Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all
And in the Darkness, charge $8/month

EDIT:

:vince:

loving squeeze the bastard.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao just no idea at all what he's doing. really should cut the poo poo and say "Elon Musk" instead of "the company" to really point out that this is all his doing

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

This is a great episode, btw and ill die on this hill.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's a blue checkmark Stephen King. What could it cost, 20 dollars?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Every day Elon does the funniest, dumbest poo poo until the next day lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/breakdecks/status/1588879474451681280

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Let's make Elmo and Turmp share one Twitter account as their only media access. Two narcissistic black holes forced to live in the same room for the rest of their lives.

Ed: and Ye makes three

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing. I’d laugh so long they’d hang up on me and then I’d call them back to just laugh at them some more. Maybe send a few emails too

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lol, and, may I say, lmao

I'd go back for triple my salary and a guarantee that if I leave before a year is up they pay me the full amount owed

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

please get insane hourly rates or if you can afford it, tell him to pound sand #Tweeps!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
10k an hour. 100 hour minimum.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

you don't just lay off entire teams like they're replaceable cogs. like lay off the wrong person on the team and you might lose years of company knowledge about how any of the systems work. like today's release of the ios version not being time released was probably because the release engineer they let go knew which settings to turn on to gate the release.

not surprising at all that people are being called back.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Yeah, I'd just love to give up my severance and go to work for a lunatic moron who is definitely going to fire me again when he finds out a have pet dog or whatever's setting him off next week.

E: what are the odds he tried to lay off the HR department because they haven't written a single line of code in 10 years.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

Every day Elon does the funniest, dumbest poo poo until the next day lol

Elontainment > Trumptainment IMO

* the dude's brain functions (I understand this might be controversial)
* is ACTUALLY rich enough to do REALLY loving dumb things like this
* doesn't resort to tweeting in all caps or other typographic blunders
* is capable of posting images

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bankrupting himself to buy Twitter is how Elon Musk plans to dodge child support

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

not surprising at all that people are being called back.

the only surprising thing is that leon thought this wouldn't be required really

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

no technically this did not trigger the WARN act, your honor, because I did so in such a clumsy manner and ultimately I did have to rehire a specific workforce necessary for operations *trails off into mumbling damnits*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Barudak posted:

Bankrupting himself to buy Twitter is how Elon Musk plans to dodge child support

this is the only thing that makes sense... hes trying to speed run "Brewsters Billion's" to spite everyone that ever had a kid with him.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088850/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Outrail posted:

Yeah, I'd just love to give up my severance and go to work for a lunatic moron who is definitely going to fire me again when he finds out a have pet dog or whatever's setting him off next week.

E: what are the odds he tried to lay off the HR department because they haven't written a single line of code in 10 years.

Oh I just assumed HR, payroll, Retirement and Benefits, and employee records were the first people shown the door.

The cripples the organization

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/craignewman/status/1589027889613508609?s=46&t=wzFmm9Ftjj-nzxOZWc9-4g
He’s gonna need all the coders he can to work on this revolutionary idea to disrupt the micro blogging ecosphere! Long posts! loving genius.

Was the notes screenshot thing really such an issue? I’ve seen it a few times but it barely registers. Kinda feels like this defeats the entire point of Twitter honestly, the whole appeal is brevity. There’s way better options for long posts than frigging Twitter. I rarely even read tweet threads because it’s tedious and the whole timeline thing doesn’t lend itself to it.

Edit: wait it’s gonna be an attachment? That’s even worse. So you still have to click through to read the rest of the post?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Steadiman posted:

Edit: wait it’s gonna be an attachment? That’s even worse. So you still have to click through to read the rest of the post?

He's reinvented the hyperlink

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

You know DARE is a ridiculous concept. I think Elon's behavior is what you should point to as a way to highlight the pitfalls of drug addictions.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

You know DARE is a ridiculous concept. I think Elon's behavior is what you should point to as a way to highlight the pitfalls of drug addictions.

roll 3 hours of jrop, musk, and busey instead of having a cop lie to kids

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Whoever it was in here who said right-wingers don't want their own social media platform and they just want a place to own the libs is completely right. They have gab and Truth social and it's not like anyone else wants to be on those so they have to still get their kicks from Twitter. Imagine trying to be a part of 2 or 3 different social media sites at a time. This dying old forum is all I can handle.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Devor posted:

He's reinvented the hyperlink, for only $8 a month

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Devor posted:

He's reinvented the hyperlink

Ladies and gentlemen: the ultralink

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/SillyRobin/status/1589012545091686400

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol I am so hosed up on the internet that I am waiting for some kind of another/second long-game narrative shoe to drop that totally slides us right back into a comfort zone of compromise somehow.

Goddamn

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Elon Musk: "Twitter is now Live Journal"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

They should offer to come back only if they get 420% of their previous salary.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Entropic posted:

They should offer to come back only if they get 420% of their previous salary.

69420%

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

lmao
lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I just can't imagine the potential security implications if you are inviting aggrieved ex-employees back who still have very little in the way of actual security. If they are given really generous contracts to come back maybe it would be ok but still, lol at what they could slip in there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Maybe Elon Musk isn't as smart as he pretends to be

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vIBijzg4w

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Maybe Elon Musk isn't as smart as he pretends to be

What? Having money is a smart thing to do, therefore having more money means being more smarter

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/iamgabesanchez/status/1589097925984260096?s=46&t=wzFmm9Ftjj-nzxOZWc9-4g
Lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

What? Having money is a smart thing to do, therefore having more money means being more smarter

it might be more complicated than that my friend

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it might be more complicated than that my friend

nu-uh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Holy poo poo I can't stop laughing. This is great.