Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions.
I have given my name and my day-clothes up to the nurses
And my history to the anesthetist and my body to surgeons.
They have propped my head between the pillow and the sheet-cuff
Like an eye between two white lids that will not shut, for $8 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if he's miserable yet

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
how much sleep do you think elon has gotten in the past week

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
iPhones are sorta cool and it makes sense that I'd want one, but I also placed a bid on a Vose & Sons Antique Grand Upright Piano for $8 a month.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/CSMFHT/status/1588849186224898050

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

thread title

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance, for $8/month.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
While there are some classical fanbois and classical haters of the variety you described, in regards to Elon, just as there are with other super-famous people, I think in Elon's case, there is also a whole separate aspect in addition to just that alone.

And that is, what I would refer to as "the proxy war".

Much like the Vietnam war was more than merely a war between North Vietnam and South Vietnam, and was also a proxy war between The U.S./West (capitalism, freedom, democracy) vs USSR (Marxism, oppression, totalitarianism, torture chambers, gulags, etc), with Vietnam serving as the proxy point of battle to see if we could stop the spread of the Marxists as they clearly wanted to keep expanding, if we didn't get in their way, and eventually try to conquer the whole world.

In a similar way, that's what is going on with the pro-Elon vs anti-Elon thing.

A large chunk of the anti-Elon crowd don't even know or care much about Elon himself. He just functions as a figurehead or symbol of sorts, to them, as they are by and large, leftists, Marxists, etc, who hate capitalism, billionaires, and so on, indiscriminately. So, since he happens to be the richest and most famous of all the billionaires right now, he's badguy #1 in their eyes, regardless of what good things he is doing, or any of that stuff.

And on the flip side, you have the counter-proxyists fighting against those proxy-fighters from the opposing side, as well.

Now, all of that probably sounds pretty exotic and wild and ridiculous and so on, if you haven't been paying close attention. But, it's actually not. I think I'm actually correct about this dynamic genuinely being there, and being a large chunk of what's going on with all of this.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Robo Reagan posted:

While there are some classical fanbois and classical haters of the variety you described, in regards to Elon, just as there are with other super-famous people, I think in Elon's case, there is also a whole separate aspect in addition to just that alone.

Much like the Vietnam war was more than merely a war between North Vietnam and South Vietnam, and was also a proxy war between The U.S./West (capitalism, freedom, democracy) vs USSR (Marxism, oppression, totalitarianism, torture chambers, gulags, etc), with Vietnam serving as the proxy point of battle to see if we could stop the spread of the Marxists as they clearly wanted to keep expanding, if we didn't get in their way, and eventually try to conquer the whole world.

A large chunk of the anti-Elon crowd don't even know or care much about Elon himself. He just functions as a figurehead or symbol of sorts, to them, as they are by and large, leftists, Marxists, etc, who hate capitalism, billionaires, and so on, indiscriminately. So, since he happens to be the richest and most famous of all the billionaires right now, he's badguy #1 in their eyes, regardless of what good things he is doing, or any of that stuff.

And on the flip side, you have the counter-proxyists fighting against those proxy-fighters from the opposing side, as well.

Now, all of that probably sounds pretty exotic and wild and ridiculous and so on, if you haven't been paying close attention. But, it's actually not. I think I'm actually correct about this dynamic genuinely being there, and being a large chunk of what's going on with all of this, for $8 a month.
FTFY.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Robo Reagan posted:

Now, all of that probably sounds pretty exotic and wild and ridiculous and so on, if you haven't been paying close attention. But, it's actually not. I think I'm actually correct about this dynamic genuinely being there, and being a large chunk of what's going on with all of this.

lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

Nah musk just sucks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Robo Reagan posted:

Source your quotes.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

iSimian posted:

For sale: baby shoes, $8/mo.

thread title please

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

That's no different to the fact that many of his supporters like him purely because he owns the libs, and must be p smart to have so much money.

Like if you genuinely philosophise about and believe in free market capitalism, and think it is a meritocracy, Elon is an aberration and a moron that needs to be erased from the system.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Thaddius the Large posted:

It’s really just now hitting me that for all the content, the $8/month for a check mark hasn’t actually been implemented yet. Like, he hasn’t even had a chance to melt down over the real thing, this is just his reaction to the reaction of a hypothetical, and there’s a good chance the real melt down is yet to arrive

where we're going, we won't need checkmarks to melt down

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

source your quotes or uninstall your brain from your skull if you actually believe this lol

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

iSimian posted:

For sale: baby shoes, $8/mo.

Thread title right here, lmaooo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Robo Reagan posted:

the cold war started when truman called stalin a pedo guy

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Uh.

So in the case of a spammer/scammer you keep the money.

The money they were using to do something that might be illegal.

The money you're intentionally not giving them what they paid for.

The money that you know is likely from a stolen credit card.

Wow.

This is how you get your payment processor to fire you as a customer.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

priznat posted:

Lmao what a goddamn baby

How do idiots like this get into positions of power

They're the ones most inclined to chase it.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Robo Reagan posted:

Or! Stick with me here, this might be tough to swallow, but, and this is only a theory mind you, a postulate, if you will, perhaps Elon Musk is dumb as dirt and people dunking on him are objectively correct in their assessment of the same.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If Twitter dies where else will murderous Chuds self own for $8/month?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

“Impersonation” doesn’t make any goddamn sense in the new framework of “verification”, the gently caress is he talking about. How can Twitter punish, let alone identify, impersonation of an individual if no verification of a user’s identity occurs?

What the christ is happening in that man’s brain

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

“Impersonation” doesn’t make any goddamn sense in the new framework of “verification”, the gently caress is he talking about. How can Twitter punish, let alone identify, impersonation of an individual if no verification of a user’s identity occurs?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Elon will personally know impersonation when he sees it bc he is the twipper moderator now, its him, he is the mod the same way we have a moderator here in GBS

he fired all those extra useless thousands of people bc he is going to just do it himself now. problem solved. he got to bbe a moderator

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Imagine paying to become a mod

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

madmatt112 posted:

Well he obviously knows he's Elon Musk so that's one case handled...
and uh... so as long as people don't share names

like Jack Johnson

oh gently caress

okay someone needs to be Jack Johnson A and... hrmm...

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It was the best of times (if you paid $8 a month), it was the worst of times.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Data Graham posted:

I wonder if he's miserable yet

I think he exists in a constant emotional quantum superposition of happiness and misery. As long as he is the center of attention, he feels happy, but the constant toil of trying to fill an endless craving void prevents him from taking any enjoyment in it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Time_pants posted:

I think he exists in a constant emotional quantum superposition of happiness and misery. As long as he is the center of attention, he feels happy, but the constant toil of trying to fill an endless craving void prevents him from taking any enjoyment in it.

I imagine for a brief time he knew contentment getting really high and having Grimes listen elatedly to the stupid poo poo he was spouting like he was some sort of philosopher king

people saying he's "divorced guy" are close but he's really more "first major high school breakup guy"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

okay everyone keep running the joke into the loving ground its only been 3 pages, for $8/month

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Okay, I know it's cliche to joke about how it's too bad you can't make an image the thread title, but I think it's time for a serious discussion about what it would it actually take to make it happen.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well he obviously knows he's Elon Musk so that's one case handled...
and uh... so as long as people don't share names

like Jack Johnson

oh gently caress

okay someone needs to be Jack Johnson A and... hrmm...

Just append their date of birth to their name, duh!

Oh, some people share those? Okay date of birth and social security number

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Squidster posted:

Just append their date of birth to their name, duh!

Oh, some people share those? Okay date of birth and social security number

Wait. That's stupid.

Just the social security number.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Time_pants posted:

Wait. That's stupid.

Just the social security number.

what do you mean you don't have a social security number
this app is international?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Robo Reagan posted:

I am forever going to insist that Elon Musk is plainly a SomethingAwful goon, and you are even here ascribing way too goddamn much to him. I have no idea what this goddamn wall of text means about what is going on in your head here, much less what bizarre war of concepts you have on your internal cognitive palette, but let me spoiler this for you:

He's a loving idiot, an absolute buffoon flying by the seat of his goddamn pants, just like the rest of the planet, and just like the rest of us.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals $8 a month. If $8 a month is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Robo Reagan posted:

this is way more of a poster than elon will ever be

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Just a loving train wreck

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1589075543420325888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

I hope those folks are offering to help at a consultant rate of $5,000/hour. Elon's got the cash, he can afford it.