Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Head chef is apparently being pissy again because he couldn't hear me say goodbye after I briefly came back to work yesterday to grab my bicycle and poo poo. Now he's threatening to not make my shift meal. So okay. That's fine. gently caress him. gently caress this rear end in a top hat. I'll just hit the donburi place or whatever. gently caress it. I don't have much to do now. I'll just go home for lunch. gently caress this hard-on.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Or tell him that he has to make you your loving food, like what's the benefit of trying to be amicable with this gently caress. You'll never salvage any relationship with him, tell him to piss up a rope

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Barudak posted:

My former boss is being paid somewhere around 800,000 usd a year to move back to his home country and attend one meeting a month to confirm they don't need him to do anything until 2024 at the earliest.

Does anyone at your job actually do anything?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chaotic Flame posted:

Does anyone at your job actually do anything?

The department secretary has had to do a lot of planning and reimbursements for parties.

Jokes aside, the folks in logistics and other departments are absolutely doing their jobs all the time, its just in my section we're basically going "well guess we can nap till January"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Or tell him that he has to make you your loving food, like what's the benefit of trying to be amicable with this gently caress. You'll never salvage any relationship with him, tell him to piss up a rope

I honestly don't loving care. I'm not risking this psycho pissing in my pasta or whatever. gently caress him.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Escape From Noise posted:

I honestly don't loving care. I'm not risking this psycho pissing in my pasta or whatever. gently caress him.

Yeah, there are some people that you don't want to get pissy with, like the people who prepare the things that go in your body, or the people who hold sharp objects near your neck.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Does the idiot cook always say hello and goodbye to you? Every single day? Lose your poo poo at him if he ever forgets.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Volmarias posted:

Yeah, there are some people that you don't want to get pissy with, like the people who prepare the things that go in your body, or the people who hold sharp objects near your neck.

Yeah. I'm just going home for lunch from now on. It's not worth groveling to this jerk for mediocre pasta. He'll just keep finding reasons I've somehow slighted him no matter what I do. If this continues I have plenty of options nearby as well.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Is he like this with everyone or just you? If not why is he singling you out?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Clearly the answer is to piss in his beer before he pisses in your pasta

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Mutually Assured Disgustion

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah. I'm just going home for lunch from now on. It's not worth groveling to this jerk for mediocre pasta. He'll just keep finding reasons I've somehow slighted him no matter what I do. If this continues I have plenty of options nearby as well.

Just tell him you'll microwave a meal and then heat up some Chef Boyardee while staring him in the eyes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tell him you've got a beefaroni to settle with him.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ask if you can borrow the kitchen to cook some real food

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Tell him his hamburgers are terrible and would get him executed in an American Kitchen.

If he doesn't do hamburgers:

Machai posted:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Dumb poo poo your work does: Tell him you've got a beefaroni to settle with him

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Machai posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

then heat up some Chef Boyardee while staring him in the eyes.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Microwave surströmming, say its cultural

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I brought my Drake posted:

Dumb poo poo your work does: Tell him you've got a beefaroni to settle with him

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I caught something awful from my new job of course. And, since we have to do a training class, they have us working in groups and a lady that is over 64 used my machine yesterday. Like, they didn’t even have us sitting every other desk for non-group stuff. I had my face covered, but I’ve been using that mouse and keyboard all week.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tarkus posted:

They may need to get oversize (but still in size) taps or tap drill to max of standard. Or they could be using the wrong cutting geometry for the taps. High Nickel alloys like Inconel like to shrink around a tap because the tap is only pushing the material away from it, not cutting it completely. Emuge makes excellent taps for exactly that purpose and are worth the extra price.

Yeah probably want to use a cutting tap here, not forming. Inconel is super springy, I’ve never tapped it but I had to add an extra spring pass while facing it to get the length consistent.

E: The first time I machined inconel, I got this weird spiral cut on the face. Well, my usual method for facing steel is to start at Z0 and X past the part, feed to X0*, moderate rapid back to whatever X I need to radius/chamfer the outer diameter, then do that. Turns out the material was springing back enough that the X-positive rapid was cutting a spiral.

*Actually X negative twice the tool radius, but whatever.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 5, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Outrail posted:

Is he like this with everyone or just you? If not why is he singling you out?

He's like this with everyone, thus part time staff they hire lasting an average of less than a month and one of the cook's threatening to quit because of him.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Johnny Truant posted:

Or tell him that he has to make you your loving food, like what's the benefit of trying to be amicable with this gently caress.

He's making the dude's food for one thing.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The head of the IT department at one of my jobs absolutely hates Macs, and most of our wireless AV equipment will not work with Macs for that reason. If someone books our meeting room space in person, we can ask them about their technology needs and we can troubleshoot at the time of booking, but if somebody books online, there's a fair chance that they will bring something that refuses to work wirelessly with our network, and because IT refuses to update the online booking form with questions about technology needs for bookings, and if it's a Mac, we don't have the cables to hardwire somebody into the system.

Fortunately the presenter was pretty gracious about the whole thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

He's like this with everyone, thus part time staff they hire lasting an average of less than a month and one of the cook's threatening to quit because of him.

Start loving with his poo poo. Snap the tip off a knife or something. There's no end of suspects and others might join in.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
It’s Covid.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Put a rat in his chef's hat

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Put a rat in his chef's trousers.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

You can't make rations without rats

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rats on I

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Put a rat in his chef's mouth.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Don't do anything, just keep getting treated like poo poo and whining about it here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

this is literally the cope with work support group thread

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Machai posted:

Put a rat in his chef's hat

I've seen Ratatouille, I know how this ends.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Can you get the other staff on board with a meeting with the manager about this? I would think if there are at least a handful of you it would be taken seriously, you can mention that you're foregoing compensation (meal) because you genuinely fear reprisal for imagined slights

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

McGavin posted:

I've seen Ratatouille, I know how this ends.

With a new restaurant that has a rat for a chef and all the other kitchen staff out on their asses?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ben shapino posted:

Don't do anything, just keep getting treated like poo poo and whining about it here

So you're just going to wander into this thread without saying, "Hello?" I don't know who raised you, but where I'm from we greet people when we enter a room.

Almost vebatim something I was told at 0130 one morning. Telling the dude, "Where I'm from we flush the toilet after taking a poo poo.", went down swimmingly.

Unlike his turds.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ben shapino posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh. It's you again. How about this? gently caress you, rear end in a top hat. Suck my fuckin balls.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Oh. It's you again. How about this? gently caress you, rear end in a top hat. Suck my fuckin balls.

Perfect. No comments. Lay this one on the chef tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Outrail posted:

Perfect. No comments. Lay this one on the chef tomorrow.

Ben Shapino, The Unflushed.