Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses for $8/month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"It was a cheeky nod! It was a cheeky nod!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into an unemployed sycophant

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

For $8/month, you have been asking: Who is John Galt?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

From each according to their ability as well as $8/month, to each according to their needs.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

And Musk said, Let there be $8: and there wasn't because nobody paid for that poo poo

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
My favorite part of this is that Stephen King single-handedly reduced the price from 20 to 8 bucks a month with 1 dunk on Elon

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill for $8 a month"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

From hell's heart, I stab at thee; for $8/month, I spit my last breath at thee.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Elon Musk has the billionaire version of Nobelitis

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Jesus wept for 8 dollars a month

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It was love at first sight. The first time Yossarian saw the chaplain he fell madly in love with him for $8/month.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This wasn't supposed to be turned on until the 7th according to the docs floating around so either this accidentally toggled on early and incomplete because they dev team is just blindly deploying poo poo or they worked the remaining staff/QA all week to get this poo poo out

either option explains why it is not working at all

and what better way to lose goodwill than to sell people a $8 subscription that literally does nothing

So you're saying Elon Musk turned Twitter into an even dumber Star Citizen.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Call me Ishmael, for $8/mo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Time_pants posted:

I hope Elon Musk buys Star Citizen. I bet he owns an Idris.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nexous posted:

My favorite part of this is that Stephen King single-handedly reduced the price from 20 to 8 bucks a month with 1 dunk on Elon

I feel like he floated that 20 out there intending to drop it to 8 when the first big celeb made a comment like that.

Then I remember he's shockingly dumb and maybe that's giving him too much credit

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Entropic posted:

Will it dawn on any of these people that this is why the fancy perks you get at tech companies like free snacks and espresso bars and ball pits or whatever are a poor substitute for basic union-protected working condition guarantees?

Silicon Valley is absolutely loaded with people who firmly believe that they, specifically, are uniquely blessed genius hustlegrinders who will singlehandedly author the future, which is a fantastically exploitable trait for any management team that understands how to make socially maladjusted coder autists feel like they are superheroes in the college dorm environment that reflected the first and only time they felt a sense of community as part of an active social circle (hint: it's done by destroying work life balance, lionizing it, and giving them the ping pong tables and bean bag chairs that seamlessly replicate college aesthetics).

Which is to say no, almost certainly not. This mindset got years of reinforcement due to bloated pay, because interest rates for big biz were so low for so long that a lot of places could afford to borrow infinite money at <0 interest while producing nothing of value and calling it "loss leading," sometimes even creating what were essentially makework programs for their pool of "geniuses" just to keep other companies from having them.

It's gonna take a minute for the new reality to humble them and make them identify as workers. You're already seeing a lot of restructuring now that interests have jacked back up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are paying $8 a month for a blue tick on twitter.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
You’ll float too, for $8/mo!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Time_pants posted:

Star Citizen makes money tho

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

nexous posted:

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed, for $8 a month.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?
Elon replied, The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you for $8 per month.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for $8/month.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I came blood inside of her, choking on the clot, gagging on the snot, gushing blood from her mouth,
bloody gel leaking out. Body buried in a shallow grave, unmarked for none to find, the sickness I have left behind. Undetected go my crimes, the greatest thrill of my life, to slit my own cock with a knife for $8/month

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Call me Ishmael, for $8/mo

could have just done:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ishmael ☑️

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
M-O-O-N, that spells $8/month

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Jillian poo poo posted:

I came blood inside of her, choking on the clot, gagging on the snot, gushing blood from her mouth,
bloody gel leaking out. Body buried in a shallow grave, unmarked for none to find, the sickness I have left behind. Undetected go my crimes, the greatest thrill of my life, to slit my own cock with a knife for $8/month

This but unironically.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair for $8 a month.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

And then there was light, for 8$ a month

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Everything must be taken into account. If the fact will not fit the theory---let the theory go. For $8 a month.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife, for $8/month.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Some animals are more equal the others, for $8/month.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR $8 A MONTH

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Silly Burrito posted:

M-O-O-N, that spells $8/month

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
For sale: baby shoes, $8/mo.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

iSimian posted:

For sale: baby shoes, $8/mo.

yes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that, for $8/month.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel for $8/month.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It is a truth universally that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife for $8/mo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
War. War never changes, for $8 a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country, for $8/ month.