Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

yeah, i think you're maybe mixing up what I'm saying with a bunch of other people posting stuff.

I wasn't singling you out, just explaining how this conversation got to where it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

We got to this point in the conversation because we all had been talking about whether or not Ukraine thinks it can actually retake Crimea anytime soon. My point is, I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that they've bought that much into their own hype. It's possible they have; I'm just challenging the notion that it's a given.

i will be very surprised when the first ukrainian hears the whisle and goes over the barricades at armiansk. it's suicide, and won't happen

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

https://twitter.com/tvtoront/status/1588996695790002176

I don't think anyone bothers to mention if the power plant is working at all, but that's not important I guess.

are russians shelling their own plant again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

here's the narrowest point at the entrance to the penninsula. suicide

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

just a reminder, US has been waging a proxy war in ethiopia that has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced millions more. of course you won't hear about it in the west because the people have the wrong skin color, and also it's america doing the killings.

one of the interesting thigns is that elon sacked the "humans right team" at twitter who were the regime change wing of the us intelligence agencies

they were censoring ethiopian and eritrean voices in order to help the US proxy war lol

:thunk:

Well that's just stupid, musk knows better than anyone that the government can afford to pay for favors like those

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Truga posted:

are russians shelling their own plant again

always.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Majorian posted:

Nah, that's a perfectly valid position to take IMO. Others may disagree and are free to argue against it, but it's not a particularly hot take.

Whether it's Russian or not, Ukraine forcibly annexed Crimea in 1995, and occupied it until 2014. The Ukrainian government's desire to 'take back' Crimea is revanchist nonsense.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

yeah lucky for me “pro-Russia” is meaningless and impossible to define (good work admins!)

They did define one thing clearly.

Russia is imperialist.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i havent seen a single reputable source supporting the claim these states are not pointlike entities undergoing uniform acceleration

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Whether it's Russian or not, Ukraine forcibly annexed Crimea in 1995, and occupied it until 2014. The Ukrainian government's desire to 'take back' Crimea is revanchist nonsense.

There's a lot of revanchist nonsense on both sides, unfortunately.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

They did define one thing clearly.

Russia is imperialist.

Lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

Well that's just stupid, musk knows better than anyone that the government can afford to pay for favors like those

Ah but what if it's the US government that wants Musk to reshuffle the whole thing? Have you thought about that smartypants? :tinfoil:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/misspaviichenko/status/1589003818511249409?s=46&t=0smmMlSnCD9SNDpcJeck-A

lol again

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I wasn't singling you out, just explaining how this conversation got to where it is.

i mean, the conversation started with a tweet about about the daily mail thing and then somehow spiralled into the most d&dish bullshit that's happened here in awhile, which is sort of chilling. im going to unilaterally deescalate this topic now

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Reddit.

rear end.

War.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

plurred batch would be a good brew name

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/LeeHudson_/status/1588614102586646528?t=OJ6xfA1lTG-JuFScDcbNdw&s=19

producing weapons is important to winning wars ?? wtf

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Majorian posted:

There's a lot of revanchist nonsense on both sides, unfortunately.

I won't argue that.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Breakfast All Day posted:

i havent seen a single reputable source supporting the claim these states are not pointlike entities undergoing uniform acceleration

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1588999899139674112

have some nafo dweebs doing weird racisms at bjg

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lmfao this whole press conference is wild:
https://twitter.com/LeeHudson_/status/1588615861375729665
https://twitter.com/LeeHudson_/status/1588616532887621632

MIC: oh maaaaan...we have to build MORE weapons? Anything but THAT!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

on the assembly line, hitting the nose of a shell with a hammer exactly one time with medium strength. i have the best job in the world

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1588999899139674112

have some nafo dweebs doing weird racisms at bjg

The NAFO fixation on her is really loving weird

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shame she's shadowbanned after all that engagement

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i say swears online posted:

shame she's shadowbanned after all that engagement

big lord elon will save her

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Late Capitalism said the only thing that matters is branding. People believed you could have a functioning country without making things its why the US and Pedo Terf Island are confused about why everything is falling apart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SourKraut posted:

Is there more info on this? Genuinely curious

i say swears online posted:

the tigray were and are the state department's preferred rulers of ethiopia, but disappointingly they held a free election and the much larger ethnic groups suddenly became more represented through magic or something, and that's bad

the civil war kicked off shortly after the 2021 election
basically this, US has also been doing an online information war and providing arms and supports to their favored party. also a little a bit of history, communists took over the country from the landed gentry and capital elite in 1970s, with helping of cuba and soviets and stuff, and lasted until the fall of the soviet union when US did a proxy war to install a more neoliberal party to become a vassal state to the US (mostly via TPLF). TPLF held the country until the late 2010s and then division broke out against the new prosperity party and the US-backed party, and america wasn't happy about that.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/other/the-dire-consequences-of-us-proxy-war-on-ethiopia/ar-AAR1bZ2
https://peoplesdispatch.org/2022/08/30/us-backed-tplf-resumes-war-in-northern-ethiopia/

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1589023144425267202?s=20&t=lSGNz4RQoGK93_OBKaSVag

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Zaluzhny's instagram got hacked and my man was working the DMs whew

speng31b
May 8, 2010

surely there's no reason these countries would turn down the opportunity to negotiate now when each side has lost momentum and everyone has so much to lose from continuing escalation

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Russia is imperialist. And as citizens of the Free World, we have a responsibility to fight it wherever it rears its ugly head. Whether that is on Twitter, or on the SomethingAwful forums.

Aruba (Netherlands) – Queen Beatrix International Airport
Ascension Island (UK) – Ascension Island Auxiliary Airfield
Australia – Pine Gap; Marine Rotational Force – Darwin[114]
Bahamas – AUTEC
Bahrain – Naval Support Activity Bahrain; Isa Air Base
Belgium – Chièvres Air Base; Kleine Brogel Air Base
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Camp Eagle
British Indian Ocean Territory (United Kingdom) – Naval Support Facility Diego Garcia
Bulgaria – Aitos Logistics Center; Bezmer Air Base; Graf Ignatievo Air Base; Novo Selo Range
Burkina Faso - Ouagadougou Airport[115]
Cameroon – Contingency Location Garoua
Cuba – Guantanamo Bay Naval Base
Curaçao (Netherlands) – US Air Force Forward Operating Base
Cyprus – Akrotiri and Dhekelia: RAF Akrotiri. The Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia is a British Overseas Territory on the island of Cyprus.
Djibouti – Camp Lemonnier
Estonia – Ämari Air Base
Germany – US Military Installations in Germany; Panzer Kaserne; Ramstein Air Base; Spangdahlem Air Base; Baumholder Army Post; Landstuhl Regional Medical Center; Sembach Army Post;
Greece – Alexandroupoli Army Base, Larisa Air Base, Araxos Air Base, Syros base, Souda Bay Naval Base
Greenland (Denmark) – Thule Air Base
Honduras – Soto Cano Air Base
Hungary – Pápa Air Base
Iraq – Al Asad Airbase[116] and several facilities in 7 different governorates
Israel – Dimona Radar Facility
Italy – Caserma Ederle-Caserma Del Din; Darby Military Community; Naval Air Station Sigonella; Naval Support Activity Naples; Aviano Air Base
Japan – United States Forces Japan
Jordan – Muwaffaq Salti Air Base
Kenya – Camp Simba, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences
Kosovo[a] – Camp Bondsteel
Kuwait – Ali Al Salem Air Base; Camp Arifjan; Camp Buehring; Kuwait Naval Base
Lithuania - Šiauliai Air Base
Netherlands – Volkel Air Base; USCG Activities Europe
Niger – Niger Air Base 101; Niger Air Base 201
Norway – Marine Corps garrison at Værnes Air Station
Oman – RAFO Masirah; RAFO Thumrait (South of Oman) [117]
Philippines – Antonio Bautista Air Base; Basa Air Base; Fort Magsaysay; Lumbia Air Base; Mactan-Benito Ebuen Air Base[118]
Poland – Łask Air Base
Portugal – Lajes Field
Qatar – Al Udeid Air Base
Romania – Mihail Kogălniceanu Air Base; Deveselu Military Base
Saudi Arabia – 64th Air Expeditionary Group (inactive since 2014);[119] Prince Sultan Air Base[120]
Seychelles – United States drone base in Seychelles
Singapore – Paya Lebar Air Base; Changi Naval Base
South Korea – United States Forces Korea
Spain – Morón Air Base; Naval Station Rota
Syria – Military base in Al-Tanf and several facilities in northern Syria, within US-backed SDF territory[121]
Thailand – Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences; U-Tapao Royal Thai Navy Airfield[122]
Tunisia – Drone base at Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base[123][124]
Turkey – Incirlik Air Base, Izmir Air Station, Kürecik Radar Station, Ankara Support Facility
United Arab Emirates – Al Dhafra Air Base; Port of Jebel Ali; Fujairah Naval Base
United Kingdom – RAF Alconbury; RAF Croughton; RAF Fairford; RAF Lakenheath; RAF Menwith Hill; RAF Mildenhall

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
gently caress, I meant to copy this. But you get the point

Armenia – 102nd Military Base and 3624th Airbase
Belarus – Hantsavichy Radar Station, Vileyka naval communication centre
Georgia – 4th Military Base and 7th Military Base in the disputed regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia
Kazakhstan – Balkhash Radar Station, Sary Shagan range, Baikonur Cosmodrome
Kyrgyzstan – Kant Air Base, 338th naval communication centre, 954th torpedo testing range and a seismograph
Moldova – a sizeable military force in the unrecognised state of Transnistria. These forces guard Cobasna ammunition depot.[47]
Syria – Russian naval facility in Tartus, Khmeimim Air Base,[48] Shayrat Air Base
Tajikistan – 201st Military Base

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

any hoi4 player could have told the pentagon about the importance of building military factories

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

biden admits his pro-russia stance. if hes allowed to continue postingon these forums, i cant in good conscience remain

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Does Biden not realize hes the one that controls that? He's your proxy, you control the diplomacy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden and his pro Russia tankies are losing big on Tuesday

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sorry what

brandon just kneecapped the left over this SIX loving DAYS AGO

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Does Biden not realize hes the one that controls that? He's your proxy, you control the diplomacy

Biden is even more brain dead than Trump. He can't even control his bowels let alone what someone else does.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Maybe Ukraine is an independent and sovereign democracy that makes its own choices? Like whether it wants hamburger or lasagna for dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Maybe Ukraine is an independent and sovereign democracy that makes its own choices? Like whether it wants hamburger or lasagna for dinner

what if it wants ...... chinese