Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Aramis posted:

I feel like I'm starting to "get" Elon. Taking everything I've learned into account, and from a deep analysis of posting patterns, I've concluded that it has to be this account.

I'M ELON MUSK! NO I AM ELON MUSK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody has ever seen Musk and Jeffrey in the same room at the same time. We also never really found out how Jeffrey got rich. Makes you think

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

istewart posted:

Deeply amusing that one of this century’s most avid practitioners of public self-gratification can’t spell “masturbate”

He can, his keyboard just needs cleaning.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm at work: is he just postin through it or did he get tranqed yet?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

musk keeps stepping on rakes and i'm here for it

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

lamo

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I hadn't seen this story before, a shareholder of Tesla is taking Musk and the company to court this month because Musk's insane ~$50 billion pay package as CEO of Tesla doesn't actually require him to spend any time running the company. The trial starts next week, so it's a perfect time for Musk to be publicly wasting all his time posting on Twitter. It is also taking place at the same court and with the same judge as the Twitter buyout lawsuit.

Reuters posted:

As Elon Musk is engulfed in his overhaul of Twitter, the entrepreneur is headed to trial to defend his record $56 billion Tesla Inc pay package against claims it unjustly enriches him without requiring his full-time presence at the carmaker.
[. . .]
Tornetta's lawyers argue the 2018 package failed its stated purpose of focusing Musk on Tesla. They portray Musk as a "part-time CEO," citing his testimony that in 2018 he worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at the electric carmaker and Monday and Thursday at rocket company SpaceX, according to his deposition.

According to the lawsuit, Tesla's board chair Robyn Denholm said the "minimal time" Musk was at Tesla was "becoming more and more problematic” in a 2018 email to Gabrielle Toledano, who at the time was the Tesla Chief People Officer.
[. . .]
"He now owns Twitter. How do they want to factor that in?" said Myers, who added that it will be a challenge to determine how to keep Musk from being distracted by other ventures.

"How much money do they need to put in front of this guy to get his attention," he said.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Free speech is finding a pencil
Pizza with sausage
Telling the time

Free speech is learning to whistle...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HEY OUR RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE
- NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE
- NO CSAM
- NO PROMOTING TERRORISM
- NO MAKING FUN OF HANDSOME AND RICH SOUTH AFRICAN GENIUSES

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

Clever ploy, you link the users back to their own accounts so that elon musk and his many alts all reveal themselves.

You've got it wrong. The ploy is way more subtle than that. We joke a lot about Elon being dumb, but he's surely not dumb enough to fall for something this simple. However, I figured he wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to point out that he saw through it.

After all, why would anyone want to be such a party pooper by revealing the trick before it had a change to work, Arrrthritis. Or should I say Elon Musk!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Not mine

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Elon got me to self own. In all my glee I bought some December Tesla puts last week, but what I actually did was sell some naked puts. Boom, roasted.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lucky Guy posted:

Three (CE)Olives

Impossible Musk hasn't mentioned his condo even once.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Elon got me to self own. In all my glee I bought some December Tesla puts last week, but what I actually did was sell some naked puts. Boom, roasted.

Your margin can't be happy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rich, gay, texas

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

pixaal posted:

Your margin can't be happy.

That’s how I caught it this morning…well that and the big red number

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

crime weed posted:

wait, now that elon's a republican & soon-to-be maga guy, will there eventually be a subset of coal-rolling chuds who transition to buying electric cars to own the libs?

Only if elon personallyhad some people install special machines that will spray smoke, aerosolized diesel, or flame out of tesla cybertrucks

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/xaviersonline/status/1589580085086289924

That's bullshit.

But I believe it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1589657164775391234

https://twitter.com/knowmiun/status/1589553447115796480

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1589702082889601024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1589652720591736832
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1589666578500833280

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Only if elon personallyhad some people install special machines that will spray smoke, aerosolized diesel, or flame out of tesla cybertrucks

Well, they'll definitely spray some smoke and flames in the end.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1589702291803713536

EDIT: I'm just gonna post an image here because in three weeks when twitter no longer allows embeds for whatever reason you can see this dumb joke I found amusing:

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 7, 2022

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
From earlier this year in his own words

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1526965699805069313

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

LOL

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

So in the midst of a massive drop in users, he’s also mercurially banning accounts… great job! :thumbsup:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So in the midst of a massive drop in users, he’s also mercurially banning accounts… great job! :thumbsup:

All his businesses are doing great!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly his speedrun of destroying Twitter is so incredibly impressive in awe

I really do hope this is the end of the MUSK = GENIUS narrative in the media

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Any child knows there's no polishing a turd but there sits Musk shouting obscenities at people while his hands are deep in the shitpile.

This sentence didn't work out the way I thought it would but gently caress it. Musk deserves no better.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

lowtax day is coming early

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Until he's caught murdering someone or interfering with some children, this will all just be some "eccentricity".

EvilBert
Oct 26, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Aramis posted:

I feel like I'm starting to "get" Elon. Taking everything I've learned into account, and from a deep analysis of posting patterns, I've concluded that it has to be this account.

drat

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

This is some quality dumpster fire-watching. The hickories are really crackling on this one.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Aramis posted:

drat! Now that I've been found out I'm going to offer a special crypto deal though - send any amount of Bitcoin to the address in my profile and get twice as much back, as my sign of thanks to the community!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hello its me elon musk

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

as usual their enemies make the democrats seem much better than they are

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That DICK! posted:

lowtax day is coming early

[Spiderman pointing at spiderman with one’s head as Elon and the other’s as Lowtax.gif]

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

sugar free jazz posted:

hello its me elon musk

Elmo does not possess a poster’s heart pure enough to drop a fiestacat without weirdly lame “please love me” jokes

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Rigel posted:

They supposedly will get to keep them for a while but will eventually have to pay $8. So, its no longer going to be meant for verification in any way whatsoever at all, it will literally be just $8 bling. And if you don't buy the $8 bling, your tweets will all get shadowbanned.

It's worth remembering that the point of the blue ticks was to stop people impersonating celebrities, and they were brought in because a bunch of celebs were suing Twitter.

With the new system, they're asking famous people to pay them to do the work they had to do anyway to not get sued.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sugar free jazz posted:

hello its me elon musk

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

There's no way Musk hasn't always voted for REpublicans or Libertarians