Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i have no keqing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

i am sorry for your lots

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nahida funfacts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQZU7K3xLVg

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

MNSNTZR posted:

the fact that you never really have to pay attention to anything that happens in this game outside of archon/event quests is certainly something else

i’ll never forgive them for removing the ability to skip-spam text, especially right around the time people started complaining more about the writing being terrible. it felt so deliberate

Even so there's still times I'll half-read something while mashing the skip button, and by the time I've realised I should have started paying attention I've already skipped to the next line. Which may be an argument for all the repetition, but I would counter: text logs?!? Surely they could adapt the Travel Log feature to be accessible mid-story segment somehow.

But yes, fully agreed. There's a point where you sense you're 50% of the way through a boring quest and that ain't changing anytime soon and it's just wading through molasses after that.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

Sounds like a bug?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

free Trapt CD posted:

Sounds like a bug?

skill issue :unsmith:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

i’d give you all five of mine if i could

if you’re a lazy player (i am), you have to do too much to like her play style. that’s honestly why i would recommend cyno over her in basically any scenario. “delete button”-style characters like itto, ayato and cyno are great if you manage to land at least two 10/20%+ artifacts for them

free Trapt CD posted:

But yes, fully agreed. There's a point where you sense you're 50% of the way through a boring quest and that ain't changing anytime soon and it's just wading through molasses after that.

what’s extra frustrating is that they’re fully capable of writing good slice of life style scenarios. heizou talks fraud was fantastic, if not a little hard-carried by one character

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The sportsy minigames are cute and fun. Would be cool to be able to play those with people at will in your Pot someday

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Nyoro posted:

The sportsy minigames are cute and fun. Would be cool to be able to play those with people at will in your Pot someday

this poo poo and card game whenever we want. multiplayer heaven

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't get what they were even thinking with the yoimiya one. Like, just spam normal attacks and win... incredible gameplay

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i have no keqing

And yet you must zap

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't get what they were even thinking with the yoimiya one. Like, just spam normal attacks and win... incredible gameplay
She's on rate up and they forgot to have her kit do anything, please understand.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

today's batch also had "the razor minigame, but with noelle" so they probably just started running out of time around now but really wanted to fit her in there for the banner synergy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyoro posted:

gooood damnnnn my Nahida is only level 59 and she's still ripping out throats

dendro rocks!!!!

It's hard for me to quantify exactly how much damage she's doing (I'm not sure how to distinguish between the damage from Nilou's blooms and Nahida's skill procs), but it's obviously a lot because things just die really fast.

Should I be trying to use Nahida's skill frequently just for the source of Dendro damage (to proc reactions)? And can Nahida's skill procs actually cause more procs through blooms (does the bloom exploding cause the proc, or the creation of the bloom)? It's hard for me to tell exactly what's going on, because I just see a bunch of green numbers popping up and try to use the other characters' skills when available.

My team with Fischl actually does even more damage (it's a great consistent source of reactions, and my Fischl is geared quite well and does very good damage), but I don't use it on the overworld because the Electro damage fucks up fungal spore farming.

Holy poo poo

edit: It's a shame that I already had all the flowers I needed for her ascensions, though it'll still be great for collecting those or the water flowers in the future. This also would have been really nice back when I was farming those wall flowers in Mondstadt.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 6, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

I know when you stun it when he tries to do his big stupid instakill move, his chest and cockpit opens up like a 3d Sonic boss and you can clover-grab your way up to a platform to dps on him. Don't know if that's available any other time in phase 2, tho.

Genshin devs continue to forget the golden rule of 3d level design: "Players never look up without prompting"

It literally zooms in on the platform the first time you do it and prompts you :

Genshin devs mostly continue to forget the golden rule of game design: "Players never READ"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the oddball comp is because I took my overworld team in to quickly check

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Excelzior posted:

It literally zooms in on the platform the first time you do it and prompts you :

Genshin devs mostly continue to forget the golden rule of game design: "Players never READ"

Can you beat him without stunning him? Because I swear to god the only pop up like that I got was something about being able to zoom the camera out (which i didnt entirely take in because I was trying to dodge and attack at the time, and it went away super fast) and something about activating the elemental platforms, which I did do but am still not entirely clear on why I was doing that or if I should have been using one element over another. I just hacked away at his ankles for like 5 solid minutes and eventually he died.

I do kind of think they've been a bit over ambitious with the boss fight. The genshin engine does a lot of things well, and a lot of things okay. One thing it does super badly is fighting things bigger than the screen, and another thing it does badly is having flying enemies. So between the fact this fucker flies, is bigger than the screen, and then they've layered two more tiers of assorted busywork bullshit on top... Its not ever going to be my favourite weekly boss I think.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I have yet to stun him because during the archon quest I didn't have anyone that could reach the floating things you have to destroy, then when I did the weekly battle I thought I had learnt my lesson and brought Yelan only to find hydro doesn't work on them.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MNSNTZR posted:

if you’re a lazy player (i am), you have to do too much to like her play style. that’s honestly why i would recommend cyno over her in basically any scenario. “delete button”-style characters like itto, ayato and cyno are great if you manage to land at least two 10/20%+ artifacts for them
This is a very, very big "if". I've been playing this loving game since launch I've managed maybe three artifacts even close to that level. I have no idea how anyone actually kits a character with a full set of them.

Excelzior posted:

I have literally never seen this message. It was only one like "use the <whatever it's called> to hit its weak point!" during the stun. :raise:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah any sort of reliance on seeing things or targeting specific stuff ain't genshin's strong point. I really wish on PC and console you could disable the way the game overrides where it thinks you want to swing or aim. Like sure I was pushing the control stick to line up my burst to hit 6 bigger threats, but there was a single dude closer to me on the opposite side. Who can say which I wanted to attack?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Excelzior posted:

of course there's actually a second grapple point that isn't in view here that you need to go to first to reach the one you can see, so you might wander around until the vulnerability phase ends wondering why this stupid poo poo is so finicky

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
How does my Nahida look so far? Mostly built her for EM, as I have no plans on making her a dps.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Excelzior posted:

When I got to this phase during the story quest the latch-on point didn't work. It was extremely frustrating (but then I beat him by brute force anyways).

LibrarianCroaker posted:

of course there's actually a second grapple point that isn't in view here that you need to go to first to reach the one you can see, so you might wander around until the vulnerability phase ends wondering why this stupid poo poo is so finicky

... or that might explain it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have never stunned the boss because the bits you have to destroy are too finicky and gently caress you I'm not switching around my team just for this.

I don't even hit his legs either though, tbh, I just run around in circles charging up the cannon. Attacking him for miniscule damage doesn't seem meaningful.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 6, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Clarste posted:

I never stunned the boss because the bits you have to destroy are too finicky and gently caress you I'm not switching around my team just for this.

I'm not saying it's brilliant design or anything but a lot of your problems seem to stem from the fact that you refuse switch teams which boss fights in the game let you do right before the fight.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 6, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I never had problems destroying the adds but then again I'm a Ning main so if they're like the geo pillars I could see why some people might have problems.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

wokow6 posted:

How does my Nahida look so far? Mostly built her for EM, as I have no plans on making her a dps.

If you're using her as a dendro-application support for any kind of bloom team you really do want that deepwood set even at the cost of EM. The dendro res shred will boost the whole team's hyperbloom/etc damage.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

I'm not saying it's brilliant design or anything but a lot of your problems seem to stem from the fact that you refuse switch teams which boss fights in the game let you do right before the fight.

Is it a problem? You can still trivially win the fight. I just think it makes the fight dumb, that's all.

Edit: And, you know, it's not like they tell you ahead of time that it is literally impossible to kill these bits without certain characters.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 6, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

More generally speaking, switching teams around is not fun. Using my favorite characters is fun.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
a game where it can take weeks to bring a new character up to spec in all of their various aspects shouldn't be asking you to switch out entire teams of characters for a boss in the first place

like that should be the difference between absolute best-time speed clears, not "does this basic mechanic function as intended"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1589152542352621568/pu/vid/1040x720/ZqJCcpNxd0XWPbNK.mp4

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Amazing, I beat the boss and legitimately have no idea what people are talking about. Floating things? Grapple point? Platform? :confused:

Wait wait, are the floating things people talking about the ones that float slightly over the ground? You can break those easily with Nahida's charge attack. I guess if you haven't been overworlding with her you might not know how her charge attacks work, but they're medium range have decent vertical tracking and AoE. You'd be surprised what you can hit with it.

Unrelated, but you can also cancel them by jumping or swapping, basically as soon as the cursor spawns :eng101:
I've been practicing cancelling charge attacks into Beidou switch parries and it's going pretty well.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I have fought the new boss in story. Definitely felt a bit jank, the sequence of activating+aiming+firing controls for the gimmick weapon was clunky and could have been better explained. That said, shields still made the fight quite easy. Looks like Geo is good enough for breaking the central mechanisms when the doom timer starts, but Qiqi made it easier to destroy them quickly. If someone has faster application for something that reacts with Electro, they are probably set.

Using the grapple points is conceptually cool, but I think they could have spiced things up a bit. A more varied battlefield would make ziplining around feel more necessary... then again, it would have made designing the boss a lot more challenging.

In terms of the story elements, the Doctor turns out to be a lot more fun than I was expecting. Possibly my favorite villain so far in Genshin.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Stare-Out posted:

I'm not saying it's brilliant design or anything but a lot of your problems see, to stem from the fact that you refuse switch teams which boss fights in the game let you do right before the fight.

Eh 'just swap your team' is also iffy advice in a game that makes getting an endgame team such a resource sink that's also extremely timegated.
Like even beyond leveling and artifacts. If you don't have the weekly boss resources, or maybe weren't grinding out that Tuesday domain because you didn't need it until now, it's not like you can transmute the mats or books you actually have.

Like if especially a world boss can't be done by my Itto Geo team, there's probably not a good chance my other units that are 10-30 levels behind can do the content.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nahida's banner has become the best selling in China thus far, surpassing Raiden's first banner.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 7, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Eh 'just swap your team' is also iffy advice in a game that makes getting an endgame team such a resource sink that's also extremely timegated.
Like even beyond leveling and artifacts. If you don't have the weekly boss resources, or maybe weren't grinding out that Tuesday domain because you didn't need it until now, it's not like you can transmute the mats or books you actually have.

Like if especially a world boss can't be done by my Itto Geo team, there's probably not a good chance my other units that are 10-30 levels behind can do the content.
None of that matters for breaking elemental construct shields, though. They only care about elemental application. And most bosses only summon them in a phase where they don't even attack you, so you could do it with a level 1 character and be just fine.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Is this some funky multiplayer bugs?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

None of that matters for breaking elemental construct shields, though. They only care about elemental application. And most bosses only summon them in a phase where they don't even attack you, so you could do it with a level 1 character and be just fine.

But my synergies...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TBF those constructs do attack you so I can understand not wanting to put a literal level 1 in there without a strong shielder.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
so just got back into genshin and slammed out a C6 Nahida. What's a good comp if I wanna use her on-field? Haven't rolled on things since the Yelan banner so I don't have anyone recent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Nahida's banner has become the best selling in China thus far, surpassing Raiden's first banner.

These sorts of comparisons are slightly fraught due to the size of the user base changing.

But yes, Nahida is certainly popular…