Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I’m gonna win the Powerball and buy somethingawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Except I'm in Arizona, we were given no time. Not the way to win an election.

I used to think that this was one of the only cool things about this hellhole of a state but it turns out to be somehow even worse.

in 6 months when my co-workers finally learn I’m mountain time then bam, I’m again pacific time instead and the cycle begins anew.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/johnlevenstein/status/1457336938478792713

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The only true time is UTC

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Question: If Glenn Beck popularized the idea of the "overton window" did somebody write anything on the topic that's not a throwaway?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Buddykins posted:

bunch of clowns, absolute fools on that committee

Buddikins says don't bother they're here

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Apraxin posted:

republican primary voters will not tolerate meanness or bullying, and if donald j trump thinks he can insult his way to the nomination by denigrating the highly respected conservative governor of florida, well then he’s got another thing coming!

lol

I am Liberal LOgicMan and I have analyzed this situation with my mighty powers! Donald Trump's followers will consider the logic of this situation and act very rationally.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

petit choux posted:

Question: If Glenn Beck popularized the idea of the "overton window" did somebody write anything on the topic that's not a throwaway?

You might forget about the Glenn Beck angle and just go straight to the source, although Joseph Overton was also a right wing crank so I'm not sure how useful it would be

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Liberal Logicman is my new twitter gimmick account

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the problem isn't that Trump is bullying DeSantis, it's that he's had two years to ruminate on the best way to undermine him in a single bestowed nickname and the best he could come up with is "DeSanctimonius". he's lost his touch. he's slipping

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Chairman posted:

the problem isn't that Trump is bullying DeSantis, it's that he's had two years to ruminate on the best way to undermine him in a single bestowed nickname and the best he could come up with is "DeSanctimonius". he's lost his touch. he's slipping

This nickname has seized the zeitgeist. It's all we're posting about. It's energized this thread like nothing else - pages and pages about trump finally after long last the drought is over. Classic trump thread lib response to doubt his powers and say this won't work he is operating on another level that you can't even imagine exists its like a work of art.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

You know he had to do it one time lol #Holocaust

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Why? You won't do anything with what you find anyway.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ron Desuckmycock

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dopey desantis

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Runny dick santa

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ron "baby dick" santos

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

I will never stop being angry about daylight savings time, that was my hour they have no right to take it

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they give back the hour in a few months but no interest paid

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stupid loving shithead idiot moron gently caress rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo dickbag shitstain butt nugget ron desantis

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mayor Dave posted:

You might forget about the Glenn Beck angle and just go straight to the source, although Joseph Overton was also a right wing crank so I'm not sure how useful it would be
ty LOL I guess it might be traced back to the old Nazi propagandists too, I don't know.

I mean the basic gist is that you can, as many people are saying, just turn up the racism dial and keep watching the audience to see where the sweet spot is but not only that, that it applies to everything in politics as well as racism. It's a scientific approach to propaganda and mass psychology.

BTW I think that's why synths are the new medium. It's all about adjusting levels of poo poo, each level representing a part of a complex formula, in order to achieve a desired outcome and you turn one, it changes the entire outcome, so you turn it or another dial. Like the world of politics, there remains a whole old world of playing virtuosity that almost seems meaningless in the face that. A lot of people that excel with synths can't really play piano, they can however, like me, mash a few keys and turn on an arpeggiator and then start turning dials, maybe even looking back at the audience. And there still is a place for somebody who can actually play the keys, an actual pianist, but it's less and less the work of that individual and more the work of "engineers" and programmers. Starting to wander but I'm wondering if this analogy might have any value now.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I fuckin drove my kid to Sunday school an hour early today

Lousy farmers

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Chairman posted:

Like me, Trump is a "man of action" and acts on inspiration of the moment

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

bought a Powerball ticket. if i win i'm buying all my posting pals mcdonalds for life (but only big macs and fries)

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I like Ron DeCIAntis

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Buddykins posted:

bought a Powerball ticket. if i win i'm buying all my posting pals mcdonalds for life (but only big macs and fries)

they sell other items????

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Meatball posted:

Why? You won't do anything with what you find anyway.

Congress is mostly concerned with their own wellbeing. If the fricking secret service has been turned and they don't do anything about it, well, something something ancient Rome something Praetorian Guard

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
don’t we stop doing the time thing like next spring? we jump forward and that’s it?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
guess I should get out of bed. maybe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Red Baron posted:

don’t we stop doing the time thing like next spring? we jump forward and that’s it?

yes the world will end by then

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Ron Can Suck This!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thank God.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SirPablo posted:

The only true time is UTC

EST bithc

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I have no earthly idea when seven hours of commercial free football begins.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhAifMm1K4

petit choux has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Nov 6, 2022

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ron Can Suck This!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU