Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MoonCrab posted:

Joined the group victims that were bullied for starting and not finishing character quests. I just wanna unlock this boss fight before the week resets :shepicide: Maybe someday they'll let you temporarily drop quests but until they do I'm never gonna unlock a quest I'm not gonna finish IMMEDIATELY, ever again. Like who cares if there are 2 Nilous out at once? Nobody.

Me. I want a nilou in every city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tree Reformat posted:

First is annoying because how long it takes the electro panels to recharge.

Second stage is like Raiden in that you're just dodging a lot and taking potshots until you get your opening. Except here the potshots are with the bazooka and it does a poo poo ton of damage once his shield is down.

For the first stage I spent a long time trying to figure out what the panels did until I realized I could just ignore them and punch him in the face. So I did that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

I don't know why they are obsessed with making reactions that hurt you, to be honest. Like electro-shock in puddles and they even introduced self-Blood damage recently too. Why? Does this make the game funner somehow?

It's pretty much the same in every game.

Devs: "So it's an interesting decision to weigh. Do you take the (big) damage in order to deal (much smaller) damage to enemies? It's very engaging!"
Entire playerbase: "lol no"
Entire playerbase later: "Yo check out this new interaction that makes that self-damage actually useful in some way!"
Devs: <instant nerf>

Asimo posted:

Yeah I was pondering asking for advice since I have no loving idea how it's supposed to go. About the only thing I knew was to blast it with the doohicky before it does the instakill, the rest was just facerolling with a good team. It's a fun spectacle but I don't think it's really well designed, sadly.

I'm not playing on a phone where the controls are half the screen, so I'm usually focused on dodging attacks instead of seeing some extra button light up. In story mode Hu deleted phase one in a few seconds, then ran around for a while until phase 3 happened, then ran around a little while until I won because of the autoaim option pig thing. In the weekly version I just brute forced it with ZL/Ganyu/friendship/friendship and ate the deaths. The time for me to care about mechanics is not after blowing nearly eight loving hours mostly fast-forwarding through multiple quest chains.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Burning Beidou Overload

https://i.imgur.com/W26gPJb.mp4

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I see alot more aggravate than the few overloads. You didn't even fire off Nahida's ult, which would thrown a crapload more spread damage on that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The new boss is the first one I had to actually read the tutorial pop up at the beginning, yeah. Considering how irrelevant a lot of the panels are in the first phase I think they ran out of good ideas halfway through but felt compelled to complete the set.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I didn''t understand the new boss but I had Zhongli so I didn't have to

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

man im really torn between continuing to try for nahida to use my guaranteed 50/50 or saving for wanderer (at which point we might have more alhaitham details so i might end up skipping and saving for him instead)

i have tighnari + signature weapon so im not really hurting for dendro, but i have yae and yelan so i could do a good hyperbloom team, but those could be just as good for wanderer, but alhaitham sounds like he's gonna be nutty if the leaks we got in that huge data scrape are true

:supaburn:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Archon reruns seem pretty frequent, so skipping Nahida now isn't the end of the world. I think Mihoyo did Dendro Traveler dirty by releasing his/her C6 and Nahida in the same patch. They're still a very capable dendro support.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I see alot more aggravate than the few overloads. You didn't even fire off Nahida's ult, which would thrown a crapload more spread damage on that.

Overload sounds cooler though.

I could definitely be playing the team better. There are still plenty of odd details I'm working out. At first this was a team where TF Bennet was filling time in the rotation, now it seems like TF Beidou makes a lot more sense. As long as Nahida is there, Beidou can cause an electro reaction by doing pretty much anything. C4 Beidou can even apply electro with normal and charge attacks if she thinks she recently saw a number approaching her in a hostile fashion. In that clip she reduces her cooldown with a charge attack because she has a quicken aura to react with. She actually manages to proc the cooldown reduction 3 times, without even trying too hard, because the first one appears to be free.

I need to figure out how often I can get Beidou to do parries. Getting two into a Bennet burst is simple enough, but 3 should be possible.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mix. posted:

man im really torn between continuing to try for nahida to use my guaranteed 50/50 or saving for wanderer (at which point we might have more alhaitham details so i might end up skipping and saving for him instead)

i have tighnari + signature weapon so im not really hurting for dendro, but i have yae and yelan so i could do a good hyperbloom team, but those could be just as good for wanderer, but alhaitham sounds like he's gonna be nutty if the leaks we got in that huge data scrape are true

:supaburn:

Nahida will probably fill a bigger niche compared to Wanderer for the foreseeable future. She doesn't completely make DMC or Collei irrelevant, but she's pretty unmatched as a Dendro enabler who does shitloads of damage effective at any range and unlikely to be dethroned.

Wanderer looks like he'll mostly be a hypercarry that needs specific supports (i.e. Faruzan), albeit a super stylish one who's SSS tier in exploration.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Speaking of Nahida, should I bother with her normal attack talent levels? She gets her stats from EM and reactions and stuff so I wasn't thinking to do so currently

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mix. posted:

With reruns being a thing and the move to 3-4 banners per patch, it's not worth stressing either way. By the time you've got gear from the new set (because it's always a new set) for The Mouche it'll be nearly time for a rerun anyway. :v:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Nahida will probably fill a bigger niche compared to Wanderer for the foreseeable future. She doesn't completely make DMC or Collei irrelevant, but she's pretty unmatched as a Dendro enabler who does shitloads of damage effective at any range and unlikely to be dethroned.

Wanderer looks like he'll mostly be a hypercarry that needs specific supports (i.e. Faruzan), albeit a super stylish one who's SSS tier in exploration.
What's Faruzan's job in general? I know she has some kind of anemo resistance shred. Is that all?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Speaking of Nahida, should I bother with her normal attack talent levels? She gets her stats from EM and reactions and stuff so I wasn't thinking to do so currently

Depends on the team you put her in and its rotation. Leveling the talent at least to 6 is probably worth it if you're spending a good chunk of time attacking with her, but if Nahida is just an E bot who then swaps out and lets someone else like Keqing take the field, yeah you can it at 1.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wow how did I live without nahida's camera flash long range mat stealer???

the only reason she's not the best character in the game is because Kaz still exists

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

What's Faruzan's job in general? I know she has some kind of anemo resistance shred. Is that all?

She's got the anemo shred, and some anemo damage buffs for the team. Also gets a vortex effect for some grouping ability.

Super laser focused on being a support for an anemo DPS.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

You're still building CRIT and Dendro DMG on her, so it's worth it to level them up. Even more so if you like having her out on the field. It's definitely the least priority of the three, though.

FractalSandwich posted:

She also buffs Anemo DMG directly, so she'll be like Kazuha, who can do both, except just for teams whose dps is primarily Anemo.

On top of that, she'll also bring a decent amount of cc.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Finally, my dream of main DPS Sayu is real.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

You're still building CRIT and Dendro DMG on her, so it's worth it to level them up. Even more so if you like having her out on the field. It's definitely the least priority of the three, though.

Those were just the best stats I got out of running the artifact domain 5 times because I don't have much that's great for Dendro yet even though I have all three characters :v:

I use her in a Fischl/Xingqiu/Yelan/Raiden team normally or I'll drop the electro put in a not-Bennet healer if there're lots of mushrooms so I can get more normal mushroom drops, I'd have her kitted out for EM if I had any artifacts for it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm definitely going to throw rolls at Wanderer and Faruzan because anemo best element and exploration power creep.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was fighting the new weekly boss with Fischl/Yelan/Zhongli/Ayato and the construct the boss makes that you have to break before the spirit bomb was taking zero damage from hydro, physical, or electro. Is that normal? Was I missing something? Didn't have a problem on my story run through with three cryo + kazuha.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I think they all have electro shields on them that you have to break.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's normal. They're electro shields so they require a reaction, meaning physical doesn't work, they're immune to electro, and what do you know electro-charged also deals electro damage so it doesn't break electro shields. It's a really dumb mechanic, but luckily it doesn't matter because it's not a real enemy and it doesn't matter if one of your people dies.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

This is how you do Sayu + Nahida
https://i.imgur.com/vAHlaNu.mp4

So what’s the setup here. Does Sayu still roll with VV or does the fact she’s a hyperbloom trigger mean she wants to use one of the new sets?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Stare-Out posted:

I think they all have electro shields on them that you have to break.
These are the first constructs with elemental health bars, aren't they...

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'm glad we destroyed the internet.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

These are the first constructs with elemental health bars, aren't they...

No, pretty sure the uh, triangle robot in the desert has them, too.

Also: every hypostasis.

Anyway the annoying thing about them is you can't reach 2/3 of them if you're hutao. I tried the fight on idiot baby mode and just like in the story version, what actually kills the stupid robot is better paimon, because i'm too busy wandering around the stage poking at the idiot puzzles, when i'm not getting stomped on by a boss that is entirely too large to actually dodge.

Xalidur posted:

I'm glad we destroyed the internet.

I wonder how the concresoil quest chain starts, now that he doesn't have the akasha to tell him "tough poo poo, you make pottery." Guess it doesn't have to change too much, seeing as the thing existed until a week ago anyway.

What's weird is that I finally finished the quest, after being so mad at being told to wait 2 days (in game) that I just ignored the thing for two days (real), and even when I glanced at reddit, there weren't a million threads about one of the very exciting things nahida was willing to share (specifically the descenders/your brother|sister isn't one bit). I guess they're too busy posting about mouse cursor charge attacks or whatever.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

What's weird is that I finally finished the quest, after being so mad at being told to wait 2 days (in game) that I just ignored the thing for two days (real), and even when I glanced at reddit, there weren't a million threads about one of the very exciting things nahida was willing to share (specifically the descenders/your brother|sister isn't one bit). I guess they're too busy posting about mouse cursor charge attacks or whatever.

It'll probably come up more when we get the next Dain chapter several months from now.

Also, given the implications of the world memory stuff, and the fact that Fontaine has been hyped up so far as "Ace Attorney French Bioshock Land where we have The Talk about Celestia", we could be in for a real wild ride once the plot picks up again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Of course the real question about Fontaine is: are they going to give us guns as a new weapon type?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is Benny really the only fire sword in the game still ?

please more, mihoyo, the traveler isn't gonna make it to natlan for awhile...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Zikan posted:

So what’s the setup here. Does Sayu still roll with VV or does the fact she’s a hyperbloom trigger mean she wants to use one of the new sets?

Sayu mainly wants as much EM as possible. If you can get that with a VV set it's great, you'll get more swirl damage and elemental shred against electro. Giving her Gilded Dreams would probably work out just fine. She should also be level 90 is you're serious about really doing this.

Barbara is holding 4 pieces of Thundering Fury (stats don't matter) and an R5 Thrilling Tales.

The team has to work around Fischl's uptime and Barbara's cooldown. You want to be rolling the whole time that the bird is active. I actually screwed up a little in the clip and infused Sayu with electro. It's better to start the roll and then avoid enemies at first so it infuses hydro instead. You get more Dendro cores that way, but for some reason it makes very little difference against single targets.

After Sayu is done spin dashing, you get to phase 2 of the rotation. Fire off Sayu's and Fischl's burst, then stand there and do normal attacks with Barbara. With Sayu doing swirls from off-field, you get a taser squad going. Barbara will be causing electro-charge with her attacks, which will reduce her cooldown, so you can start the rotation over again. Nahida -> Barbara -> Fishcl -> roll around at the speed of sound.

This is not a practical team. Everything crashes to a halt if Sayu's roll is interrupted. A heavy attack will knock her out of her roll. Coming into contact with cryo will freeze her, which is a real problem with these Eremites that like to infuse themselves with cryo and get up in your personal space.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The new weekly boss sucks because its brute forceable and super boring that way, but also none of its mechanics are required to be engaged with to win. So none are sign posted well, but if you do the mechanics it becomes a better fight. Like I'm an idiot and I didn't know only the core took full damage so I just nipped at the legs like an idiot and didn't see the platform that let's you hit the core. But also its giant and if you're melee you're already down there so it's hard to see. Idk, it fails at being a normal boss or a puzzle fight because they tried to split the difference.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Genshin set two statistical records this week, one in global and one in China. One with the most liked tweet on the official English Global twitter account ever with Scaramouche's redesign reveal (It's almost up to 400K likes now), and the other with Nahida/Yoimiya allegedly having the first banner to generate more revenue on China IOS on it's 3rd day of being active than on the 1st day which is being credited to people finishing the archon quest on the 2nd or 3rd day of 2.2 and being motivated to make sure they grab at least a C0 of Nahida. The 2nd one can't really be 100% confirmed although it's being subjected to the same metric all banner analysis has been to date so it would appear to be the case that it's estimated revenue was 5.1 Million USD for Day 1 (which was already apparently the best first day performance for a Genshin banner on China IOS) and 6.3 Million USD for Day 3. Also there's no way to divine people's exact specific motivations for these things other than to base it off internet chatter from Chinese BBS, WeChat etc. I don't think it's possible for the Nahida/Yoimiya banner run to do any worse than Top 5 all time for China IOS. As to what's going on in those images, the spikes you see in order are from Tighnari/Zhongli, Ganyu/Kokomi, Cyno/Venti, Nilou/Albedo and then Nahida/Yoimiya going live on 08/24, 09/09, 09/28, 10/14 and then 11/02 respectively and the number on the y column is conversion to USD.

To put it in perspective I guess, by the end of the day after 5 days of being active it should already be beyond the Ayato/Venti one and by the end of the first week it's probably going to be beyond Hu Tao's rerun from last October and the Kazuha/Klee one from version 2.8 with still another week and a half to go. There's no reason to believe it can't necessarily be the best performing banner period for China IOS to date. China has no chill with player spending when it comes to this game or Honor of Kings it would seem, though Honor of Kings isn't a gacha game to begin with.

Also for that like 1 or 2 other folks that play Honkai in this thread, it looks like they've finally revealed at least a portion of the Herscherr of the End for that one. It looks like it's kind of coming into existence in the trailer. End of Evangelion vibes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Nyoro posted:

is Benny really the only fire sword in the game still ?

please more, mihoyo, the traveler isn't gonna make it to natlan for awhile...

if you c6 your bennet, they're all fire swords.

Eimi posted:

The new weekly boss sucks because its brute forceable and super boring that way, but also none of its mechanics are required to be engaged with to win. So none are sign posted well, but if you do the mechanics it becomes a better fight. Like I'm an idiot and I didn't know only the core took full damage so I just nipped at the legs like an idiot and didn't see the platform that let's you hit the core. But also its giant and if you're melee you're already down there so it's hard to see. Idk, it fails at being a normal boss or a puzzle fight because they tried to split the difference.

sorry, the what now

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zenostein posted:

sorry, the what now

I'm with you, I hacked away at the ankles and am only just finding out that wasnt what I was supposed to do. Considering how gung-ho the game can be in the overworld about grabbing camera control to make sure I dont miss things like the skyhooks that come out of dendro flowers and stuff, it kept real loving quiet about any platform in that boss fight.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

if you c6 your bennet, they're all fire swords.

sorry, the what now

I know when you stun it when he tries to do his big stupid instakill move, his chest and cockpit opens up like a 3d Sonic boss and you can clover-grab your way up to a platform to dps on him. Don't know if that's available any other time in phase 2, tho.

Genshin devs continue to forget the golden rule of 3d level design: "Players never look up without prompting"

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Got Nahida from the guaranteed pull on ~76 Pity? I almost want to thank Qiqi for showing up during the last banner's 50/50 because DMC & Keqing combo has been tearing through enemies as expected and I imagine this can only be more efficient than that.

Finally, my silly FTP rear end can chill with this game for a little while. And thank god for that because the quest writing was starting to do my head in. Surely they don't need all that filler at this point? That Xiao-centric interlude for example had some nice, poignant stuff in there and one or two interesting concepts that would've hit harder without all the chaff around it...

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Me. I want a nilou in every city.

sleep aids are important!

free Trapt CD posted:

Finally, my silly FTP rear end can chill with this game for a little while. And thank god for that because the quest writing was starting to do my head in. Surely they don't need all that filler at this point? That Xiao-centric interlude for example had some nice, poignant stuff in there and one or two interesting concepts that would've hit harder without all the chaff around it...

the fact that you never really have to pay attention to anything that happens in this game outside of archon/event quests is certainly something else

i’ll never forgive them for removing the ability to skip-spam text, especially right around the time people started complaining more about the writing being terrible. it felt so deliberate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I love Keqing but I feel like everybody else has gotten a ton of dupes of her and mine sits at a lowly c0