see why they wouldn't want to do that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
About this Battle Bash in Battlegrounds: I get one free hammer. To get more, I have to pay for two more, and then I’ll earn the ability to get more as I get top 4 placements. I do not get any after the initial free one unless I pay.

Am I interpreting that right?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dr Christmas posted:

About this Battle Bash in Battlegrounds: I get one free hammer. To get more, I have to pay for two more, and then I’ll earn the ability to get more as I get top 4 placements. I do not get any after the initial free one unless I pay.

Am I interpreting that right?

Correct.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The hammer bash thing seems a very elaborate way to lay out what is basically ‘pay this much and get everything in the box’ because getting a half dozen top 4 finishes in a month or two is trivial and you do just keep going til you get everything. That they even bother to do the whole odds thing and randomise your prizes only matters if you’re going to keep giving away 1 freebie each time.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I disenchant old cards that are on Wild sets, and if in the future Blizz decides to put some of the old stuff in a new Core set, I'm not gonna get hosed right?

On the other hand I assume some cards on Core set that go away are not gonna magically appear in my account once they're gone

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

frajaq posted:

If I disenchant old cards that are on Wild sets, and if in the future Blizz decides to put some of the old stuff in a new Core set, I'm not gonna get hosed right?

On the other hand I assume some cards on Core set that go away are not gonna magically appear in my account once they're gone

Nope. You always get all the cards in the Core set while they're in the Core set, and they disappear from your collection again when they leave the Core set. If you have the cards already, it just means you have some separate extra copies in your collection.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

That's right. Core is its own thing independent of your collection; if you own Bolf Ramshield, dust him now and then he's added to next year's Core, you'll get a new one with the set launch.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

frajaq posted:

The answer to both of your questions is Yes and Yes, they are just worded weirdly.

e.g. Core set last year included Cogmaster and Baron Rivendare, I did not have the Goblins vs Gnomes version of Cogmaster before, but I have the original Baron Rivendare from Naxxramas.

When both of these cards rotated out for Core Set 2022 the core versions of both are gone, but my Naxx Baron Rivendare is still in my collection.

edit: changed example to actual reality

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 5, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I do often feel like a lot of complaints I see sometimes boil down to “[class/deck I just lost against] is too overpowered!!”

That's my complaint now, stupid Ice Mages (don't look at my actual win percentage)

Their skeletons always explode into my face even when I have a full board up. And they keep getting armor. Totally not fair and broken.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 6, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont think freeze ping mage is overpowered at all

but MAN is it frustrating to have the game stalled for 6-8 turns with very little counterplay possible

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I also got 150 free packs which gave me 3 golden legendaries, and I was sitting on about 13k dust amd 3700 gold, so now I’ll sit and wait for the expansion so I can craft a Death Knight deck on release and give that a whirl. I want to play constructed, but I haven’t in 2 years and 150 packs isn’t enough to get me the cards I would need to build one of the decks I’d be interested in (Naga Priest) and still have enough dust for the expansion. I’ve always dusted extra cards and got rid of single copies of gold, so I can play now or play later, but both both.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

this next expansion is gonna suck for F2P if they keep this pricing structure of 2000g for the DK cards

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

I dont think freeze ping mage is overpowered at all

but MAN is it frustrating to have the game stalled for 6-8 turns with very little counterplay possible

Nah, I was joking to vent it definitely isn't overpowered but it is annoying to me personally.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AnacondaHL posted:

this next expansion is gonna suck for F2P if they keep this pricing structure of 2000g for the DK cards

Yeah it's immediately 20 packs off of my usual starting point for a set which was generally only 50ish packs to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Its a one off to give them a card poll equivalent to other classes that have had expansion cards without retroactively adding dk cards to the last 2 expansions