Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about Elon Musk and they said that despite everything they feel a little bad for him due to the sheer number of crypto spam he has to wade through on Twitter. They stopped feeling bad when I reminded them that the reason his replies are nonstop crypto scams is because he is himself a crypto scammer. I also pointed out that if he doesn’t want to deal with that, he can just get off Twitter.

Then we both realized at the same time… no. He can’t. He is now obligated to stay on Twitter and he can’t stop posting no matter how bad he wants to. There are sci-fi novels where arrogant rich people doom themselves to less horrible fates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

GrandpaPants posted:

What are journalists going to do when they can no longer report on tweets?

Secret of the Big Mac revealed

tiktok user mcloving420 posted the true purpose of the Big Mac saying that the secret sauce is meant to season your cast iron skillet

tiktok user gokufusion posted "wow I never knew that" in support

user auuuuuuuugh said "I like Burger King more anyway lol" in response

We have reached out to mcloving420 for comment but have received no response

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Munsk could literally hire a focus group to tweet for him and never have to care but he doesn't roll like that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like Elon is just spending all of his time replying to MAGA people or crypto bros at this point

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588676939463946241?s=20&t=87rYfaOBGYx-XzDOzdPThw

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That's what zuck does with Facebook now anyway, musk just has too much permabanned poster energy

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

greazeball posted:

At this point, it's a race to see how Twitter ends. By users abandoning the platform or by a Twitter-ending bug caused by cuts to staff and infrastructure.

My attitude towards this whole thing is:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s not even true, advertisers are just scared shitless that their products are going to be advertised right next to white people saying the N word. They’ve always been terrified of that
The cynical version is that it's not even this. A bunch of Twitter's advertising sales leadership resigned/were fired, and reportedly big advertisers have had all their points-of-contact disappear with nobody returning calls or making reassuring noises, so they're spooked.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Foxfire_ posted:

The cynical version is that it's not even this. A bunch of Twitter's advertising sales leadership resigned/were fired, and reportedly big advertisers have had all their points-of-contact disappear with nobody returning calls or making reassuring noises, so they're spooked.
Who knows if the sales team is still even employed

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That's what zuck does with Facebook now anyway, musk just has too much permabanned poster energy

Right before twitter implodes for good, Elon will tweet out, "Mein Fuhrer, I can post!"

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If Musk was Seraph that would make so much sense.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Foxfire_ posted:

That's hilarious and more proof that a company can work fine with limited CEO poo poo, but you take away the secretaries and low tier workers, and everything loving stops.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well it's not like the CEO is ironing out the details of when the Black pink Album Drop tweets happen, what the verbage is, etc. Makes total sense that canning the workforce means that even if people wanted to do business they have massive organizational issues to overcome.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cowslips Warren posted:

That's hilarious
but not true.

Companies are worried about “brand safety”, and told Musk that repeatedly during conference calls.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

but not true.

Companies are worried about “brand safety”, and told Musk that repeatedly during conference calls.

Yeah and the people whose jobs are to soothe their worries and keep the purchase orders flowing have all been fired.

Canadian Twitter employees got this email yesterday:

Fired? Not fired? Let’s not obsess over details.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

God Bless This Mess

Bless = previously unidentified sink hole

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Secret of the Big Mac revealed

tiktok user mcloving420 posted the true purpose of the Big Mac saying that the secret sauce is meant to season your cast iron skillet

tiktok user gokufusion posted "wow I never knew that" in support

user auuuuuuuugh said "I like Burger King more anyway lol" in response

We have reached out to mcloving420 for comment but have received no response

That is every Dailydot article.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1588696157794242560
Thread

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ll read this in the next buzzfeed article

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/andygawt/status/1588506524045152263

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

He's right Elon's definitely a Lex Luthor mastermind here and not a dude who let success go to his head and made him believe he could do anything without research or listening to people who've been there longer. This is definitely a 44 Billion dollar plot to become well-liked by two groups who both already liked him

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Are you familiar with the concept of a useful idiot?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ultrafilter posted:

Are you familiar with the concept of a useful idiot?

Everytime I look in the mirror

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well I’m convinced

Edit: Elon bad

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He's right Elon's definitely a Lex Luthor mastermind here and not a dude who let success go to his head and made him believe he could do anything without research or listening to people who've been there longer. This is definitely a 44 Billion dollar plot to become well-liked by two groups who both already liked him

he’s not doing it because he’s a mastermind with a genius plan, he’s doing it because he’s an idiot with a planet-size ego who can be led around like a donkey by anyone who flatters him

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Elon your sick is so big it could lift a new fridge into my house eow!

Edit: and stove

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Everytime I look in the mirror

USEFUL idiot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

hypnophant posted:

he’s not doing it because he’s a mastermind with a genius plan, he’s doing it because he’s an idiot with a planet-size ego who can be led around like a donkey by anyone who flatters him
It’s just Trump all over again

People are looking for conspiracies when the obvious explanation is that he’s just very dumb

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Agents are GO! posted:

Right before twitter implodes for good, Elon will tweet out, "Mein Fuhrer, I can post!"

We'll Tweet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
He bragged for ages about how little he sleeps. Maybe his brain just plain turned to mush.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Animal-Mother posted:

We'll Tweet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

But I'm sure we'll Tweet again
For the low low price of $8

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Welp

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1589360786774065153?s=46&t=3w6QmHfhEl8T5nqQT4ZreA

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol Elon Musk started a global recession by being a transphobic, pronoun hating idiot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Lol Elon Musk started a global recession by being a transphobic, pronoun hating idiot.

Yeah that’s exactly what happened

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah technically he did it by buying a company he couldn’t afford

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

*continues shoveling money into the metaverse furnace* hey send some of the employees down here, we're running out of fuel

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Start with the guy who made the call to go all in on VR.

Oh.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/MattNavarra/status/1589345067013378048

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I hope the response is a universal "lol okay, triple my pay first." Or "lol okay at $$$ contractor wages," that would be okay too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Musk, last week: The first order of business is to get rid of all these utterly disposable computer touchers.

Musk, this week:

:reddit:
👉👈

pwease touch computer