Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gripweed posted:

Goddamn it I was like 1000 points ahead of the second place in my Duolingo group going into the new week. But then, hours from the end, Danielle flicking zooms just 20 points ahead of me. Thank god I caught it in time, built up a 100 point lead. But I’m gonna keep an eagle eye on it. Less than an hour left and I’m not losing to Danielle.

#TeamDanielle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hope everyone's week goes well. Gonna be a rough one for us in the USA. Don't you go hollow on me. No matter what happens on the 8th, we can make it through, persevere, and overcome. Keep safe, keep well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FirstAidKite posted:

Hope everyone's week goes well. Gonna be a rough one for us in the USA. Don't you go hollow on me. No matter what happens on the 8th, we can make it through, persevere, and overcome. Keep safe, keep well.

Endure and survive!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gripweed posted:

I don't know any Germans to have conversations with.

Deutsche Welle has (or had) a news section written in simple German, intended for people learning the language. There is also an audio version where they enounciate very clearly. Recommended.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been assuming an assblasting since 2019 tbh so I'm alright

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FirstAidKite posted:

It genuinely took several minutes for me to figure out what you were talking about. I haven't seen much about the mid-terms, seems like a pretty low energy election.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I voted for gaming. I wrote in "video games" for every race

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sonic Frontiers reviews seem to be trending mostly positive with a few detractors.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The only voting I'll be doing is with my wallet. The two candidates: Harvestella and Tactics Ogre

Honestly don't know which one I'll pick.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The only voting I'll be doing is with my wallet. The two candidates: Harvestella and Tactics Ogre

Tactics Ogre

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Sonic Frontiers reviews seem to be trending mostly positive with a few detractors.

it’s another Sonic game, which means it’s buried in pointless half-baked innovation and technical issues

pop-in especially can be so bad the level geometry itself fails to load, sending you into the void

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm probably gonna take a break from the internet starting tomorrow regardless of the results. I'm so sick of this poo poo and I got better stuff to focus on. Self care is really important in this hell era and if you don't focus on it you are going to go nuts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In an unfortunate turn of events VideoGames is now elected to Congress

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How much breathing room do have with social links in P5? Am I gonna be able to max out most of them without savescumming/following a guide to get all the right answers?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

In an unfortunate turn of events VideoGames is now elected to Congress

What do you mean UNfortunate

I'd vote for him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles posted:

How much breathing room do have with social links in P5? Am I gonna be able to max out most of them without savescumming/following a guide to get all the right answers?

slight spoiler

the most important ones to do for efficiency are Temperance (maxed out) which gives you a timeslot after mementos/palace, but more importantly Fortune 5 which lets you pay to boost a social link if it's in the "I don't think my bond will improve yet" state

but it's so much easier to max out most links in P5R than it was in P5 that I actually started to run out of things to do near the end of my last P5R run without following a guide

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thanks, right now I trying to figure out how to get my guts up to 3 to unlock 2 confidants. There don't seem to be any great options atm (I've gone through the book and DVD).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
guts can be a tough one to boost early though going to the bathhouse when it's raining does it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I was gonna buy harvestella even though the reviews seem a little mixed but it's £50 😬

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

It genuinely took several minutes for me to figure out what you were talking about. I haven't seen much about the mid-terms, seems like a pretty low energy election.

I'm in Pennsylvania. The PA election in particular is one of the standout midterms being covered mainly due to who is running and there's just a whole lot of weight from this mess and how, despite everything that has happened, we still may end up with the sham tv doctor who doesn't even live here as our senator.

It's just a big stress mess and I want to make sure everyone else sinking into this misery mire knows we can keep going, together, regardless of what ends up happening tomorrow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll just be happy to not get any political ads on Youtube anymore.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll give it a shot at some point when the PC version gets cheap enough or if it comes to Game Pass, but my reaction to video reviews is still the same one I had to the initial gameplay reveal a few months back: I can't get over how incongruous Sonic looks in these sorts of generic quasi-realistic fantasy environments, or how familiar Sonic elements like rails and rings look so out of place in said environments, or how sparse and empty the worlds look

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Played some karaoke games on PC and man, it really makes you appreciate even more people that actually know how to sing. Also there could be a more involved game with singing where, I dunno, you have to sing to save the world or something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll just be happy to not get any political ads on Youtube anymore.

Imagine not having Adblock installed lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finished Stranger of Paradise this weekend. Need a Revengeance mod where you play as Jack, and a Stranger of Paradise mod where you play as Jack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

Imagine not having Adblock installed lol

I can't put adblock on my PS4

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's cool they will start running 2024 election ads immediately

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Finished Stranger of Paradise this weekend. Need a Revengeance mod where you play as Jack, and a Stranger of Paradise mod where you play as Jack.

Well, do you kill Chaos in the end?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feldegast42 posted:

Well, do you kill Chaos in the end?

The opposite!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

The opposite!

You gently caress chaos?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
you gently caress chaos to make it corporeal so someone else can kill it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

The opposite!

You birth order?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Have you ever read Repercussions of Evil?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I have read percussion of evil, and it is about the marimba.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And then Jack was a chaos

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Very surprised, was honestly expecting this to be one of the worse Sonic games. The trailers and gameplay footage just do not do the game any favors. Having a hard time imagining how this game could possibly be any good.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It has 73 on opencritic. That's in "not very good" territory.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ymgve posted:

It has 73 on opencritic. That's in "not very good" territory.

When compared with other sonic games it's not bad at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Star Ocean of mascot platformers.