Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Are you finding the enemy AI to be fairly brain dead in gamma? I kinda tapped out when I found I could wipe out everyone in dead city by camping in a house and shooting everyone in the face when they walk through the door apparently unable to see me.

There might be a setting since EFP 4 uses almost all of the same mods and the enemies are loving murderous to the point where i'm constantly save scumming because someone spots me through some bushes and puts a high caliber round through my organs instantly killing me. I need to find the setting to turn it down until i get some good armor because atm every fight is pretty much a ohk with anomalys player protection on average which is what i played with on 3.0 and never had this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gotta say, something about the idea being entirely reliant on scavenging somebody else's busted gun and steadily restoring it to working order really tickles my brain in a good way. I did feel a bit bothered playing Anomaly and dealing with this detailed gun repair system only to discover it barely saved me any money compared to just buying a weapon outright (and saving a ton of time in the process). I quite liked the tinkering, but it has to be for a purpose.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Went to download this holy poo poo 70gb?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Is there some tutorial or tool tips for GAMMA? I'm so bad with crafting games.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Mordja posted:

Ngl I'm not a fan of the way STALKER modding's gone the survival game/tarkov route. There was this one big, narrative mod with a bunch of new areas and such that I was supposed to work on that died years ago that I wish there was more of.

I feel ya. I've always felt that STALKER is its own thing and only superficially resembles all those survival games that came after, and a lot of the work put into these mega mods is spent chasing the latter.

That's not to say I think there's no place for it -- I like a good loot-and-tinker driven progression myself, but Anomaly et al kinda takes it to a degree that seems absurd when you stand back and look at it. They've iterated on the repair system so much that there's just a ridiculous number of gun cleaning items in the world. I guess I'm just not interested in cleaning my gun every time I shoot it? The whole concept around building a gun from spare parts feels way more like some Mad Max-level post apoc stuff than "modern world with modern (and plentiful) guns" to me.

Anyways. Maybe I'll check out Gamma. :v: Is it like Anomaly where you can tune the sliders to your preferred level of bullshit, or does Gamma innately assume you want to count the bullets in your mag and track how many liters of blood you have or whatever

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

err posted:

They have lots of guides on the official discord and people are very willing to help there

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

err posted:

Assuming you're already familiar with base Anomaly, here are some more early crafting focused tips for GAMMA:

1) You can get guaranteed basic tools from Hip in Cordon and the food vendor in Yantar. Hip will trade you them for a TOZ-194 shotgun (a fairly common weapon you can loot off bandits, doesn't matter the condition you turn it in, either) and 20 rounds of buckshot (you should also be able to scavenge these, but if you need to purchase them, you can buy them for cheap from Butcher in Garbage). The Yantar food vendor wants 20 swigs of vodka for tools. Note that he wants the Neimroff brand vodka specifically, and you just need 20 "charges" of vodka of which a bottle contains 3. You can buy them from Sid, the daytime trader in Garbage, and the barkeeps in Great Swamps and Rostok. Even if you have to purchase 7 bottles, the price is well worth it to get access to basic tools since it gives you access to everything else with crafting.

2) Once you have basic tools, you can then make your own personal workshop, as opposed to paying a technician to use his workbench every time you want to do some crafting. You can technically get into the crafting menu from your basic tools, but the workshop acts as a convenient and centralized storage to dump all your crafting mats into and it's relatively inexpensive to craft -- just breakdown all the shovel and ball peen hammers you find for the wood and scrap metal. You can place your workshop anywhere you like, but I like putting it next to a vendor and technician for the sake of convenience. Putting it next to a campfire is also a good idea since lit campfires regenerate health in GAMMA so you might as well get some passive healing while you're browsing crafting menus.

3) Next you want to purchase a multitool so you can disassemble things (grooming kits and swiss army knives also do this but they're also used in recipes and you'll want a multitool anyway as it's also used to repair parts). Now you're ready to break down gear and start building up your hoard of parts for future usage.

4) When looting, you want to keep and store all repair related items. Even if you have no immediate use for them, they can be used to eventually craft higher tier repair items. The goal here is to create the assorted repair kits (e.g. "handgun repair kit", "light armor repair kit", etc.) as these are your main bottleneck for getting functional items, other than the basic/advanced/expert tools needed to craft them in the first place. Once you have these repair kits, you can then use them to freely swap in component parts into weapons and armor. Note that charges are not consumed when you do this so you basically just have to craft them once and you'll be able repair whatever category of item that the kit corresponds to for the rest of the game. However, charges are consumed if you use them to swap barrels or if you use them to wholesale create a missing part (as opposed to exchanging a worn part for a better condition).

4) Anyway, my rule of thumb for looting guns is to keep any weapon you want to use if the barrel condition is at least 60 percent so you don't have to swap a barrel and burn a precious repair kit charge. For components, I fieldstrip anything that is between 50-60 percent conditions because you can then use a multitool/ramrod/file (depending on the component type) to bring them up to 100 percent before swapping them into the gun. Then you can use a cleaning kit to repair the barrel back to 100 percent. After that, it's just a matter of using the assorted cleaning kits, oils, and lubes to bring the condition of the actual gun back to 100 percent.

5. For armor, I actually disassemble every helmet and chest armor I don't plan to use. This is because the base armor piece and the individual components aren't independent like they are for weapons, so you can swap in components and they will contribute to increasing the overall condition of the armor itself. Sometimes, just swapping in one component for a better condition one is enough to get your armor back in order, or at least enough so that you can start using the armor repair items which will repair both the overall armor and components the rest of the way. Armor components are also used for a lot of crafting recipes and they still count even if their condition is at zero percent, so you want to save your good condition components to repair armor and your crappy condition components for crafting items.

I know this is already sounding convoluted and it's getting daunting to describe it any further. The basic TL;DR is keep all your repair items, keep guns with barrels at 60 condition, keep weapon components at 50-60 condition, and scrap all armor and helmets you're not planning to use for components. If you just do these things from the very start, you'll at least be in a good position when crafting makes more sense.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

The only places you'll find them consistently are:

1) In a small shack in the northwest of the swamps, north-northwest of that ruined village where you'll occasionally encounter mutants.

2) Occasionally clustered around the campfire in the church in the southeast swamps.
Thanks, this is what I’d found, plus sometimes at the water pumping station. That poor sod at the northwest shack must think I’m bullying him.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Renegades are pretty weak so they get wiped out by anyone/anything passing by before you the player can reach them I’ve found

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Been playing Lost Alpha and I gotta say, so far I’m liking more than the 70 hours I put into Anomaly. Freeroam is cool and all, but I can only run around those same maps so many times, and the lack of interesting quests and scripted encounters means that many of the locations just feel dead or incomplete. All the new and redesigned maps in Lost Alpha are impressive, it really does feel like an evolution of the original game.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Heavens I was underprepared for the push to the Brain Scorcher. Got some fun guns out of my savescumming marathon.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Here's an incredibly useful Zone Handbook for GAMMA.

There's a section on repair with easy visuals that does a much better job than what I was trying to explain in so many words in my other post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

Also want to mention GAMMA's "free look" button that gives you an additional level of zoom on top of your aim down sight zoom. Makes things like shotgun slug sniping a lot more capable and fun even with a scope or red dot.

I notice my aim is a little shakier with using free look with my shotgun compared to my M1911 pistol so maybe weapon stats like handling plays a part?

shakiness is usually due to arm damage.

Also I couldn't find a shotgun that would take a proper scope annoyingly, the remington 870 is more than accurate enough to justify it, but it only takes red dots.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

OwlFancier posted:

shakiness is usually due to arm damage.

Also I couldn't find a shotgun that would take a proper scope annoyingly, the remington 870 is more than accurate enough to justify it, but it only takes red dots.

I get the wobble even when my both my arms are at 100 percent condition. I think it's just a feature of using the free look button to balance out the fact that it gives you so much more zoom, maybe to simulate that you're really bearing down on your target.

My quoted post had a typo, it was supposed to say "without" a scope or red dot. I also haven't been able to find a shotgun that accepts a proper scope. Still, free look zoom and shotgun slugs does a passable job of making a shotgun into an early quasi sniper, even if it just has a lovely bead front sight like my current MP-133. It's been super satisfying lining up a shot from a good distance away and exploding an unaware bandit's head with a slowly careening slug.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Oh wow so if you're running the skills mod DO NOT change the protection in the gameplay settings because you'll be taking absurd amount of % damage. There's some exponent shenanigans so at low skill level you'll be taking a couple 100% more damage than normal which explains why i'm getting 1 shot constantly.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Stashes are feeling a lot more meaningful in GAMMA now that they're only filled if explicitly marked on the map from stash location quest rewards. I get excited every time I open one up. So far I've found a really solid Clear Sky body armor that let's me stack bullet resistance after installing an impact upgrade and slotting in a kevlar plate on my belt slot, all of which has dramatically increased my survival rate in gunfights, plus it has a health regeneration upgrade. I also found a sick looking DSA FAL that seems to be a good candidate for an endgame weapon once I've found some more replacement parts and have access to advanced repair kits.

Even if a stash has gear that I won't necessarily want to use, it's still an opportunity to scrap things for parts and upgrade my gear. One stash I came across had a crappy Walther pistol that still had a crucial Western style 9mm recoil spring in 100 percent condition, so I can finally retire my workhorse M1911 and repair this Lebedev pistol that's been sitting in storage forever. There's apparently tactical kits you can buy for it and some other select weapons that add on fancy scopes, lasers, weapon lights and other tacticool gewgaws so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

GAMMA's been really good in getting me to venture out of my comfort zone and try out other weapons than the VEPR-12, AEK-971, and SCAR that I tend to fall back on using for 90 percent of the time when playing normal Anomaly.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

In GAMMA I've got a mission to kill bloodsucker at night. I go to the marked place with 2 friends, and see nothing. Just some dead mutants. Couple hours pass, still nothing. I return 2 days later alone and it's the same. Am I missing some trigger, or its just broken quest?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

alex314 posted:

In GAMMA I've got a mission to kill bloodsucker at night. I go to the marked place with 2 friends, and see nothing. Just some dead mutants. Couple hours pass, still nothing. I return 2 days later alone and it's the same. Am I missing some trigger, or its just broken quest?

it's probably just not spawning. it's likely it'll randomly autocomplete at some point. try sleeping, that might refresh the spawns or something.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Thanks, I'll do that. I've switched the maps a couple times already, but maybe sleeping in the same one will do the trick.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are there any mods that try to make anomalies actual puzzles, like in the original book?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
man the repair poo poo is so unnecessarily tedious

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

alex314 posted:

I've had a similar thing happen to me with collect the tracking device quests from the ecologists. Sometimes, I'll go to the marked location and then kill the mutant and it drops the tracking device as normal. Other times, I'll get there and find nothing. If I leave the map for some time, the quest randomly auto updates and when I return to the spot, there'll be a dead ecologist, a dead mutant, and the dropped tracking device. I'm not sure if the game is buggy with spawning the dead bodies and quest item or if the mutant is just wandering far afield from the marked location. I think the tracking device quest is just buggy in general because sometimes I'll kill a random mutant and it'll drop a tracker, even if I don't have the quest active, and it'll remain stuck in my inventory forever since you can't drop it once you pick it up and it doesn't go away even if you turn in another tracking device quest afterwards. This is on normally Anomaly, haven't tried taking the quest on GAMMA, though.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

alex314 posted:

Gamma should have the mod that will show the monster roaming on the map but if they're using the swamps chimera script instead of the common one it might be tied to a distance trigger. Try to approach the quest area from the common paths, the chimera in the swamp is tied to the walkways leading to the gravity anomalies so if you somehow approached from the wrong direction it might not spawn.

The new physical box spawn missions are loving insane with the NPC's guarding the boxes getting tweaked stats to ensure they're not wiped out by other spawns. You're supposed to just grab the boxes and book it but in my murder haze i tried to kill them and after putting 9 7.62 AP rounds into the head of the stalker not wearing a helmet i realized my mistake haha. They have normal stats for explosive resists though so grenades will wipe them out.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
haven't seen any of those missions, sounds fun though. think every mission i've gotten has been either contract kill, bring me x, deliver y, search and rescue and mutant culling missions. i've had one that was "interdict enemies" or something like that.

I've barely scratched into this run. i've found some basic tools (x2, gave one to xenotech) but am still using the SKS and 1911 i took at start. I have a loner converted ecologist guard armor thats at like 15% condition. I have a bunch of cool guns in the box in cordon next to Fanatic but I don't have/can't find/haven't found the tools to repair them (army, advanced weapon repair kits). I have like 200k roubles and nothing to spend them on. I have no idea where to get an advanced kit, other than combining 5 of the basic ones. I've done like probably 50+ missions for random stalkers and the old story npcs and only gotten the 1 extra kit from a reward. Spent a small amount of time in Yantar but it's pretty scary when you're basically literally naked. Spent a small amount of time in Rostok, basically just finishing the 5+ delivery missions i had stockpiled to it at once.

Not sure what i should do to get one, but having basically no armor means I can't really do harder poo poo right now.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 8, 2022

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Tabletops posted:

haven't seen any of those missions, sounds fun though. think every mission i've gotten has been either contract kill, bring me x, deliver y, search and rescue and mutant culling missions. i've had one that was "interdict enemies" or something like that.

I've barely scratched into this run. i've found some basic tools (x2, gave one to xenotech) but am still using the SKS and 1911 i took at start. I have a loner converted ecologist guard armor thats at like 15% condition. I have a bunch of cool guns in the box in cordon next to Fanatic but I don't have/can't find/haven't found the tools to repair them (army, advanced weapon repair kits). I have like 200k roubles and nothing to spend them on. I have no idea where to get an advanced kit, other than combining 5 of the basic ones. I've done like probably 50+ missions for random stalkers and the old story npcs and only gotten the 1 extra kit from a reward. Spent a small amount of time in Yantar but it's pretty scary when you're basically literally naked. Spent a small amount of time in Rostok, basically just finishing the 5+ delivery missions i had stockpiled to it at once.

Not sure what i should do to get one, but having basically no armor means I can't really do harder poo poo right now.

Since you've got money to burn, I'd recommend buying up all the Neimroff vodka that you come across and trading 20 charges to Spirit, the food vendor in Yantar, for some basic tools. I just confirmed that this repeatable so you can buy 5 basic tools and then craft those into an advanced tools. It's a definitely a grind doing it this way, but at least it's guaranteed, provided you have the money and patience to loop around Sidorovich, the day trader in Garbage, and the barkeeps in Great Swamps and Yantar for Neimroff vodka. For what it's worth, once you get advanced tools (and also trade in a set to a technician to expand his inventory) your options open up a lot and you can make use of more viable gear.

You can also do the Last Dawn quests for Clear Sky that GAMMA adds on (I think they might have been Call of Chernobyl quests originally?). They reward you with a decent armor and helmet as you complete them. They're pretty rough though and include having to kill the chimera in the swamps and taking out some reinforced military and Renegade camps.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Xander77 posted:

Are there any mods that try to make anomalies actual puzzles, like in the original book?

No. There's been a couple experiments over the years but nothing that reached maturity.

At some pont modders started focusing on inventory items above all else since it was much easier to get results there. All the other wild ideas to achieve atmosphere were significantly harder problems to solve.

(take code alone, since, well, thats mostly new code. Straight up gamedev with all the (buggy) problems that comes with.)
A proper enhancement of the Picnic needs new code, art, design, organising, all of it. Much simpler to just tweak and add.

Using artifacts as deployable triggers to spawn anomalies reached its most popular use in Lost Alpha if I remember. That was old then and it's about as far as modding ever got. Everything else always broke

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think generally the anomaly er, anomalies, are taking cues from the call of pripyat approach where there are often landforms integrated with them, and there is usually some pattern to the layout of the deadly areas to make navigating them a minor puzzle rather than pure trial and error, there is often some sort of discernable path made out of level geometry that you are intended to follow.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I did it, I bought the tactical kit for my Lebedev pistol and tricked it out with a LAM laser unit, racegun sight mount, and red dot (silencer had to be bought separately). Now I'm gopnik Solid Snake doing wetwork in the Zone.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

moot the hopple posted:

Since you've got money to burn, I'd recommend buying up all the Neimroff vodka that you come across and trading 20 charges to Spirit, the food vendor in Yantar, for some basic tools. I just confirmed that this repeatable so you can buy 5 basic tools and then craft those into an advanced tools. It's a definitely a grind doing it this way, but at least it's guaranteed, provided you have the money and patience to loop around Sidorovich, the day trader in Garbage, and the barkeeps in Great Swamps and Yantar for Neimroff vodka. For what it's worth, once you get advanced tools (and also trade in a set to a technician to expand his inventory) your options open up a lot and you can make use of more viable gear.

You can also do the Last Dawn quests for Clear Sky that GAMMA adds on (I think they might have been Call of Chernobyl quests originally?). They reward you with a decent armor and helmet as you complete them. They're pretty rough though and include having to kill the chimera in the swamps and taking out some reinforced military and Renegade camps.

thanks, i'll work on trying to get the advanced one w/ the vodka. but drat that'll take a long rear end time. 20 charges is like 7 bottles

also, has anyone had an issue with poo poo disappearing from their stash? I crafted the portable... workstation thing and put a bunch of poo poo in the stash. when I went back like 10 minutes later 90% of my artifacts had disappeared?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Whats your scav skill? I somehow lost a monolith cache and i think it was due to my low scav skill triggering during a big stash move.

EFP 4 has new anomalies that are pretty fun but they're still static anomalies that are basically spheres and columns but the new fields can be loving massive which makes them very dynamic. I've already had entire areas of garbage and swamps made into no mans land because of huge anomaly fields making it an absolute bitch to travel there so you gotta wait for an emission to change them. I don't think the code can handle anomalies like there was in the book/movie.

I hope in stalker 2 they have abunch more and have the tools in place for modders to make more. I'd love a mario style ghost anomaly that advances on you when you stop looking at it so you have to walk backwards when you encounter one or die. I'd love some instant death ones that only had audio or visual cues so you'd totally miss them until you saw/heard the warning then had to get hyper aware to avoid it. Animal based ones would be fun too like a solitary crow appearing on a branch but as you got deeper into the anomaly field more crows would appear so you'd be forced to try and figure out the right path before you died from psy exposure.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

alex314 posted:

If this is the bloodsucker in the village in the Army Warehouses then I am having the same problem and it's not autocompleted in ingame weeks

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

TescoBag posted:

If this is the bloodsucker in the village in the Army Warehouses then I am having the same problem and it's not autocompleted in ingame weeks

Yeah, that's the one.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Another Anomaly mod question: are artefact spawns still restricted to particular times of day? I remember in SoC the electro artefacts only appeared between midnight and 5am.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

OwlFancier posted:

Are you finding the enemy AI to be fairly brain dead in gamma? I kinda tapped out when I found I could wipe out everyone in dead city by camping in a house and shooting everyone in the face when they walk through the door apparently unable to see me.

I think I'm starting to see what you mean by brain dead AI. In Wild Territory, I ran into a group of 3 mercs who opened fire on me. I then ran behind a corner to take cover, but when I peaked around, they were no longer hostile to me. Like they just resumed their patrol as if I was invisible to them, even though I was just a few feet away from them. I instinctively gunned them down in one magdump but now I'm thinking I should have taken a few potshots at them first to further test if their AI was broken or if they'd return fire. I'm hoping it was just a one off buggy encounter but I'll keep looking out for any more weird AI behavior.

Just curious, what are your settings for the sake of comparing notes? I'm on default settings with hardcore AI aim turned off (I believe this is also the default). I'm also on the latest version of GAMMA with 336 add-ons showing in mod organizer.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Just posting a fix I found from the official Discord regarding the AI problem in GAMMA:

quote:

- If NPCs are ignoring you/not reacting to you, even if you shoot them:
1) While in game, hit Esc on your keyboard
2) Go to Mod Configuration Menu and search Stealth
3) Click Default
4) Click Apply

- Enable debug mode (send !debug in bot-commands-help-is-not-a-command to learn how to enable it)
1) Press F7 and click on Change Faction
2) Make sure that the command box for Invisibility is OFF

I haven't had any other occurrences, hopefully this helps others.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

I think I'm starting to see what you mean by brain dead AI. In Wild Territory, I ran into a group of 3 mercs who opened fire on me. I then ran behind a corner to take cover, but when I peaked around, they were no longer hostile to me. Like they just resumed their patrol as if I was invisible to them, even though I was just a few feet away from them. I instinctively gunned them down in one magdump but now I'm thinking I should have taken a few potshots at them first to further test if their AI was broken or if they'd return fire. I'm hoping it was just a one off buggy encounter but I'll keep looking out for any more weird AI behavior.

Just curious, what are your settings for the sake of comparing notes? I'm on default settings with hardcore AI aim turned off (I believe this is also the default). I'm also on the latest version of GAMMA with 336 add-ons showing in mod organizer.

I haven't played in a while but I was just using the default settings with hardcore AI aim off as well, though I installed it a couple of months ago.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Try that fix I posted above next time you play. I never fiddled around with it before but apparently hitting default in the stealth menu changed some of the settings to where they should be? Anyway, haven't come across any weird AI after doing so, hopefully this solves your issues too.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Did gamma stream line the gun parts too? Its so loving easy to build guns in EFP 4 now esp if you've been stripping good quality bits from the guns you don't want. The weird western guns are a little harder than some of the more common ones but drat does it make slapping together a new gun a breeze.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

moot the hopple posted:

Assuming you're already familiar with base Anomaly, here are some more early crafting focused tips for GAMMA: :words:

Thanks for writing all of this. I've returned to this post a few times, and it's making more and more sense as I delve into GAMMA; it's definitely helpful.

One question: is there any reason why it would be worth keeping stripped individual armor components (i.e. "ACC", SATIN", etc.) that are at 0% durability? I'll probably be able to figure out the answer once I get all of the gear necessary to experiment more with this, but I haven't gotten there yet--so I'm not sure if it's even worth holding onto these ruined pieces in the interim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Thanks for writing all of this. I've returned to this post a few times, and it's making more and more sense as I delve into GAMMA; it's definitely helpful.

One question: is there any reason why it would be worth keeping stripped individual armor components (i.e. "ACC", SATIN", etc.) that are at 0% durability? I'll probably be able to figure out the answer once I get all of the gear necessary to experiment more with this, but I haven't gotten there yet--so I'm not sure if it's even worth holding onto these ruined pieces in the interim.

if theres a crafting recipe that requires them, it doesn't matter the durability.