Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dunno if its the best switch game ill play this year cos pokemons in two weeks, but kaiju monster rancher is good. someone mentioned they jujst made them look like guys in suits instead of trying to make them look like real monsters and theyre right. its so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lol that owns

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The animations are so good

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1584710154817540100?t=SfRNUJ1yEAzZ6ljfhZNHgw&s=19

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Honestly my favorite part of Dragon's Dogma was the first time I fought a cave troll and I started to climb it and then it laughed and ran itself full-speed at a wall with me on its back, then body-slammed me when I fell off.

More cave trolls need to be luchadores.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Hammer Bro. posted:

Honestly my favorite part of Dragon's Dogma was the first time I fought a cave troll and I started to climb it and then it laughed and ran itself full-speed at a wall with me on its back, then body-slammed me when I fell off.

More cave trolls need to be luchadores.

https://i.imgur.com/3S7d1tP.mp4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Has every molecule of atmosphere knocked out of his lungs and is immediately punched in the face, lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have a Bayonetta 3 question, stuck on chapter 8 You need to use Baal to smash three pillars that rise out of a pool of poison. But I don’t know how to jump on top of the third one and smash it into the ground making the stairs come out of the wall so you can leave the room you’re in. What is the control input you’re suppose to do to solve this puzzle?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

I have a Bayonetta 3 question, stuck on chapter 8 You need to use Baal to smash three pillars that rise out of a pool of poison. But I don’t know how to jump on top of the third one and smash it into the ground making the stairs come out of the wall so you can leave the room you’re in. What is the control input you’re suppose to do to solve this puzzle?

its like the triple jump in Mario just do all the jumps in a row and the third jump will be really high

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

its like the triple jump in Mario just do all the jumps in a row and the third jump will be really high

Thank you! I figured out what dumb thing I was doing wrong (using the wrong character).

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Prodeus is back up, and on a nice little sale in the eshop. I'll give it a whirl tonight and report back.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Report from a behind the times dad playing ACNH:
Caught a tuna and sturgeon in the same night. Blathers is gonna love me. I also find it kind of sweet that despite me having a male character, all the free clothing I have found so far have been dresses or skirts. Steady supply of gifts to mail my daughter, and she gets a giggle out of me running around in big flowy gowns and rubber boots, chasing bugs.

:sludgepal: might play a nintendo this morning. Hope you all get a chance to play one too.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Any first impressions on Harvestella?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

B33rChiller posted:

Report from a behind the times dad playing ACNH:
Caught a tuna and sturgeon in the same night. Blathers is gonna love me. I also find it kind of sweet that despite me having a male character, all the free clothing I have found so far have been dresses or skirts. Steady supply of gifts to mail my daughter, and she gets a giggle out of me running around in big flowy gowns and rubber boots, chasing bugs.

:sludgepal: might play a nintendo this morning. Hope you all get a chance to play one too.

It's Sunday morning, get your turnips!

Also, this is adorable. AC is so wholesome.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

taco show posted:

Any first impressions on Harvestella?

it's a jrpg with middling combat and a minor farm sim stapled on

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really trying to enjoy Bayonetta 3 because everybody keeps talking about how amazing these games are, but.....man this game is just not for me. Not in love with the overly sexualized aesthetic or the non-sensical plot, but I can usually get over that if the gameplay is good. Which it often is! But every 3 minutes they drop in another cutscene and they keep tossing in these alternative gameplay sequences which are almost all bad and poorly tutorialized.

I dunno man, I liked the first one well enough. The second one I kind of fell off of and this final installment plays like somebody got Kojima-style autuer syndrome and nobody told them their half-baked ideas sucked rear end and the game is a disjointed mess as a result.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's Sunday morning, get your turnips!

Also, this is adorable. AC is so wholesome.

oh this is the first Sunday we've played since the nook lads opened their shop. Haven't dipped into turnips yet.

And yeah, it was heartwarming to hear my kid telling her friend about AC. "Yeah, we can both play, and there's NO villains at all!"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bayonetta has the proportions of a spider monster, is it oversexualized or just camp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Bayonetta has the proportions of a spider monster, is it oversexualized or just camp

Yes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

her proportions are based off fashion model sketches, also yes and yes

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

VanillaGorilla posted:

I'm really trying to enjoy Bayonetta 3 because everybody keeps talking about how amazing these games are, but.....man this game is just not for me. Not in love with the overly sexualized aesthetic or the non-sensical plot, but I can usually get over that if the gameplay is good. Which it often is! But every 3 minutes they drop in another cutscene and they keep tossing in these alternative gameplay sequences which are almost all bad and poorly tutorialized.

I dunno man, I liked the first one well enough. The second one I kind of fell off of and this final installment plays like somebody got Kojima-style autuer syndrome and nobody told them their half-baked ideas sucked rear end and the game is a disjointed mess as a result.

There's a youtube video longplay of the game that's 12 hours. And another video that's just the cutscenes, 5 hours. Sheesh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah I enjoyed the game a lot more on replay skipping cutscenes

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Maybe aside from the first few chapters, the cutscenes in Bayonetta 3 aren't that long at all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

yeah I enjoyed the game a lot more on replay skipping cutscenes

The first playthrough of a game like this is a test run to slowly introduce the mechanics and toolset with a silly story to provide some context and grounding for the set pieces. They've definitely flubbed the latter a bit this time around but not the end of the world.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Been trying to think of which part of Bayonetta 3 had a cutscene every 3 minutes and all I can think of is the opening chapter?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
After finally wrapping up SteamWorld Dig 2, I played the original SteamWorld Dig and yesterday wrapped up SteamWorld Heist. I'm not usually a fan of turn based games but it was an enjoyable enough play. It was a rare game that I played handheld. It wasn't until almost the end that I realised you could just tap on enemies to aim at that instead of trying to do it manually. So many missed shots that could have been avoided.

One definite downside is that while there were lots of characters to pick from, levelling them up to be as good as your main 2-4 seemed way too much effort so I just ignored them and didn't get to experience their play style. The new game plus mode would alleviate that in a way, but I really don't feel the need to replay the game.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

An Actual Princess posted:

it's a jrpg with middling combat and a minor farm sim stapled on

yeah this has been my Harvestella impression so far but I've been told to stick with it, hopefully it opens up a bit. farming feels slow and clunky, dungeons are linear imo, combat doesn't have much to it other than button mashing. at least it's very pretty!

I look forward to eating my words if it gets better outside the first few chapters.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the social aspects are really lacking. extremely few of the people in town even have names. wtf

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I love when my video games run 5 fps.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

worms butthole guy posted:

I love not being bothered by low fps in what's basically a turn based rpg

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

you're stupid, you smell bad, and you should be killed

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

hoo boy, you're about to upset like three people.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

An Actual Princess posted:

you're stupid, you smell bad, and you should be killed

Turn your monitor on

Also it's not a crime to comment on the stability of a switch game. Especially one that looks like its from the PS2

rox
Sep 7, 2016

worms butthole guy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
noticed that the people whgo obsess about frame rates are all extremely weird, make bad posts and probably smell bad irl. anyone else notice this

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
wow a tremendously bad and unfunny post by Feels, what a surprise

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I like it when a game’s action gets so intense that the framerate starts dipping.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Condolences to the Games forum for having to deal with that guy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

haha what posted:

worms butthole guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve