Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

dieselfruit posted:

Disallowance is a cool word but I don't see the federal Libs having the political capital to invoke it for the first time in 80 years to overrule the province, even if they genuinely wanted to do a Good Thing. The Tory machines would have a field day.

Anyways, swung through the Queens Park picket/protest this morning for about 45 minutes and it was pretty tight. Lots of other unions' flags out there, big energy, good honks from the cars driving by (up until the cops shut down University Ave around 10, ACAB)

The thing that separates us from the liberals is realizing the Rex Murphys of the world will always hate you. Even FDR realized it's good when the reactionaries are losing their poo poo at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

for those unfamiliar, a shiny new hospital is named after Cortellucci and is in lecce's riding.

oh also one of the buildings at said hospital is named after the Muzzo family, yes THAT Muzzo

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/two-hospitals-say-they-will-not-remove-muzzo-family-name-1.5957077

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
you gotta bee onna you hat

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
loving ginos who let them be white

(just to be clear, d&d freaks, i mean italian-canadians! their poo poo is a blight on this already shameful nation)

Mameluke has issued a correction as of 08:14 on Nov 5, 2022

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
oh, bunga bunga, i love law and order so much i take marching orders from a fat loving drug dealer

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

dieselfruit posted:

Disallowance is a cool word but I don't see the federal Libs having the political capital to invoke it for the first time in 80 years to overrule the province, even if they genuinely wanted to do a Good Thing. The Tory machines would have a field day.

Anyways, swung through the Queens Park picket/protest this morning for about 45 minutes and it was pretty tight. Lots of other unions' flags out there, big energy, good honks from the cars driving by (up until the cops shut down University Ave around 10, ACAB)

The OSSTF and ETFO should have already announced malicious compliance with their collective agreements. Shame on them and every other teacher union in this make-believe nation whose support is going to amount to a strongly worded letter to the ether.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
no one can afford to fight the bosses alone and they use that fact to divide and rule us. been happening since the beginning of civilization and it's gonna keep happening until they miscalculate and gently caress over too many people at the same time

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Hehehe BCTF just voted a huge chunk of cash to go to CUPE financial and legal support :).

Also currently debating possibility of national labour actions in solidarity.

Keep fighting the good fight out there, it’s go time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkloxOZpfOc/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

ARACHTION has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Nov 5, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

Hehehe BCTF just voted a huge chunk of cash to go to CUPE financial and legal support :).

Also currently debating possibility of national labour actions in solidarity.

Keep fighting the good fight out there, it’s go time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkloxOZpfOc/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Very pleasantly surprised by the forceful shows of solidarity so far, I hope they keep up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/inklessPW/status/1589071207198253057

So Prime Ministerial :swoon:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
She should have just been like Biden and told us that things are actually fine and good.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
She'll be the furhest left PM of Canada yet

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

It’s no “a place to store their canoes and paddles”, but I don’t see anyone else stepping up to the plate

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
times are tough for chrystia, i dont think that property she owns in kyiv is doing so well

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/ManyBeenRinsed/status/1589246731988111361?t=GZpeEsfyc1ILqXMGhlCzRw&s=19

Joining the #fraud-help IRC channel and asking "How can I do fraud?"

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Let them watch Gem

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Escape Goat posted:

Let them watch Gem

thats child cruelty

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/ryan_rocca/status/1589286950800097280

Christ what an idiot

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I would assume that libs are trying to tank their popularity and then call an election so that PP gets control of the government just as the country falls into a recession so that everybody thinks that the recession is their fault, but that would require a level of self awareness and forethought I'm not comfortable attributing to anybody in the Liberal party

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Escape Goat posted:

Let them watch Gem

She wants us to keep Crave so we can watch Letterkenny

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I sent my kids to their rooms last night because all their griping about "no dinner again" was interrupting the Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Special.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

who could've known this would be the one time throwing educators and support workers under the bus would backfire?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hah what a dope, Dougie's going to get crushed in the recall vote, or when half his caucus rebels and elects a new, progressive leader, or crosses the floor.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

yeah that or procapitalist court will say everythng he did is legal and send out the jackboots to break up the strike and everyone will forget about this in a month

Segue
May 23, 2007

RBC posted:

yeah that or procapitalist court will say everythng he did is legal and send out the jackboots to break up the strike and everyone will forget about this in a month

The LRB hearing has been suitably depressing. I'm hoping the Greenbelt changes galvanize some more people because another 4 years of this is so soul-crushing.

But I mean gotta keep fighting cause the dread will continue no matter what.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the price of wood these days is crazy

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

sticky inflation

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

dont worry the price is frozen until Jan 31 2023

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

would

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

what that pic give you a woody?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

John Birch Society:
Follow Your Leader

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Whoever approved this should be transferred to another branch

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/rankandfileca/status/1589376119123628032

All aboard motherfuckers this train is headed for the cool zone

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/rankandfileca/status/1589376119123628032

All aboard motherfuckers this train is headed for the cool zone

I have zero faith in unions these days to go to the mattresses on this, but it kind of is do or die here.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah if every union doesnt step up and do a general strike now they are gonna just keep using the not withstanding clause until there are no unions left

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
metrolinx workers just went on strike as well (they haven't had a contract in ages, afaik)

i guess it's going to be interesting to see what happens when organized labour province wide goes up against a majority government that hates them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I doubt my union would (IUOE) because all my co-workers hate their families more than they do work and come to work with covid to get out of the house (their words)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

infernal machines posted:

metrolinx workers just went on strike as well (they haven't had a contract in ages, afaik)

i guess it's going to be interesting to see what happens when organized labour province wide goes up against a majority government that hates them.

I believe we enter what’s known as The Cool Zone.

and by “we” I mean you Ontarians - I don’t think Alberta’s path to the cool zone goes through labour action. Probably straight to violence.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ford and Lecce heard the unions were having a presser at 10am and hastily arranged their own competing press conference lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Ford's willing to rescind the legislation if CUPE calls off the strike, as a gesture of good will.

Hahahahaha