Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/LucyXIV/status/1589157405690327040?t=NDCiXTK2lBqqd9Y-v8WyFg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 4, 2005

This is going to be a great internet historian video in 2030

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I think the best thing for Elon to do is to keep posting through this debacle

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Unperson_47 posted:

If I had a billion dollars, no one would ever hear from my dumb rear end.

edit: in before someone offers me a billion to save everyone from my bad posts

It’s like these billionaires today don’t even know how to be rich properly.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

Inshallah

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Honestly, musk posting through it absolutely owns

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That scene from ff7 advent children where the whole party is helping cloud supermove Sephiroth but it’s Elon and Tim heidecker, chris metzen, the OG twitter dork, four increasingly irrelevant webcomics, an old dril tweet

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
jeffrey should offer to make a straight up 1 for 1 trade with elon for twitter, there's only like a 40% chance elon would say yes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

That DICK! posted:

That scene from ff7 advent children where the whole party is helping cloud supermove Sephiroth but it’s Elon and Tim heidecker, chris metzen, the OG twitter dork, four increasingly irrelevant webcomics, an old dril tweet

the big dumb co-op scene was the squad fighting bahamut for... reasons

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

https://twitter.com/3PSboyd/status/1589399244800413696

This drama and chaos really does have the vibe of forums drama from yesteryear. It's almost nostalgic for internet users of the right generation.

These loss edits are getting weird

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This is a parody I presume?

Identify theft is no joke.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why would he bring up Reddit

Haha

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Comstar posted:

This is a parody I presume?

Identify theft is no joke.

Notoriously hilarious comedy place WhitePeopleTwitter has done it again with this absolute side splitter! 😂 😂 😂

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What a loving donkey

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Why would he bring up Reddit

Haha

He searches his name on every website. Probably has a google alert set for his name too

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

If I had a billion dollars, no one would ever hear from my dumb rear end.

Hm, I could basically disappear and have a private island where only friends and family are allowed to come, and do whatever cool poo poo I want...

Or I could do... This.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1589520365713502209

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elon if only there was some way that twitter could... I don't know... Verify that the holder of the account was infact the person they claim to bem that way parody accounts and scammers can't impersonate people.

Also Elon musk thinks that his SNL skit was identity theft of wario.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

post itt every time you're less insecure than the richest man in the world.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SRQ posted:

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia

SRQ posted:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Not only is Elon constantly F5ing Twitter and reading sick burns and getting his feelings hurt, he's also F5'ing Reddit for more. The only people that like him are the ones that liked him before and are willing to pay him $8 to be his friend as he's exposed as a thin-skinned buffoon more and more every day to everyone else.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 7, 2022

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

Not only is Elon constantly F5ing Twitter and reading sick burns and getting his feelings hurt, he's also F5'ing Reddit for more. The only people that like him are the ones that liked him before and are willing to pay him $8 to be his friend as he's exposed as a thin-skinned buffoon more and more every day to everyone else.

A plan with zero drawbacks

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

SRQ posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Elon could probably literally throw poo poo directly on his die hard fans and they'd praise him for it. They don't see this twitter ordeal as a fiasco, they see it as him being rebellious and "doing what he wants" which makes him super cool to them. He is disrupting the system and rattling the cages. Same logic trumpsters used basically to justify all of the insanity

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Never heard that half of the story before, I always figured Musk just threw out “pedo” because white guy living in Thailand. Turns out it’s for an even stupider reason because of course it is.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lol I sat in on that trial. It’s even stupider. He called the guy a pedo because he was mad about the child murder sub, and the Thailand thing. Then he spent all week getting mad about it and a random anonymous account messaged him saying they’re an investigator in Thailand that could provide proof about his “child bride” for 50k. Musk paid the guy and then he disappeared

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

SRQ posted:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

That DICK! posted:

Lol I sat in on that trial. It’s even stupider. He called the guy a pedo because he was mad about the child murder sub, and the Thailand thing. Then he spent all week getting mad about it and a random anonymous account messaged him saying they’re an investigator in Thailand that could provide proof about his “child bride” for 50k. Musk paid the guy and then he disappeared

what do you mean sat on that trial? as in the actual defamation trial? the one that was a softball of a case except the british guy decided to hire lin wood to represent him?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

SRQ posted:

I so didn't think it would happen to me.
Thanks Elon?:confuoot:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The UK cave diver sued him for defamation per se because being accused of a crime in a defamation case generally awards automatic damages, particulary given the reach of elons voice, as it were.

Elon successfully argued that "pedo guy" was actually a secret, South African slang that only him and his friends (who were just out of shot, agreeing) used to mean creepy old man with no further explanation. The judge bought this in its entirety.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

The UK cave diver sued him for defamation per se because being accused of a crime in a defamation case generally awards automatic damages, particulary given the reach of elons voice, as it were.

Elon successfully argued that "pedo guy" was actually a secret, South African slang that only him and his friends (who were just out of shot, agreeing) used to mean creepy old man with no further explanation. The judge bought this in its entirety.

You mean the judge was bought, right?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope the judge was bought, I'm not comfortable with extremely gullible people having this power.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SRQ posted:

I’m currently in year three of dealing with a finally-diagnosed eating disorder, but gently caress, I’ll toot my own horn here. I hate myself and obsess how others perceive me to a lethal point…but I didn’t spend billions in the process. Chalk that up to a W for ol teen witch.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That’s the one. Good Lin wood prequel. Had many opportunities to push Elon from the third floor balcony of a third story federal building. But now I’m glad I didn’t

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It was a jury trial so blame your peers

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Musk will definitely right this ship, implement all the changes, and get the advertisers back on board just as he provided all those ventilators during Covid

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is arguably off topic except inasmuch as it relates to weird men being both rich and useless but it was very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdqrFa6pWLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1659576083

:thunk: