Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I know it's just to fulfill The Algorithm but these are prime examples of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So.... Pizza?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What if your Uber driver showed up with pizza AND sucked you off?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey look it's always going to be one or the other. Everyone knows it's never going to be both.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey now, I didn't order extra sausage!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I drop to a knee and propose

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If they're doing the combo right you should be dropping to unsteady knees already

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Stuffed crust was the best thing to happen to crust in the past 20 years. Less crust, more cheese.

quick edit: we have tavern style pizza here (very thin square cut) and there's barely any crust on the edges and they're all crispy. But a standard triangle cut pizza has a lot more and it's always dry unless you eat it before it cools like... at all.

Preach

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Piques one's interest.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I bet it's pretty good actually

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that man's name? adolph hitler.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*slams pizza place table* pine, pine, pine, pine, pine!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I got a Detroit-esque deep dish from Little Caesar's today, and the crust was all screwed up. It was the normal thickness, but it had none of the crispy caramelization on the side or the extra oil you expect with deep dish. It was just very plain toasted dough, and it was weirdly shaped so it stuck up an extra half inch over the pizza everywhere. Did they totally change up how they make those things, or did my local shop just gently caress things up yet again?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't had deep dish in a long time. I want to get it sometime soon. It's been a few years I think and I'm sure we have a few places around here that do it.

gently caress the haters. It's a once in a great while thing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Story of my life :smith:

I'm eating a frozen pizza tonight, fuckthe haters indeed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had an unexpected overnight layover in Chicago once, and really wanted to try deep dish pizza, but I got in too late and left too early, I couldnt find anywhere that was open. Someday maybe.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I am pretty sure I became lactose intolerant after eating a comically-deep dish pizza. It was pretty much an actual pie but the filling was cheese and sauce and pepperoni. Like 3 inches thick of filling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I had an unexpected overnight layover in Chicago once, and really wanted to try deep dish pizza, but I got in too late and left too early, I couldnt find anywhere that was open. Someday maybe.

And that is where Jesus carried your cholesterol number down a few points

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

deep dish peat moss posted:

I am pretty sure I became lactose intolerant after eating a comically-deep dish pizza. It was pretty much an actual pie but the filling was cheese and sauce and pepperoni. Like 3 inches thick of filling.

Yeah dude. That's a run of the mill standard deep dish.

For someone who eats deep dish enough to make it your name, I'd hope that'd you'd understand.

But I guess it's just peat moss. :(

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got a Detroit-esque deep dish from Little Caesar's today, and the crust was all screwed up. It was the normal thickness, but it had none of the crispy caramelization on the side or the extra oil you expect with deep dish. It was just very plain toasted dough, and it was weirdly shaped so it stuck up an extra half inch over the pizza everywhere. Did they totally change up how they make those things, or did my local shop just gently caress things up yet again?

I got a couple deep-deep dish detroit styles for a work party a week and a half ago. And they were fine, looked just like their advertisements. Sounds like the location you went to hosed it up.

I have a Little Caesars a couple blocks from me and one a couple miles away. I go to the one a couple miles away because the closer one just completely fucks things up every time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I got a couple deep-deep dish detroit styles for a work party a week and a half ago. And they were fine, looked just like their advertisements. Sounds like the location you went to hosed it up.

I have a Little Caesars a couple blocks from me and one a couple miles away. I go to the one a couple miles away because the closer one just completely fucks things up every time.

Good to know, at least I can gamble that my place will still get it right sometimes.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pretty funny that Little Caesar’s is based in the Detroit area and happens to be an exemplar of a Detroit style pizza kinda completely by accident

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Aren't deep dish (i.e. Chicago) and Detroit styles mutually exclusive? A Detroit is basically an extra chewy, extra crisp Sicilian whereas the crust to topping ratio is inverted for a Chicago (never had a proper Chicago, but get Detroit on the reg :btroll:)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Detroit and deep dish are not the same.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah Detroit is good. Also Pizza Hut is running a national ad campaign about Detroit-style pizza. Its time has come, and there's no excuse to not know about it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine inventing Detroit style and being like just wait, another 50 years

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Sounds like to me the store just used regular dough instead of deep dish dough for that pie. It makes a big difference cause when you make them to spec they are supposed to sit and proof in the pans for 45 minutes then you put them in the walk in for what's supposed to be 18 hours.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Randabis posted:

Sounds like to me the store just used regular dough instead of deep dish dough for that pie. It makes a big difference cause when you make them to spec they are supposed to sit and proof in the pans for 45 minutes then you put them in the walk in for what's supposed to be 18 hours.

Yeah, that makes sense. It seemed like their regular pizza crust, but I wasn't sure what all differences there'd be in the process before getting ready for the oven.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

wheres the hotsauce? its an integral part of chicken and waffles. also i want to eat that pizza

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
chicago style is actually just tavern style square cut.

deep dish is just more popular outside of the city, so everyone confuses it as chicago style.

anyway, deep dish in chicago is godly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. It seemed like their regular pizza crust, but I wasn't sure what all differences there'd be in the process before getting ready for the oven.

Yeah a batch of deep dish makes 30 pizzas but is also used for Italian cheese bread. Odds are they ran out and didn't want to or have time to make a batch of deep dish dough (uses a different mix packet and also has additional yeast added). It takes more time especially since they recently changed the way it is prepped (for the better).

RIP old world pepperoni LTO is over.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qwatup44bi1vij12m.mp4

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo that's a blast from the past

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Would 💯 eat that pizza but it's probably cold by now

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who's ready for

https://twitter.com/jaydestro/status/1589351273358577665

T H E  G O B B L E R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cranberry should be mandatory. Otherwise it's County Jail Turkey a la King Pizza