Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MotU posted:

so just got back into genshin and slammed out a C6 Nahida. What's a good comp if I wanna use her on-field? Haven't rolled on things since the Yelan banner so I don't have anyone recent

For on-field nahida, probably either a quicken team with Fischl + Beidou/Yae or a hyperbloom team with Xingiu/Yelan plus a full-EM build on Raiden or Fischl. With like Zhongli or some kinda healer in the fourth slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

For on-field nahida, probably either a quicken team with Fischl + Beidou/Yae or a hyperbloom team with Xingiu/Yelan plus a full-EM build on Raiden or Fischl. With like Zhongli or some kinda healer in the fourth slot.

My Yelan is C6, my Yae is C2, and my Raiden is C3, idk if that affects what'd be best. Would be nice to finally get to use Yae with her weapon. Oh, also have Nahida's weapon, Yelan's and Raiden's. Again idk what would make the best comp outta them

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Asimo posted:

This is a very, very big "if". I've been playing this loving game since launch I've managed maybe three artifacts even close to that level. I have no idea how anyone actually kits a character with a full set of them.

i’m a launch player too, and i have very specific memories of getting them far more often before inazuma dropped. drat near every pale flame artifact i ever got was either a 4 line start and/or 10/20 piece, which is why my c0 eula shits all over every other 5* i have and like more, and i’ve got all of them but the three hyper-niche ones

the sumeru domain is super duper EXTRA cursed. i’ve been farming/refilling since i opened it and i have… exactly one 10/20 deepwood feather and sets that average high-20 cv max for each

speaking of, if you don’t have at least a couple of cracked artifacts, i don’t really recommend rolling for nahida’s weapon. my r5 widsith did better for my cyno/em raiden team for reasons i don’t know but a TCer could probably explain

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You dont need cracked artifacts, i avearge like 150 crit dmg at most and easily clear abyss. Energy recharge was always more important and now its em.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
150 crit damage is also really good? Like that's not perfect rolls but it still requires some effort/luck.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

MotU posted:

so just got back into genshin and slammed out a C6 Nahida. What's a good comp if I wanna use her on-field? Haven't rolled on things since the Yelan banner so I don't have anyone recent

With C6, Nahida becomes an extremely strong Spread carry. All you need is an electro that can hit as many enemies with electro as possible. Yae Miko is good for this, with the bonus that Nahida buffs Miko's damage as well. Then you can use any character that can buff or shield. Probably Bennett, whose raw attack buff is much stronger than the strongest EM buff, and Zhongli, who makes you invincible and shreds both resistances. You can make Zhongli hold deepwood and Bennett hold instructors if you want, but I doubt it's necessary.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Thinking about how there are 3 standard 5 stars that I actively want/would like cons for now, so now 50/50s are more like 25/75s. Maybe this gacha stuff aint so bad after all :unsmith:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

All I want are Keqing and Jean but all I get are Diluc and Mona. I don't even have C0 Jean.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

pretty sure Dehya will end up being my first Pyro Claymore user at this rate :(

TFW no Diluc

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MoonCrab posted:

With C6, Nahida becomes an extremely strong Spread carry. All you need is an electro that can hit as many enemies with electro as possible. Yae Miko is good for this, with the bonus that Nahida buffs Miko's damage as well. Then you can use any character that can buff or shield. Probably Bennett, whose raw attack buff is much stronger than the strongest EM buff, and Zhongli, who makes you invincible and shreds both resistances. You can make Zhongli hold deepwood and Bennett hold instructors if you want, but I doubt it's necessary.

the answer is always Bennett and I am still a Bennett hater . . . one day I will just have to give in

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Does Nahida Q not give resistance to interruption?

Feels like she has to run with ZL then.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
She would be even more busted if her Q gave perma uptime interruption resistance

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Boat Stuck posted:

Feels like she has to run with ZL then.
Xingqiu does, and her on-field comps like Xingqiu anyways.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Boat Stuck posted:

No, just her hold-E.

Nahida's Excellent Adventure

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://i.imgur.com/JK4EGSA.mp4

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I love how she moves her eyes there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually sells it. Game needs more conversation animations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Thanks to the poster who mentioned the necessity of giving someone (preferably Nahida I imagine) the Dendro set, even at cost to EM. I had a single good Dendro set on Collei that I switched over, and it didn't even cost me much EM (though it cost ER*; I'll need to test more to see if what I have now is fine - I think it might be with the duration boost from two hydro).

Now I see stuff (I guess Nilou's blooms?) doing over 30k damage, plus all the other green numbers I can't keep track of. I was doing a laylines with the 3 flying ruin bird things, and a big burst of reactions destroyed them all.

* My Gilded Dreams set had enough EM that I still had over 900 even with ER sands. Now I still have roughly the same EM, but with EM sands.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ok i changed my mind, nahida is def the best character in the game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
wrong

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it's itto

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrr4-sdE0KA

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

This would work better if it were Sara instead of Miko.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Boogle posted:

This would work better if it were Sara instead of Miko.

Yeah but Miko is a fox devilspirit.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just hope that won't be me in a few weeks when I try fishing for Layla.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I just got Fischl, which is cool and all. BUT. In all my rolls of the dice I’ve gotten now seven electro characters, plus constellations, and not one single hydro character. It’s me and Barb against the world.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lt. Cock posted:

I just got Fischl, which is cool and all. BUT. In all my rolls of the dice I’ve gotten now seven electro characters, plus constellations, and not one single hydro character. It’s me and Barb against the world.

Probably because there are seven 4* electros and only three 4* hydros.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

All I want are Keqing and Jean but all I get are Diluc and Mona. I don't even have C0 Jean.

Keqing and Jean are my only standards so far, along with a wolf's gravestone i have no plan for. I would kill for Mona so I wouldn't have to try and make Barbara work as a hydro applicator anymore.

Keqing at least helped me through midgame, Jean's benched because building c6 Sucrose as a vacuum bot seems like a better idea for dealing with those drat mushrooms.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Probably because there are seven 4* electros and only three 4* hydros.
I blame Xingqiu for distorting the design space. Don't try to tell me three is more typical and there's just weirdly many electros. It's all his fault.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I’m just an electro hoarder now that I’m looking at it. The most I’ve rolled of any other element is geo with two characters. Then one character a piece with every other element.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I blame Xingqiu for distorting the design space. Don't try to tell me three is more typical and there's just weirdly many electros. It's all his fault.

It's the lowest number of 4 stars for now.

When Wanderer releases and brings Faruzan, that'll leave Hydro in last place as Anemo suddenly has four 4* characters to it's name.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Lt. Cock posted:

I’m just an electro hoarder now that I’m looking at it. The most I’ve rolled of any other element is geo with two characters. Then one character a piece with every other element.

I have definitely found that Electro chars tend to have aesthetics I find more appealing. I picked up Cyno even though I don't plan on using him in any parties long-term, because the purple glowy particle effects and claw moveset looked fun.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kind wild when you consider hydro is a heavy lifting element. Freeze teams, vape teams, taser teams...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean it's literally just XQ. Half those teams don't even work without specifically his amount of hydro application.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I find it hard to rate Nahida because outside of the abyss everything dies before I can setup hyperbloom chains (or immediately after a single reaction.) I can't figure out what the gently caress I am doing with these reactions everything just dies right away. How come :confused:

Kazuha kills most enemies instantly so that's a high bar to surpass. Just floatin' into an eremite camp with a bonfire and using his elemental skill :yeshaha:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Nahida has the advantage cus you don't even have to be nearby. Set up Raiden's eye, then scan a distant group of hilichurls and watch them all pop instantly from the Nahida E -> Raiden E -> Nahida tri-karma proc chain.

Well in theory. Mine still doesn't oneshot them like that most of the time although she's only lvl 80. I need more gems!!!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Who triggers the reaction?

Like who wants EM and who wants crit rate. If Raiden is triggering the reaction I assume she wants crit rate/electro dmg but then also some EM for the aggravate modifier. But if that's the case then what is EM on Nahida for in this equation? Does EM on Nahida do anything for quicken if she isn't the one triggering?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

With Quicken (and therefore Aggravate and Spread) they will both be triggering separate reactions. All the purple damage comes from Raiden and all the green damage comes from Nahida.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
But whose EM counts for which number? Whose crit counts when that happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The person who deals the damage? I don't see how this is confusing. Raiden hits a Quickened target and deals bonus Aggravate damage. This bonus damage is multiplied by her EM coefficient and then added to her attack damage, which is multiplied by her crit. Nahida hits a Quickened target and deals bonus Spread damage. This bonus damage is multiplied by her EM coefficient and then added to her attack damage, which is multiplied by her crit. They both benefit from both EM and Crit because they are doing entirely separate reactions, both of which can crit.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 7, 2022