Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Aexo posted:

I always felt like I wanted my sens to be lower but it was already difficult to do a 180 at the speed I was at.

Then I watched Surefour's video on mouse accel and it's so much better now. It's slow enough for close range tracking but still fast enough to turn around when I need to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5yU5rCxuk

I've been using this for a couple of years and it is good. Definitely not necessary and 100% a matter of personal preference, but it pretty much works as advertised: you have the ability to make larger turns while also retaining precision for small movements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
How bad was the tank in the last match when I joined the last minute and had like 4 total kills with D.VA that I got three endorsements

Also I never really got Zarya despite a lot of practice before on OW1 (still don’t hit the grenades enough and always mistimed my bubbles) but she is so OP now that she is my go to tank when I am not getting much healing or on maps where you move something.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The argument I've always seen against mouse accel (which I used to use in the quake 3 era) has been that it makes large flicks unreliable, and overwatch is a flick heavy game. I've since switched off it. I just can't see being able to do a 180 and have muscle memory for BOTH speed AND distance to accurately place a cursor, but Surefour played McCree and Hanzo so it must be a thing

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If you don't own Ramattra and you play as Echo and try to copy an enemy Ramattra, will it kick you out straight to the shop?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Cease and desist letters incoming.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Huh, no wonder I'm pretty decent at landing Javelins.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

continuing to play this game can't be good for your mental health

bag of a bee
Jun 17, 2007

headcase posted:

At some point you have to decide whether you want to play a game where every character has vastly different playstyles and lots of them 'unfun' abilities that are impossible to balance at every elo, or if you want to play a game where everyone has a medium range assault rifle and some token utility.

Man, I am so burnt out on trying Bride of Junkenstein legendary. I've done all of the other challenges, but this one aint working with pubbies so far.

It took me way too many hours to figure that out. I finally went back to CS.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Hashy posted:

The argument I've always seen against mouse accel (which I used to use in the quake 3 era) has been that it makes large flicks unreliable, and overwatch is a flick heavy game. I've since switched off it. I just can't see being able to do a 180 and have muscle memory for BOTH speed AND distance to accurately place a cursor, but Surefour played McCree and Hanzo so it must be a thing

The app Surefour uses to apply accel is tuneable and consistent. You can configure a "dead zone" where up to a certain speed the accel doesn't engage.

Remember long/quick flicks are always a first stop in aiming for your next target. There's a smaller "correction" flick that comes after. You can't expect yourself to 180 immediately into a headshot.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Good for you.
I'm sure Bobby Kotick appreciates the refill on his cocaine bucket.

your relentless negativity is noted. cut it out

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Please just put him on ignore. It improves thread quality thousandfold.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I apologize for not being more positive about getting screwed by your favorite corporations. I'll do better next time I promise.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 6, 2022

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I apologize for not being more positive about getting screwed by your favorite corporations. I'll do better next time I promise.

every post you make sucks rear end and is the same type of poo poo. I challenge you to say something new or make a new form of criticism

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

:rolleyes:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Notably if you don't like a game you can stop playing it. I stopped playing overwatch for years!

If it sucks hit da bricks!

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Jack Trades posted:

Huh, no wonder I'm pretty decent at landing Javelins.

As a tracer player I have a theory her head hit box is the size of torb

I have hundreds of hours of tracer in OW1 so dying to a random headshot from a hanzo who wasn’t even aiming for me doesn’t even make me feel anything anymore, that’s the way she goes sometimes

But man, it feels like it happens a lot in OW2

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Notably if you don't like a game you can stop playing it. I stopped playing overwatch for years!

If it sucks hit da bricks!

Overwatch is bad but Junkrat is good

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Squinky v2.0 posted:

As a tracer player I have a theory her head hit box is the size of torb

I have hundreds of hours of tracer in OW1 so dying to a random headshot from a hanzo who wasn’t even aiming for me doesn’t even make me feel anything anymore, that’s the way she goes sometimes

But man, it feels like it happens a lot in OW2

It's because her head hitbox is bigger than her head, but that + the increased OW2 projectile sizes leads to absolutely ridiculous screenshots like the one you're quoting. See that mercy screenshot i posted a while back.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

Boooooooring

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Does saving highlights just not work at all as a feature in OW2? Got a sick 1 v 5 500% to 0% team wipe on Sym I want to save, but the button is greyed.

edit: figured it out, you have to back all the way to the title screen for the game to not count as "queueing for a match"

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 6, 2022

urea
Aug 18, 2013

I hate that blizzard decided to destroy open queue instead of actually balancing their game. game sucks now

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's pretty crazy that Sojourn hasn't been nerfed. Watching good Soj players makes her look like Soldier and Widow all in one champ with better mobility than either AND a huge area denial on low cooldown. Just bonkers. They should at least nerf her charge rate out of ult to 1/2 or less.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

It's pretty crazy that Sojourn hasn't been nerfed. Watching good Soj players makes her look like Soldier and Widow all in one champ with better mobility than either AND a huge area denial on low cooldown. Just bonkers. They should at least nerf her charge rate out of ult to 1/2 or less.

Yeah it would be fine if the rail gun was not a OHK, but a finisher, or if the machine gun did a lot less damage with more falloff and the slower charge time that comes with that. I definitely think that a fully charged headshot should not kill a 200hp player.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They should make the railgun charge much more slowly, and change her ult. I don't see the railgun thing ever working as an ult. it's too good

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Did they keep the railgun width buff from beta? Because that was a very unnecessary buff imo. It was fine when you had to aim it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just got a daily of "100 eliminations" which seems like a lot, given another one of my dailies is "Emote Hello to a support"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Numbers apparently show she is underperforming anywhere below Masters so they're apparently not interested in straight nerfing her and will supposedly do a more substantial rework in season 2

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Sojourn does require you to actually click on a head to get max value so gold players do struggle. And i feel like they particularly struggle with her ult because it's much harder to use than the usual "press Q to win" Riptires and Death Blossoms

but also everything else about her kit is great. Escapability, utility, small hitbox, etc.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

her grenade also does silly damage and it can be hard to tell you're in the middle of it sometimes. Sojourn's great

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Jack Trades posted:

I have placed an Orb of Discord on this poster.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Countblanc posted:

The Numbers apparently show she is underperforming anywhere below Masters so they're apparently not interested in straight nerfing her and will supposedly do a more substantial rework in season 2

Numbers are such a dumbfuck tonedeaf way to try and balance something, though. If there was a hero so strong that it was literally picked 100% of games, the winrate would be below 50%, because every match ever would include exactly 1 win and 1 loss, + the draw variation.

If you just looked at numbers, Moira, the hero who puts out the highest total numbers in the game would need a nerf.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BabyRyoga posted:

If you just looked at numbers, Moira, the hero who puts out the highest total numbers in the game would need a nerf.

That's cuz of me cuz I'm so good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Quotey posted:

I have placed an Orb of Discord on this poster.

praying for doomfist to come flying out of nowhere and combo him out of the thread forever

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Countblanc posted:

They should just nerf her anyway, she's going to suck below masters regardless, it would only affect the high rank games, which is where she's dominating.

I have a feeling widow is going to make a comeback once they rework her. Blizzard didn't learn their lesson with widow when they did sojourn: a anoerixic model with a one shot kill mechanic, insane mobility, AND an infinitely better E ability than widow AND a better ult than widow's, what the hell was blizzard thinking? The last thing this game needed was widow on steroids.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

in this game you can play as a gorilla with a lightning gun and thats pretty cool. i also like the guy with a giant axe, and the guy who skates around like shadow the hedgehog. doomfist is awesome too but i cant play him worth a drat and people scream at you in QP if you take him

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I've not had anyone scream at me in quick play yet, but I wouldn't touch voice chat if you paid me. One time I got into a conversation with the other team's tank where I said something like "Today I learned: Doomfist can't stun Roadhog out of his ult"* and he went "Today I learned: it's possible to win with Doomfist" and then he friended me. So it says something about how garbage a character is when other people befriend you for winning a single match with them. I'm pretty sure my win rate with the guy is 40% or so..... It's... Less than good, I know that much.

*(He might be able to with his block having given him a bit more oomph. I am bad with the block. His block is new and confounding to me and I miss my uppercut.)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Calibanibal posted:

i also like the guy with a giant axe

Its a hammer >:-(

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Screaming is an exaggeration I guess, but I think I have been called out by somebody in every doomfish game I've played. Of course people also get mad if I play Lucio and dive the enemy backline instead of healing so I dunno. Its QP, just let people cheese

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Its a hammer >:-(

the blackhardt skin is canon. although I also like the chinese skin where the beads on his necklace are bigger than his head

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hammers and axes are, results-wise, the same thing if you swing them hard enough

Calibanibal posted:

Screaming is an exaggeration I guess, but I think I have been called out by somebody in every doomfish game I've played.

my experience with league has taught me that, if someone picks something extremely off-meta, there's a reasonable chance of them actually having a clue what they're doing even if it seems like the most troll poo poo imaginable

can't speak much for ranked but, at least in QP, every doomfist who's showed up on my team has been a loving monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ive had very few experiences having doom on my team but it seems a fairly even split between monster team erasers and feeding so he cant be too bad but then again this is at the level of play where sombra patiently wiping me out is enough to force me to switch