Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So there was a shooter in Philly and all the sportsball news has eclipsed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I adopted a cat yesterday

That is a great looking cat. Thank you for sharing.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

My favorite story about Philly is about this group of 40 German men who moved to Germantown and set up in the woods outside of town because their leader said the end times would happen in 1694 and the woman of the wilderness from Revalations would end up there.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

mags posted:

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1589115135880495104

holy poo poo this man needs to be catapulted into the sun

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1589129408715329538

aside from the lack of basic human compassion the guy is a total moron.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

I'm going to go to the fancy store tomorrow and see if I can find those pickling cucumbers, fresh ones, so I can make some habanero pickles with some of the peppers I've got in the back yard.

home fermenting is fun, friendly plants and their yeast and bacteria friends provide you with delicious food

nice!

do a sincere post on how you prep all that. I'd like to learn

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

neutral milf hotel posted:

nice!

Second

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

My favorite story about Philly is about this group of 40 German men who moved to Germantown and set up in the woods outside of town because their leader said the end times would happen in 1694 and the woman of the wilderness from Revalations would end up there.

....well? did they?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

it was MOP BUCKET water???? this guys gonna get hosed up lol

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

....well? did they?

According to them, almost

every summer solstice they would perform this ritual with a huge bonfire and call out to the woman in the wilderness to come to them. in 1697, a bright light started to descend during the ritual, but then it went back up and they never saw the light again.

fascinating history of the almost apocalypse

HUGE PUBES A PLUS has issued a correction as of 14:31 on Nov 6, 2022

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Rubellavator posted:

funny how often those two go hand in hand

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

nice!

I'm no expert but the good news is you don't have to be one; vegetables ferment themselves. The only "tricky" thing is getting the salt concentration right, and that's not really tricky at all. You just figure out how much your to-be-pickled veg and seasonings and water weighs, then measure out salt to get the concentration you want. I won't give a specific number; it's between 2% and 5% but google around.

Korean groceries are great places to get vessels for fermenting stuff. At least, I'm envious of the crocks I see there, and my impression generally is that Koreans don't gently caress around with cooking equipment.

Home-made sauerkraut is really good and it's vastly cheaper than store-bought. A whole head of green cabbage costs less than $2 usually.

I don't do this all the time, but cooler weather makes me think about it more.

e: oh also depending on where you live you probably should use bottled water, because tap water supplies often have more chlorine by-products than you want for this purpose.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/amanbatheja/status/1588513587580080134

Eat my rear end, Trump. I voted in my pajamas and dropped my ballot off a week ago in a drop box.

Hell yeah. Did the same and got some coffee after. Was a nice morning.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

emfive posted:

I'm no expert but the good news is you don't have to be one; vegetables ferment themselves. The only "tricky" thing is getting the salt concentration right, and that's not really tricky at all. You just figure out how much your to-be-pickled veg and seasonings and water weighs, then measure out salt to get the concentration you want. I won't give a specific number; it's between 2% and 5% but google around.

Korean groceries are great places to get vessels for fermenting stuff. At least, I'm envious of the crocks I see there, and my impression generally is that Koreans don't gently caress around with cooking equipment.

Home-made sauerkraut is really good and it's vastly cheaper than store-bought. A whole head of green cabbage costs less than $2 usually.

I have 25 lbs farting in the crock right now

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
pretty good fermentation article https://nwedible.com/how-much-salt-fermentation/

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

every summer solstice they would perform this ritual with a huge bonfire and call out to the woman in the wilderness to come to them. in 1697, a bright light started to descend during the ritual, but then it went back up and they never saw the light again.

well if they show up hmu Germantown isn't far from here and i'll gladly drive over for front row seats to the apocalypse, we can all crash at my place

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

a.lo posted:

people getting upset seeing homeless people outside their hotel room means it's fine to pour cold water on them in november and then blaming them

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
good morning. Sunday morning

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

they didn't have enough aether to finish the summoning process so the primal's longevity was limited.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

they didn't have enough aether to finish the summoning process so the primal's longevity was limited.

Demiurge said "TRUP!" CLICK

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The funniest midterm result would be absolutely no changing of the seats so everything stays the same and people say ‘democracy is saved!’ before Manchin and Sinema vote No on some bill that would really help a lot of people.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thanks for all this!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The funniest midterm result would be absolutely no changing of the seats so everything stays the same and people say ‘democracy is saved!’ before Manchin and Sinema vote No on some bill that would really help a lot of people.

drat this would own lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yeah this sounds likely. I think the press in the US exists to keep the status quo normalized.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hell yeah. Did the same and got some coffee after. Was a nice morning.

wow, you all just fed your vote to the Drok Bok and you're okay with this?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!
:smugdon:
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1589253349991399427?t=ICdhgZeIusYC7Nl-XlntcA&s=19

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dizzy dean hates the first amendment. free assembly bitch!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if triple sulk doesn't post in 24 hours then we should assume he firebombed the Rocky statue in Philly

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if triple sulk doesn't post in 24 hours then we should assume he firebombed the Rocky statue in Philly

Philly posters do a wellness check please

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

e: oh also depending on where you live you probably should use bottled water, because tap water supplies often have more chlorine by-products than you want for this purpose.

sounds good. there's a H-Mart over in Cambridge that I can poke around for supplies

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

spacemang_spliff posted:

There's a tweet I saw and I can't stop thinking about it but I can't find it

It's the song Tequila but it zooms in on trump and then when it's supposed to be the baritone voice saying "Tequila!" it's trump saying "The n-word"

https://twitter.com/NoahGarfinkel/status/1573510371125522432?t=Ty9QWNdrB1jWeDWlDPkjQA&s=19

The Nastier Nate posted:

well if they show up hmu Germantown isn't far from here and i'll gladly drive over for front row seats to the apocalypse, we can all crash at my place

The cult leader's supposed hovel is still somewhere in Wissahickon Park, there's a path leading to it but I don't recall where.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this person who wants to arrest me? I wouldn't even gently caress her. *crowd hoots and hollers as their heart rate monitors start beeping*

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
check this out. party reg of seniors 75+ is leaning Dem recently. guess all that talk of cutting/killing social security is freaking out boomers

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1589051147918409728

neutral milf hotel has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Nov 6, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

check this out. party reg of seniors 75+ is leaning heavily Dem recently. guess all that talk of cutting/killing social security is freaking out boomers

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1589051147918409728

There's a whole lot of old people who don't like Trumo or American Fascism

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

petit choux posted:

There's a whole lot of old people who don't like Trumo or American Fascism

lol this isn’t France because American boomers love fash poo poo but saw their Social Security was going to get hosed

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/PelosiMorning/status/1589234140498436096?t=CV7XWVamZ7luQyA-SclS_g&s=19

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Poor Philly. There's not even an Eagles game today because they played Thursday.

They did beat the poo poo out of the Texans though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
happy daylight savings time everyone. the day we collectively decided there was too much sun so now it's night time when you get off work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

lol this isn’t France because American boomers love fash poo poo but saw their Social Security was going to get hosed

What, you say this isn't France? I musta took a wrong turn at Scranton.