Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

bike tory posted:

loving lol. Goats own

I'm gonna roll my transport related memes into the usual bunch from now on, hopefully our petrol vapoured oil baroness IK will allow for it and if not I'll just eat a 6er every time because I'm never going to stop

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

what's going on in that third panel? I'm not seeing a circle or arrow...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

:golfclap:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
what cuneiform does to a mfer

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

New favorite meme of all time forever and ever amen

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:allears: perfect

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/746398723210477667/1037842773652553738/QuackQuack3.webm

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
My god... they made Peter Dutton.

Horrifying.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

I can't figure it out?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I'll be that guy

:vince: 'As God is my witness, he is broken in half!' :vince:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let's see if this attaches properly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:stare:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sick of Applebees posted:

I can't figure it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMp65SzyTU&t=108s

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Let's see if this attaches properly.

Fewer

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah sure, but it should also be fewer cars.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Actually it should be NONE

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I think it's referring to the mass of people who were fatal victims of cars and are now part of the road.

Actually, using fewer in this context is archaic at this point and only done by pretentious wankers

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
That's true. If enough people get something wrong it is eventually considered correct. See also: Democracy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BonHair posted:

I think it's referring to the mass of people who were fatal victims of cars and are now part of the road.

Actually, using fewer in this context is archaic at this point and only done by pretentious wankers

Using “fewer” in that context is perfectly fine, and no one would think it archaic.

Demanding that other people use it, that’s what gets people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

less/fewer is mostly just because people aren't taught about countable/uncountable I think and without that you just have vague feelings about which one to use.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
My grandfather fought in a war for less / fewer

(Less Fuehrer)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think it's that "more" is used as the opposite of both, so why have 2 words for basically the same thing?

I've had to train myself out of being a dipshit about grammar, and somehow less and fewer is the one that has been hardest to completely get past.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fewer is deprecated. Its just a fewer useful version of "less".

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

BonHair posted:

I would like to see "fewer" posts of yours

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I could not give fewer of a poo poo

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This whole discussion is sensefewer. I’m going to go play my guitar.

it is a Fewer Paul

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I think getting countable / uncountable grammar points wrong bothers me so much because the opposite is literally the formula for "doge speak". "wow, many water, much bubbles" has the countable / uncountable adjectives backwards

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Learning English as a second language, coming from one that has the same distinction, including for more, but uses the same word for "less" as "smaller", makes it really easy. It has to be fewer people, unless you mean smaller people.

Conveniently, the word for "bigger" is not the same as any of the "more"-words, so we have three for more but only two for less.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

is it possible to just talk normally, sounding neither like a butler from the 1700s nor a doge meme? It's difficult to say.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

English is a garbage language, with it's contradicting rules defended by weird nerds. The only good thing about it is that you can say a sentence mostly wrong but still be understood (much like my posting).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

projecthalaxy posted:

is it possible to just talk normally, sounding neither like a butler from the 1700s nor a doge meme? It's difficult to say.

No, it's impossible. The best you can hope for is to be conversationally understood.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

English is the worst language there is except for all others

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The word fewer has been repeated so much in this thread it has lost meaning and just become a random sequence of letters

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
All words are just a random sequence of letters, you know? Just think about it. How do words even exist? They don't at all, in my opinion.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

The word fewer has been repeated so much in this thread it has lost meaning and just become a random sequence of letters

sounds like we should be using that word fewer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
don't want to overdo it, sometimes fewer is more