Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
so... it's thought that you can get the treasure chest form in SV, and the roaming form in Go (but you have to link it to SV first)? Is that right?

The roaming form appears in SV as a means to collect coins?

Do we know what collecting coins is for, and are there a fixed number of them like wisps or can you get as many as you like (to use for whatever they are for)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hammerite posted:

Do we know what collecting coins is for, and are there a fixed number of them like wisps or can you get as many as you like (to use for whatever they are for)

999 coins to evolve. but you can get a bunch at once a few different ways supposedly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You collect all the coins to buy Porygon at the Game Corner.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
You can't catch the roamers in SV and the SV trailers both show you just catching the chest form in the wild. I'm guessing the roaming forms are just for the coin collecting sidequest and not for evolving the thing because the only form you can catch is the chest version.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I still think it's super ugly. even after I turned my monitor on

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

And that's how you know he's cool and cute.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

EY PAULIE, LET'S GO CATCH SOME GIMMIGHOUL FROM SATRIALE'S

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hammerite posted:

I still think it's super ugly. even after I turned my monitor on

What about your second monitor

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Jimmy da Ghoul

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
when were Ultra Beasts announced relative to S/M's release? or were they even announced beforehand?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am getting that and naming it Mimicutie

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Could start a mimic team with Mimikyu and this guy. Voltorb, armoongus. Not just Pokemon that are modelled after things but Pokemon that pretend to be things.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And that's how you know he's cool and cute.

I'm glad I helped you realise your love, for the ugliest pokemon ever

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Countblanc posted:

when were Ultra Beasts announced relative to S/M's release? or were they even announced beforehand?

Late August / early September.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hammerite posted:

I'm glad I helped you realise your love, for the ugliest pokemon ever

They're not talking about Stunfisk though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This thing looks dumb, how do you gently caress up a treasure chest ghost

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

It looks more like a Dragon Quest monster, to me

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Reddit Goldmon

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

oddium posted:

999 coins to evolve. but you can get a bunch at once a few different ways supposedly

Gimmighoul secret speculation: I predict you'll be able to get a lot of coins by catching or defeating wild chest-Gimmighoul.

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
What a cute little gremlin. I love and will protect him

qnqnx posted:

It looks more like a Dragon Quest monster, to me

Yeah, it rules

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

They definitely were revealed pre-release and Nihilego was revealed pretty early from what I recall. But SM was doing like a Pokemon reveal a week for several months, Gamefreak's a lot more conservative with the reveals these days.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

UB01 was revealed pretty early. All the prerelease info on ultra beasts used their codenames, we didn't find out their actual names until later.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh right, it sparked all those (honestly badass) theories about UBs mirroring story characters befor release

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Countblanc posted:

Oh right, it sparked all those (honestly badass) theories about UBs mirroring story characters befor release

I mean, a lot of them kinda do. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an intentional story beat that got dropped partway through development

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Countblanc posted:

I still believe that’s what they were going for but then changed their mind
Or maybe it’s just because it was the best idea and I was hyped for it and then disappointed ☹️

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's still something there, just reversed - Lusimine made her daughter dress like UB01 because she was a freak. It's a lot less cool to me though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's too real

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gen 7 has a few Too Real bits with Lillie. Ghetsis hitting her was hosed up and the fact you can't kill him makes it even worse

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

People really thought they were onto something with the idea that Z stones would let people combine with Pokemon like in some spinoff manga from years ago.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

spirit fusion is coming

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It was the generation of Ash Greninja so frankly it was sound

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

spirit fusion is coming

I'm not sure I can still believe.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gen 9 removed gender so gen 10 can more easily model Spirit fusion

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Ultra Beasts being people with Kamen Rider monster forms would've been sick

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Countblanc posted:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

People really thought they were onto something with the idea that Z stones would let people combine with Pokemon like in some spinoff manga from years ago.

Once again the fans have better ideas than GF themselves.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Countblanc posted:

There's still something there, just reversed - Lusimine made her daughter dress like UB01 because she was a freak. It's a lot less cool to me though

Explain Guzma looking like Xurkitree then

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

Explain Guzma looking like Xurkitree then

Besides the white hair on top he really does not

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Once again the fans have better ideas than GF themselves.

People were very against the idea of spirit fusion back in the day, so glad everyone is coming around.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

Lusamine being the Ultra Beast equivalent of those trainers that have their babies dressed as Pikachu or whatever is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Besides the white hair on top he really does not

Similar color schemes too.