Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

distortion park posted:

Nice! I think that might be a thread record? My best blursed run also had those two item quality blessings, those and Save spell are my favourite blursed ones.

It would be cool if blursed gave you the option sometimes to swap two 4 cost blessings for an 8 cost or something. Maybe it already does but it's very rare?

Oh yes the save spell was another random blessing which became an MVP. Until the very end of the run it meant I could generally keep everyone alive until turn 3 when they'd all get healed and shielded and be in a fairly strong position for the rest of the fight.

Is there a turn counter somewhere for individual fights? I can just about manage to count to 3 turns for the heal and shield all blessing but it would be very helpful for the doom curse and cataclysm blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

The Aguamoose posted:

Oh yes the save spell was another random blessing which became an MVP. Until the very end of the run it meant I could generally keep everyone alive until turn 3 when they'd all get healed and shielded and be in a fairly strong position for the rest of the fight.

Is there a turn counter somewhere for individual fights? I can just about manage to count to 3 turns for the heal and shield all blessing but it would be very helpful for the doom curse and cataclysm blessing.

Yeah, it's under "#"

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

Dr. Stab posted:

Yeah, it's under "#"

Ha, how on earth had I missed that.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Amazing

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
This implies the existence of Alpha Grandma

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
grandmalpha

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Davedave24 posted:

grandmalpha

*Grandmalpha

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Grandma dear, what a large pile of bonus hit points from my curses you have.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If you put Rescue on a side that deals damage to an enemy, can the game recognize that you killing the enemy that was about to kill a party member 'rescued' them, and thus, lets you reuse it?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Junpei posted:

If you put Rescue on a side that deals damage to an enemy, can the game recognize that you killing the enemy that was about to kill a party member 'rescued' them, and thus, lets you reuse it?

I haven't tested this in a while, or since 2.0, but I want to say yes. It's an effect that takes away the damage that would have killed someone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Junpei posted:

Yes it does and it is a wonderful way to rain some mega huge blows down on your posting enemies.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I was sad to learn the lesson that gives all of your dice plus three on Boss levels doesn't work on dye faces that you give with items. I didn't easy classic run in 46 turns and I almost made it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Junpei posted:

IIRC it checks whether any hero that was dying is no longer dying.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was asking because I had that high-level "Put Rescue on top and bottom side" item, but my Grey was Mimic and my Red was Disciple, which has mana-only sides top and bottom, so I had to put it on my Yellow.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Getting Angel Feather when you don't have and can't get Valkyrie is truly painful

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Not getting valkyrie is painful in general

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What # item level is this "Pair of Kings" item I need to unlock the last t3 Blue?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Been seeing a lot of confusion on effect layering so I'd like to remind everyone that there's a hierarchy in the in-game help menu:

I don't think I've found an exception for it yet.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Junpei posted:

What # item level is this "Pair of Kings" item I need to unlock the last t3 Blue?

7. It took me a while for it to turn up, so maybe there are different rarities within each tier?

Also, what is the last human sized enemy in the atlas? I play a decent amount and still have not seen it.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 7, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

number-go-up brain is giddy with sheer delight at this side

(e) final boss was hexia :negative:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 7, 2022

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I wish I could re-lock Basalt. What a run killer. Slates are so hard to deal with when you have high damage non-repeatable sides that I find myself picking cantrip heroes purely to deal with them.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

number-go-up brain is giddy with sheer delight at this side

(e) final boss was hexia :negative:

I'd swear I get hexia at least 2/3s of the time. It's rare to have a squad that would prefer it over dragon. Basically only if you have that "no damage on your turn" effect

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Titanbane Potions turn Hexia into a kitten. I'll slam-pick one evety time as insurance.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Miftan posted:

I wish I could re-lock Basalt. What a run killer. Slates are so hard to deal with when you have high damage non-repeatable sides that I find myself picking cantrip heroes purely to deal with them.

See also Brambles, which can show up on wave 3 Normal.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Bramble is a first wave boss monster, I think. Like a troll or alpha wolf.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I hate Bramble worse than Hexia. You have the whole run to get tech that works against Hexia. But Bramble shows up super early and I think is literally impossible on some generated heroes.

For Basalt, one thing I'll note is that Fey and Glacia are both really high priority picks for me and one thing they do is really trivialize that fight. Weaken is super-duper strong into summoners.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hooo boy. Getting the "can't die on turn one or two" item onto the barbarian.

First unfair classic win, that, against Hexia. Fantastic.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Finally beat easy loot, with this absolutely busted set of curses/blessings. "Complex easy" is definitely easier than normal easy at least for loot, your heroes suck anyway so making them worse isn't a big loss. Any time my heroes started dying I'd get 4 mana a pop to power bolt at 3 mana.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I keep forgetting that "Mana-Gain" is not a keyword. Because it shows up like a key-word and then I put chain on something and keep getting disapointed.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
mana-gain is a keyword. Mana sides don't have that keyword, though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

As I understand it, Mana Gain is only a keyword when the side is not already a mana side. So, for example, copycat can copy a side that's 1 Damage Mana-Gain to get the Mana-Gain, but can't copy a 1 Mana side.

It's a bit confusing, but thinking about it, the logic is pretty consistent. A side is only a mana side when it doesn't have a target; when it does have a target the Mana-Gain keyword is used instead.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 8, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That might be it. When I get nunchucks or whatever I usually end up matching off the chain keyword on my wizard's sword+ mana.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

I need to figure out the weird mana-gain stuff. Maybe everything should be keywords.

1 `Damage` `Group` `Rampage`

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm...down to only four non secret achievements. Good lord!

I'm having a better and better time with prophet. Get enough mana and start casting up some regen, and I could start actually outlasting bosses.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tann posted:

I need to figure out the weird mana-gain stuff. Maybe everything should be keywords.

1 `Damage` `Group` `Rampage`

That would be cool, but would make chain bonkers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

duel seems a bit quriky in how it applies - does it only work on single target attacks?

Dr. Stab posted:

you have to get it exact for easy but not for hard+, for some reason.

yeah it's kind of annoying, if I want to take fewer blessings I should be able to do that

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 9, 2022

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Tunicate posted:

duel seems a bit quriky in how it applies - does it only work on single target attacks?

yeah it's kind of annoying, if I want to take fewer blessings I should be able to do that

It works on cleave attacks as well, I had pistol on Sinew last run.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird, didn't work on my dancer's rampage-all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Tunicate posted:

Weird, didn't work on my dancer's rampage-all

That's because an all enemies side doesn't target anything. Duel works when the target is also targeting you.