Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pixaal posted:

was trying to figure out what this is, Roku Channel Weird al documentary, it's free. I assume American Dad gets a mention with Rabbitage or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kN1eHjyjM

It's not a documentary, it is a biopic that is a spoof of biopics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

muscles like this! posted:

Which is because by celebrity standards Weird Al ironically has had a pretty normal life

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I have a much easier time stomaching Bill than I do Teddy. Teddy is too real. I know a Teddy. I cannot abide Teddy.

I'd love to just listen to a Teddy, Bill, and Tuttle podcast. It'd be an amazing race to the bottom. Whos the big dog in that group? Woof woof!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RugClockVexx posted:

I'd love to just listen to a Teddy, Bill, and Tuttle podcast. It'd be an amazing race to the bottom. Whos the big dog in that group? Woof woof!

I feel like Tuttle and Teddy out rank Bill, Bill just digs his way to being the lowest status member of whatever group he's in.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tuttle thinks he's way better than the other two, verbally pitying them even while empathizing with their most pathetic anecdotes. Teddy yells over everyone because he thinks they're trying to make him look stupid, somehow, and Bill is just pleased they included him on the program so he immediately nods his assent to everything, having to be reminded he's on radio. Then he just says *mmyep*

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I like Bob's Burgers because unlike every other adult cartoon family, the Belchers have actual unconditional family love. You'd never see them treat each other like the Smiths, Simpsons, or Griffins do.

It opens up different types of stories and conflicts that don't happen in the other shows.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah, the Belchers have a great family dynamic. Everybody loves each other, even Gene who can be a bit obnoxious sometimes.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

It's also amazing, definitely worth checking out

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChesterJT posted:

It's also amazing, definitely worth checking out

Oh yeah I loved that movie, really funny.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

At first I got kind of annoyed when they started putting Tuttle in every episode but they found a sweet spot and he's one of my favorite characters now.

I love the bit in the mall walker episode where he chats up a traumatized, unresponsive Stan and Roger, before mumbling to himself in self hatred as he walks away

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I think the show just tends to go through periods where they feature some characters more than others. There was a Principal Lewis streak, Avery Bullock streak, etc.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, there was even a Reginald the koala streak for a time that was truly regrettable because he kept hitting on Haley.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I'll take all of them over Billy any day

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

When Pigs Cry posted:

I'll take all of them over Billy any day

I am getting a bit sick of Billy

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

It was the troll episode where I started to feel that

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What blows my mind is that Billy is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

bull3964 posted:

What blows my mind is that Billy is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

WHAT :stare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Billy like Rogu has such a slow voice it only works in small doses.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kwyndig posted:

Yes, there was even a Reginald the koala streak for a time that was truly regrettable because he kept hitting on Haley.

Reginald was the Ur overused character. You dig far enough back in the thread to when Louis was in every episode you find everyone commenting about him getting Reginald'd

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I wish Greg and Terry patched things back up. Always found them hilarious.

Was that AD survey still running?

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 5, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

YeahTubaMike posted:

American Dad is, and has always been, so good at using music to set scenes. :allears:

Did anyone ever figure out what that song I asked about was or was it just something they whipped up? It's catchy as hell

Milo and POTUS posted:

That might be my favorite one off character and that's saying a lot. I love to say "those pizza bagels are my life" all the time.

Also, what song is playing when Josay Bosay gives stan his rod stewart haircut in the comb over episode

bull3964 posted:

I mean, Bob's Burgers is still trucking along at the same high quality so it's not totally alone.

Nah, BB has definitely gone downhill. I can watch those first few seasons over and over. It's firmly at the boring as hell downslope.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 5, 2022

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'll be bummed if they bury this show under WBD's reign. This thing started on my birthday in 2005, and holy poo poo do I feel old. We had a superbowl/american dad viewing party that sunday in my college dorms.
Did I think I'd be watching this thing this far into the future? Nah, but they also just did a parody of Jasper Mall, a documentary that more than likely had fewer viewers then the AD ep itself. I don't care about tnt/tbs, just don't vanish this show you fucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It really is amazing just how horrible pretty much everybody who runs a major business is

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

That might be my favorite one off character and that's saying a lot. I love to say "those pizza bagels are my life" all the time.

Also, what song is playing when Josay Bosay gives stan his rod stewart haircut in the comb over episode

upload to the clip to youtube and see who files the copyright claim

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

I do kind of wonder what Zazslav's trauma with animation is. Like, he seems to actively hate it beyond his capitalism brain.

any one is free to correct me.

But with the pandemic shutting things down, and companies shovling money into creating content for the streaming wars, a bunch of animated shows got spooled up. But because of the long lead time these shows all of a sudden find themselves with new owners/masters.

Zazslav was to find a way to save money and if you dont show the movie you dont have to pay any fees to anyone.

I was surprised to learn the same thing happened to the animated clerks cartoon. The network was wanting a hit and by the time the show was ready boom, they had who wants to be a millionaire and gently caress that stupid cartoon

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The answer is honestly a lot more simple and stupid. Zaslav found success doing 'nonfiction' reality tv franchises, which primarily hit a huge boom during the writer's strike, and he is a loving moron like a lot of his peers and does not understand the nature of the things they own on a fundamental level.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Congratulations to Dusty Baker. World Series champion and inventor of the high-five.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Poor people are a lot like cats.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new episode tonight but it didn't show up early on Hulu so who the gently caress knows what's going on with them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There's a new episode tonight but it didn't show up early on Hulu so who the gently caress knows what's going on with them.

I think the mall episode going up early was like a special Halloween thing. Why this is a special Halloween thing and not a standard practice is beyond me though.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Of course the creepy speaker guy is Roger.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did Daisuke Suzuki leave the show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, I guess that pedo got out of prison. Also kind of weird to have a plot about non Smith family members interacting with Roger.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Huh, I guess that pedo got out of prison. Also kind of weird to have a plot about non Smith family members interacting with Roger.

I haven't watched yet, but if you mean the guy from 40 Year Old Virgin I've noticed him in background shots in recent episodes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh, no! Dr Slippy!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
im surprised the macaw lived through the entire episode

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The Rush song reminded me of the Dixie limo horn :haw:

Zero One posted:

Of course the creepy speaker guy is Roger.

It actually didn't occur to me that it was going to be him this time.

Oh, no! Dr Slippy!

I love when American Dad has a character that is super enthusiastic about & into something that most normal people don't have any strong opinions about.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love when American Dad has a character that is super enthusiastic about & into something that most normal people don't have any strong opinions about.

Stan's 'best friend' from the amnesia episode is one of the best jokes they've done

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr Slippy is an odd character because I'm pretty sure he's only appeared in person once before, in "American Data" but his products have been around for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ups_rail posted:

I was surprised to learn the same thing happened to the animated clerks cartoon. The network was wanting a hit and by the time the show was ready boom, they had who wants to be a millionaire and gently caress that stupid cartoon

is that what Smith is saying now? Clerks was killed by the same thing that got it made, Disney was afraid of the negative press from Dogma so it arranged for a sale of the distribution rights to another company. Smith and Harvey Weinstein get a say about whether the sale goes through or not so they hardball Disney for a wad of cash and a tv show development deal. ABC has no vested interest in a show they're contractually obligated to make so they air two episodes, cancel the show and tell Smith to gently caress off.