Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsLCH2DoMZo

They should have worked a Tiny Toon in here too. :allears:

The animation on all these was always so frustrating. All flamboyant like it wanted to look a lot better than the studio doing the actual work was capable of delivering.
Even when it wasn't Kennedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Dawgstar posted:

It's funny how much if you go back and look at Animaniacs how adult some of the humor is, by which I mean 'you would probably only get this if you were over thirty.' An entire segment devoted to a Goodfellas parody! The kids love Tommy DeVito! And even more randomly you'd get things like where the joke is two old ladies at the mall chasing the Warners to ask them if they like George Wendt. Cheers was also very big with the youth of the time. (I did actually watch Cheers at the time.) Then you had Freakazoid which was just full muzzle off. It's pretty amazing. It's where I learned the difference between getting a cut of the net and a cut of the gross. "Always ask for a piece of the gross. Not the net. The net is fantasy."

To this day I am still discovering things that make me go, "Oh THAT'S what Looney Toons/Animaniacs/Tiny Toons was parodying :prepop:"

If anything is up for a reboot it's Freakazoid. Maybe it will get a chance since the Animaniacs got a second season. It's definitely a show that deserves another go at it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Happy Landfill posted:

To this day I am still discovering things that make me go, "Oh THAT'S what Looney Toons/Animaniacs/Tiny Toons was parodying :prepop:"

If anything is up for a reboot it's Freakazoid. Maybe it will get a chance since the Animaniacs got a second season. It's definitely a show that deserves another go at it.

Gonna have to fill some pretty big shoes for the roles of Cosgrove and Lobe though

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

drrockso20 posted:

Gonna have to fill some pretty big shoes for the roles of Cosgrove and Lobe though

It'll be like the Slappy-lessness of the Animaniacs reboot. :negative:

David Warner was the first voice actor I recognized as a kid as playing two separate parts. And my little brain exploded trying to square the circle of Ra's al Ghul and The Lobe being the same guy.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mutantIke posted:

The newest season is enjoyable but so much of the show is just flagrant Dan Harmon masturbation (even literally now with all this incest stuff). Ohhhh Morty we're in a TV show, let's all talk about how freaking weird Die Hard is, hahaha.

Haha yeah I agree it rules. The Die Hard stuff was great

edit: I should say that I have liked nearly every episode of the show with very few exceptions. I don't care how much the fanbase memed it, Pickle Rick was good stuff

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

American Dad just put out You Are Here a really good Halloween episode, I suggest watching it as a doubleheader with the episode Rabbit Ears if you haven't seen the show in a while and want to get a sample of some of the cool stuff they've been doing lately.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whatever happened to that Uzumaki adaptation? Is that still being worked on?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

YggiDee posted:

Whatever happened to that Uzumaki adaptation? Is that still being worked on?

It got delayed twice. Hopefully its still being worked on though.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i swear to god if it gets cancelled i'mma spiral

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

American Dad just put out You Are Here a really good Halloween episode, I suggest watching it as a doubleheader with the episode Rabbit Ears if you haven't seen the show in a while and want to get a sample of some of the cool stuff they've been doing lately.

Yeah, I’m surprised by the lack of American Dad mention in here. Since the move to TBS it’s been consistently good, and often times really loving weird in the best ways. Check out the latest ep for sure.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I’m surprised by the lack of American Dad mention in here. Since the move to TBS it’s been consistently good, and often times really loving weird in the best ways. Check out the latest ep for sure.

American Dad does have it's own semi-active thread.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Just very...lazy. The plot just sort of happens and then stops happening, it's hard to explain but it's like there's no natural development.

The_Doctor posted:

Why would we bother talking about American Dad in here? People who want to talk about American Dad with us can post in the American Dad thread.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Because family guy was being discussed and the need to evangelise about better alternatives

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The_Doctor posted:

Because family guy was being discussed and the need to evangelise about better alternatives

Fair enough.

While we're talking about Halloween episodes, does Death by Dinner Party count as one? Because it's pretty drat great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

Fair enough.

While we're talking about Halloween episodes, does Death by Dinner Party count as one? Because it's pretty drat great.

Oh yeah that one absolutely counts, I'm not sure if it actually aired on Halloween but it totally has a Halloween "vibe".

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/tarabillinger/status/1588620043570794496

Notably not being thawed, Gandhi

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm not sure I'm the target audience for this anymore but also feel obligated to check it out having really enjoyed the first season at the time it came out.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im just so tired of reboots and remakes

im worried with the attention people are paying to moral orel again that someone's going to contact stamatopoulos about doing a reboot

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Last I heard he doesn't want to do more Moral Oral. CN/Adult Swim kinda screwing him over with the original cancellation, plus the drama over the WB/Discovery merger killing animation projects left/right/center, means it's a terrible idea to take up any offers even if he did want to continue it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

World Famous W posted:

im just so tired of reboots and remakes

im worried with the attention people are paying to moral orel again that someone's going to contact stamatopoulos about doing a reboot

I'm with you but also Phil Lord and Chris Miller can do no wrong so I'll let this one pass

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Crain posted:

Last I heard he doesn't want to do more Moral Oral. CN/Adult Swim kinda screwing him over with the original cancellation, plus the drama over the WB/Discovery merger killing animation projects left/right/center, means it's a terrible idea to take up any offers even if he did want to continue it.
ah, yeah i can imagine with the whole fiasco of season 3 (and the whole gently caress up the flow of season 1) that they would be a bit bitter on the whole project

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing how Dino went back to CN to make Frankenhole (and Before Orel) I doubt he had that hard of feelings toward them.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

imagine not wanting more clone high

still waiting to see if they keep gandhi in completely unchanged but just start calling him gary

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Crain posted:

Last I heard he doesn't want to do more Moral Oral.

Good.

Immoral Oral is more fun anyway.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nikumatic posted:

imagine not wanting more clone high

still waiting to see if they keep gandhi in completely unchanged but just start calling him gary

I’m hoping they do exactly that in the first 10 seconds of the show, look at the camera for a beat, and carry on their merry way.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I do think that Clone High is pretty dated, so I'm not sure what it'll be like with people decades older making it after the original media environment it was made for is long gone.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ragging on Gandhi should be fair play IMO, but it'd be cool to have an Indian VA for him. I can attest a lotta Indians also rag on Gandhi.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I do think that Clone High is pretty dated, so I'm not sure what it'll be like with people decades older making it after the original media environment it was made for is long gone.

In fairness I don't think I knew what an O-Town was before, during, or after Clone High's time anyway. When it comes to rose-tinted glasses for the show it's hard to really remember how many of-the-moment musical guests and references the show relied on or worry too much about Horrifying Abuser Marilyn Manson closing out the second episode with a jaunty food pyramid musical number because I mean, did you see the pool?

Lord and Miller really do have the same cache of "I will watch literally anything they have their hands on" that Pixar had for its first decade, and it hasn't failed me yet.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I refuse to believe that jfk ordering the party platter is any less relevant to-day than when it was written

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I would would er uh uhm like a er ah potty plattah!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That bit rules because there's an extra layer of funny if you're familar with JFK and how he talked, but it's still funny without that prior knowledge because the character talks a bunch before you get to that bit.

edit: Also regarding Ghandi, I still laugh at saaaaaaaaay WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

edit: Also regarding Ghandi, I still laugh at saaaaaaaaay WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

What.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah man, that brings back some highly specific stupid memories from me back in college. That scene spawned some shitpost videos such as this:

https://youtu.be/MFe3kxOPN5k

Notably, the third one there is original and the person making the video got enough requests that they spun it out into an entire trance song:

https://youtu.be/B69Ev9C_p4Q

Which got a decent amount of live but was then sampled for TF2 trance music shitpost (as was the style at the time):

https://youtu.be/9v2SlLIS9eU

Man what a dumb sequence of events.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Clone High is good TV. Not even a reboot, more of a second chance - Lord/Miller were always way ahead of the curve and I feel like the general public only caught up to them a few years ago

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crain posted:

idk. i liked the ending they had for what it was. you get to see oral in the future happy who has still kept his faith but has broken the cycle of shittyness and chud lifestyle abuse.

they can either just bring him back as a new character or just bring back the character with a new indian voice actor.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The money paw curls and we get Aziz

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. i liked the ending they had for what it was. you get to see oral in the future happy who has still kept his faith but has broken the cycle of shittyness and chud lifestyle abuse.

It's actually a huge bummer that they did come back and make the special about Orel living on his grandfather's farm as a younger kid. Called Before Orel: Trust, apparently. It just had a much more annoying energy and didn't work. Makes me pessimistic about them coming back to the idea, since yeah, the regular ending worked out pretty fine. There were a few plot arc ideas that they had to dump that sounded fun (Orel's grandfather taking care of him as his leg healed and him struggling with his grandfather's atheism sounded like it could have been a solid one. Maybe a funny one about Orel becoming a goth. Plus just a general arc of the audience getting to see Orel's recovery rather than the time skip.)

And yeah, Dino went back to them to make Frankenhole too. Which was uneven but alright.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He was apparently involved with the Charlie Kaufman stop motion film Anomalisa to some extent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's actually a huge bummer that they did come back and make the special about Orel living on his grandfather's farm as a younger kid. Called Before Orel: Trust, apparently. It just had a much more annoying energy and didn't work. Makes me pessimistic about them coming back to the idea, since yeah, the regular ending worked out pretty fine. There were a few plot arc ideas that they had to dump that sounded fun (Orel's grandfather taking care of him as his leg healed and him struggling with his grandfather's atheism sounded like it could have been a solid one. Maybe a funny one about Orel becoming a goth. Plus just a general arc of the audience getting to see Orel's recovery rather than the time skip.)

And yeah, Dino went back to them to make Frankenhole too. Which was uneven but alright.

i can't get into frankenhole. i feel like moral orel was very much a product of its time and while poo poo rhat it makes fun of still sadly happens and always will to a degree, its very W/evangelical era and its probably one of the smart shows that made fun of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The first season of Morel Orel is extremely W era critiques and while funny, is a bit cringey/overdone by today's standards. A sillier romp about conservative America.

The last season is still just as good though and is dark in a much more universal and lasting way. The ending was good and adding just a bit of hope to one of the most bleak shows ever made was a nice touch.