Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I'll admit The Most Important Election Ever 3: The Vote Warriors™ is a pretty solid sequel, but my favorite will always be the 2016 original: The Most Important Election Ever: Abuela Rising™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
funny thing is, even if we assume that the whole "most important election ever" isn't just cynical hostage-taking and the dems actually believe this poo poo, it feels like a p bad situation to put yourself in if literally every single election is this massive existential crisis of unprecedented importance

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

funny thing is, even if we assume that the whole "most important election ever" isn't just cynical hostage-taking and the dems actually believe this poo poo, it feels like a p bad situation to put yourself in if literally every single election is this massive existential crisis of unprecedented importance

It's just further evidence that the filibuster should be eliminated and the parties need to start posting manifestos like they do in the UK and a lot of other European parliaments. Get elected --> pass your massive plank of bills to fulfill your promises ---> prosper, etc

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

It's just further evidence that the filibuster should be eliminated and the parties need to start posting manifestos like they do in the UK and a lot of other European parliaments. Get elected --> pass your massive plank of bills to fulfill your promises ---> prosper, etc

That system would mark the final end of the Dems

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

fast cars loose anus posted:

That system would mark the final end of the Dems

Nah, it would just force them to put the fuckin honey on the table

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Which the dems are categorically incapable of doing, hence the end of the dems. The democrats do not believe in projects that would help the average worker. They are *already* achieving their governance goals. Everything else is smoke and mirrors they never intend to follow up on

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Nix Panicus posted:

Which the dems are categorically incapable of doing, hence the end of the dems. The democrats do not believe in projects that would help the average worker. They are *already* achieving their governance goals. Everything else is smoke and mirrors they never intend to follow up on

well, then this would lead to an actual progressive party replacing them hopefully!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

you're positing a dem party that "passes its massive plank of bills" lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

the democrats would have a whole clown car full of senators willing to suddenly get Very Concerned about the defecit

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Nix Panicus posted:

There was a lot of energy after the election to declare election day a federal holiday to fight voter suppression. Not everyone gets federal holidays off, but a lot of people do, so it would make a huge difference in voter turnout. And of course the democrats had declared voter rights a top priority in the wake of widespread suppression during the 2020 election, so it seemed like a natural priority, right?

Haha no they made a regional summer holiday that only makes any sense in Texas into a federal holiday instead so there could be more summer cookouts, which are good for business!

Vote!

they declared it so quickly that the USPS didn't even have time to give their workers the day off that first year, and it's still kinda up in the air for federal workers in general lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

you're positing a dem party that "passes its massive plank of bills" lol

one stupid dumbo

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Also what happens in the UK is parties write a manifesto and then when they become the government they implement the bits they want and say now isn't the right time to do the bits they never intended to do. There's always an external event that can be blamed for making conditions unsuitable for often incredibly tenuous reasons. If there isn't then the party deposes the prime minister and their replacement says something like we will stick to the spirit if not the letter of the manifesto which is exactly what has just happened

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

Florida blackmailer just dropped

uuggghh this image triggered a memory of a couple months after 2016 my loving boomer dad looked up my voting record I guess online or something and found out I didn't vote. I just came over to visit and he suddenly started waving this thing he got in the mail around and was like "You didn't vote for Hillary! What the gently caress?" and I was caught off guard but I was like "What is that? Are you sure it's accurate? I loving voted for her! " and luckily my dad is kinda gullible and he was like "Hmmmm? maybe it's not updated yet?" and I changed the subject but that poo poo should be illegal. It's like mind ya business :nyd:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Koishi Komeiji posted:

uuggghh this image triggered a memory of a couple months after 2016 my loving boomer dad looked up my voting record I guess online or something and found out I didn't vote. I just came over to visit and he suddenly started waving this thing he got in the mail around and was like "You didn't vote for Hillary! What the gently caress?" and I was caught off guard but I was like "What is that? Are you sure it's accurate? I loving voted for her! " and luckily my dad is kinda gullible and he was like "Hmmmm? maybe it's not updated yet?" and I changed the subject but that poo poo should be illegal. It's like mind ya business :nyd:

Wield your terrible power next time. You could be as feared as Susan Sarandon.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this thread getting down voted two days before election day is very funny

almost like.. a warning..

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ex post facho posted:

this thread getting down voted two days before election day is very funny

almost like.. a warning..

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Shoulda said it was voter suppression and proof or the republican big steal. Maybe say you saw two big Russian guys talking to the poll workers while you were there. It would have absolutely liquified his brains

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Minecraft Holmes posted:

they declared it so quickly that the USPS didn't even have time to give their workers the day off that first year, and it's still kinda up in the air for federal workers in general lol

They passed Juneteenth as a consolation prize for the systemic racism and corruption in the justice system that kicked off the 2020 protests but didn't really do anything else except push for even more cop funding. Its so utterly transparent and condescending and its infuriating because it worked. I got into an argument with some very social justice minded lib friends over summer 2021 about it and they kept trying to point a 1950s book that didnt get published til 1999 as proof that Juneteenth was a popular and beloved holiday across the country with deep significance and calling it a blatant distraction from the democrat's total inaction on actual racial justice was extremely rude.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

One of the biggest controversies for conservatives in Canada was that they would just put all their legislative priorities into a bill, and then pass it. And it wasn't fair! That's not how we're supposed to do it! Etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

They passed Juneteenth as a consolation prize for the systemic racism and corruption in the justice system that kicked off the 2020 protests but didn't really do anything else except push for even more cop funding. Its so utterly transparent and condescending and its infuriating because it worked. I got into an argument with some very social justice minded lib friends over summer 2021 about it and they kept trying to point a 1950s book that didnt get published til 1999 as proof that Juneteenth was a popular and beloved holiday across the country with deep significance and calling it a blatant distraction from the democrat's total inaction on actual racial justice was extremely rude.

columbus days adoption diffused a major east coast immigrant riot after 14 italians were lynched together for doing business with blacks in the south

juneteenth is the same thing but instead of naming it after a person tangentially related to the group they are trying to placate that would turn out to actually piss off different people much later, they just went with the colloquial name that makes white people think blacks still cant speak english properly.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Don't forget that it also serves to piss off a ton of normal people who just found the post office closed on a random Monday

Conveniently generating public sentiment against both the government as a whole (via the various different branches and departments affected) and also blm as a cause (when they find out why it's closed)

Sometimes i wonder if they intentionally calculate these things so they can have as little positive impact as possible

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

Florida blackmailer just dropped

Got one of these from beto, it listed that I voted in 2016 and 2018, but not 2020 and said how would you feel if your community knew you didn't vote? And man, seeing that 2020 No convinced me to definitely not vote.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

really queer Christmas posted:

Got one of these from beto, it listed that I voted in 2016 and 2018, but not 2020 and said how would you feel if your community knew you didn't vote? And man, seeing that 2020 No convinced me to definitely not vote.
you didn't vote for my boy Howie Hawkins? that's fuckin rude imo, we were only 4.9% away from hitting 5% for federal matching funds

(I have no idea how many votes the green party actually got)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you submit a blank ballot does that still count as voting

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

In Training posted:

probably but at that point you're passing up the chance to write gently caress a bunch of times and getting nothing in return so quite frankly i don't understand your value structure

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

In Training posted:

Yes because they record you as turning out

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ive gotten 12 emails from stacey abrams (some written in character from her dog) in the last 24 hours and i dont even live in georgia.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
absolutely psychotic

like in japan they have vans with megaphones that go around neighborhoods and be a nuisance/ruin your day that way, poo poo like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJAxf9XpoQ

they're not sending you short stories from the perspective of their pets

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Phone posted:

absolutely psychotic

like in japan they have vans with megaphones that go around neighborhoods and be a nuisance/ruin your day that way, poo poo like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJAxf9XpoQ

they're not sending you short stories from the perspective of their pets

Its not actually a short story. It's a chatlog between her two dogs, with several embedded actblue links I've removed.

Howl’s it goin’, Alice! It’s Teddy and I have a paw-some update for you!

Teddy

Hi Teddy. What’s new?

Alice

The good news is the plan to get Stacey to the Governor’s Mansion is a bone-ified success! We’ve fetched some great numbers during Early Vote, with over 2 million humans casting their ballots.

Teddy

That is howl-ariously great news!

Alice

Everyone on Team Abrams is working like a dog to persuade, mobilize and help voters cast their ballots for our best friend Stacey Abrams — they barely have any time to focus on sneaking me treats.

Teddy

That’s because they’re giving them all to me in between belly rubs!

Alice

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

There was a lot of energy after the election to declare election day a federal holiday to fight voter suppression. Not everyone gets federal holidays off, but a lot of people do, so it would make a huge difference in voter turnout. And of course the democrats had declared voter rights a top priority in the wake of widespread suppression during the 2020 election, so it seemed like a natural priority, right?

Haha no they made a regional summer holiday that only makes any sense in Texas into a federal holiday instead so there could be more summer cookouts, which are good for business!

Vote!

we got the Great Value Juneteenth flavor ice cream out of the deal so who can say if it's good or bad

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Its not actually a short story. It's a chatlog between her two dogs, with several embedded actblue links I've removed.

Howl’s it goin’, Alice! It’s Teddy and I have a paw-some update for you!

Teddy

Hi Teddy. What’s new?

Alice

The good news is the plan to get Stacey to the Governor’s Mansion is a bone-ified success! We’ve fetched some great numbers during Early Vote, with over 2 million humans casting their ballots.

Teddy

That is howl-ariously great news!

Alice

Everyone on Team Abrams is working like a dog to persuade, mobilize and help voters cast their ballots for our best friend Stacey Abrams — they barely have any time to focus on sneaking me treats.

Teddy

That’s because they’re giving them all to me in between belly rubs!

Alice

that's it, I'm an ultraconservative christian dominionist now

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Ive gotten 12 emails from stacey abrams (some written in character from her dog) in the last 24 hours and i dont even live in georgia.

Son of Sam for Governor?! :eyepop:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm getting calls marked scam likely that start talking the second voicemail picks up. It's some dick talking like he's leaving a real voicemail but the timing is off so it's like "-- uuuh, come on down, bring any undecided voters you might have, it'll be our last campaign stop before the election we'll shock the world by getting a senator from our area, see you there. Shock the world!"

Uh OK thanks I'll be sure to delete this Mr Senator Uuuh. Will write you in 4 sure.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm getting calls marked scam likely that start talking the second voicemail picks up. It's some dick talking like he's leaving a real voicemail but the timing is off so it's like "-- uuuh, come on down, bring any undecided voters you might have, it'll be our last campaign stop before the election we'll shock the world by getting a senator from our area, see you there. Shock the world!"

Uh OK thanks I'll be sure to delete this Mr Senator Uuuh. Will write you in 4 sure.

Nichael is Working Hard!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Sounds so defeated & low energy it could only be a dem

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Updating my prediction from earlier in the thread:
Democrats will lose 37 house seats and 3 senate seats.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
me thinking about the democrats getting destroyed in 2 days:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Based on nothing but gut feeling:
Democrats will lose 44 House seats and 2 Senate seats.