Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jose Mengelez posted:

apparently it only costs 16 dollars to ride the metro exodus train?

also lmao at stable diffusion's interpretation of a ushanka in your shiny new bernietar.

ngl i want one of those pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1588650833268334594

i think the rwa guys are done with war and just really like old timey trains now. probably a fond reminder of the monarchy

I took an overnight train from Moscow to Petersburg once, and it was like this. Very pretty, although I wish I had taken it during the daytime so I could see the landscape. Russia got the nice trains.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol, RWN debunked this. He apparently drank about a normal amount for a dude in his class in that era, that stuff was all propaganda from other west point grads that were jealous of his success.

Debunking is liberal bullshit

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

Debunking is liberal bullshit

Modern liberals pretty much are monarchists

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

don’t threaten us with a good time

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Majorian posted:

I took an overnight train from Moscow to Petersburg once, and it was like this. Very pretty, although I wish I had taken it during the daytime so I could see the landscape. Russia got the nice trains.

it’s very nice and quite fun how they just keep trying to get you to buy something off the snack trolley which consists of caviar, vodka and weird nescafé

just nonstop caviar

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KomradeX posted:

Modern liberals pretty much are monarchists

S-shut up! We just want every single one of the Obamas (NOT MALIK) to be President for the rest of our lives because of the feels.:qq:

For content:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1588935995948515330

lmao, say what you will about the Ukrainian government, they've got balls.

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s very nice and quite fun how they just keep trying to get you to buy something off the snack trolley which consists of caviar, vodka and weird nescafé

just nonstop caviar

lol right? I didn't know how to say "gently caress you, I'm trying to sleep" in Russian at the time.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think this is the thread where people suggested unity of command was a good game to play and while this is true i keep getting completely owned by two german armoured divisions when i try to do the optional objectives in operation overlord

considering just not trying to secure the bridge to belgium or w/e

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lmao at the gop being legit conflicted between giving nothing more to ukraine and wanting to give them all the money because iran is helping russia

the ghost of john mccain roaming the halls of congress plaintively wailing "bomb iran bomb bomb iran booooommmm iraaaaaannn...."

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Majorian posted:

S-shut up! We just want every single one of the Obamas (NOT MALIK) to be President for the rest of our lives because of the feels.:qq:

For content:

lol right? I didn't know how to say "gently caress you, I'm trying to sleep" in Russian at the time.

the trick is to answer the door naked, they stopped after that

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

lmao at the gop being legit conflicted between giving nothing more to ukraine and wanting to give them all the money because iran is helping russia

the ghost of john mccain roaming the halls of congress plaintively wailing "bomb iran bomb bomb iran booooommmm iraaaaaannn...."

how are they legit conflicted? it's one or two people without any policy making power giving a fig leaf towards it, they're going to all line up to support the war as soon as possible

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Majorian posted:

Yeah, it is (or war) honestly my preferred way to travel if I had a choice as long as the journey is around under 800-1000km.

The new trains are pretty nice and I think it is just a lot more comfortable than a car/bus/plane and a HSR train as well. It really depends if you need to immediately be somewhere or not.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:discourse:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

For content:

Big Israel getting in on the trying to goad the US into war on Iran

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

speng31b posted:

how are they legit conflicted? it's one or two people without any policy making power giving a fig leaf towards it, they're going to all line up to support the war as soon as possible

it's a conflict between "not one penny to blow up white people" and "but those white people are allied with Iran who we openly fantasize about bathing in nuclear hellfire"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1588946537110941696

Sounds like they're expecting more missile strikes in the very near future. Glad I'm not there.:smith:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Majorian posted:

Exactly the same! Got free caviar too. Probably the best train ride I've ever had.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1588946537110941696

Sounds like they're expecting more missile strikes in the very near future. Glad I'm not there.:smith:

I don't think the missile strikes ever let up. Their energy infrastructure has continued exploding day after day per reports from Al Jazeera (and a million random tweets)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1588726377687416834?s=20&t=lSGNz4RQoGK93_OBKaSVag

slava ukraini

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

it's a conflict between "not one penny to blow up white people" and "but those white people are allied with Iran who we openly fantasize about bathing in nuclear hellfire"

I don't think Republicans stand on principle against blowing up white people, they're just waiting until the handshake with lil Z and Cold War 2 benefits them personally.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Men would rather wage an eschatological war against the antichrist than get therapy

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

new vlasov army just dropped

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

samogonka posted:

uh, i really wonder what they try to achieve with such statements

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1588823475514314752

For the blood & soil lovers out there... we're gonna deport every one of these suckers!!!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that is a very israel thing to do, to be fair

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Has anyone sat likely next-speaker Kevin McCarthy down and explained to him foreign aid as an instrument of american hegemony or not yet? I feel like he's high enough up that they have to have before and he maybe just didn't give a gently caress, but who knows.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

samogonka posted:

uh, i really wonder what they try to achieve with such statements

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1588823475514314752

I suspect there's a bit of a game of telephone going on here, because 800,000 is a third of Crimea's total population. Or just the usual ethnonationalist big talk that the Daily Mail loves. Either way, in the unlikely event that Ukraine retakes Crimea, I strongly doubt their military will be in any position to undertake such a mass deportation.

e: there would be a hell of a lot of refugees though, so I dunno, maybe that's what they're talking about?

Majorian has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Nov 5, 2022

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Yeah that's not reassuring. The Nazi's originally wanted to deport the Jews to Madagascar, and when that proved logistically impossible well...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah that's not reassuring. The Nazi's originally wanted to deport the Jews to Madagascar, and when that proved logistically impossible well...

after hearing this i also want to deport the jews to madagascar. we could have had black israelite wakanda for god sakes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Slava Hillary Clintoni

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I suspect there's a bit of a game of telephone going on here, because 800,000 is a third of Crimea's total population. Or just the usual ethnonationalist big talk that the Daily Mail loves. Either way, in the unlikely event that Ukraine retakes Crimea, I strongly doubt their military will be in any position to undertake such a mass deportation.

that twitter account is basically just an unfiltered stream of posts that are super rah rah about Ukraine's military and intelligence state. They post a lot about how the mayors in exile are compiling kill lists of collaborating kindergarten teachers and postal workers, and repost SBU notices of collaborators with personal details constantly. It's not a good source of factual information, but it's meant for an internal audience saying the stuff that gets them hot for more war and purges.

Basically if you want to see people saying the quiet part out loud that account does it constantly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

I'm guessing mass extermination of ethnic Russians in Ukraine is probably not logistically feasible either, so...

Do you...maybe want to reconsider this post that you just made?:)

Majorian has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Nov 5, 2022

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
QCS thread incoming

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Could the US, Russia or Ukraine try to trigger an Icelandic volcano eruption to prevent the other side from flying airplanes at certain altitudes?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Majorian posted:

e: there would be a hell of a lot of refugees though, so I dunno, maybe that's what they're talking about?
https://news.yahoo.com/800-000-russians-illegally-moved-164500569.html

They're just preparing the ground for "all the ethnic russians living here are illegal migrants and have no rights" as a basis of all policy going forward, same poo poo that India is doing with the citizen registries and "Bengalis"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Homeless Friend.... do Jewish people WANT to be deported to Madagascar? Did you even think to ask first?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It turns out that if you deny the humanity and citizenship rights of a very large class of people, you can cast yourself as tolerant just for letting them exist in their own houses for another day!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

https://news.yahoo.com/800-000-russians-illegally-moved-164500569.html

They're just preparing the ground for "all the ethnic russians living here are illegal migrants and have no rights" as a basis of all policy going forward, same poo poo that India is doing with the citizen registries and "Bengalis"

Cool cool cool.:stare:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

according to the 2001 ukrainian census, crimea + sevastopol (administratively separate) had a combined population of 2.4 million. according to the 2021 russian census, crimea + sevastopol had a combined population of... close to 2.5 million. it is difficult to believe there are 800 thousand russians who only moved there after 2014 lol.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Cool cool cool.:stare:

you absolutely do not have to hand it the Ukrainian military

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Majorian posted:

I'm guessing mass extermination of ethnic Russians in Ukraine is probably not logistically feasible either, so...

I both hope that this is true, and also not the only reason this will not take place.